Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• People saying 'well who would you get in' are wasting their time.

We dont have the networks that professional football clubs should have when it comes to knowledge of coaches or managers.

For example, MK Dons lost a good young manager in Russell Martin to Swansea and replaced him with a young bloke who started coaching for City Group and then went to the Belgian 2nd Division. They appointed him and they've lost 1 game this season.

There are talented football people out there.
    You trying to say you're available?
  • That woman is a legend. 
    The perfect delivery gets me every time.
    I know. Could literally listen to it for hours and still laugh. The original is one of the funiest things I've ever seen
  • So a young manager with player experience, a CAFC connection and proven at sorting out a squad near the bottom of this division? 

There is one out there…Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank.

I think I’m joking.
  • So a young manager with player experience, a CAFC connection and proven at sorting out a squad near the bottom of this division? 

There is one out there…Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank.

I think I’m joking.

I actually think he is a good shout. 
  • Would like to give him more time, as believe it or not for 70 minutes we played arguably our best stuff of the season.
    However as much as I like Adkins as a person,I think the writing is already on the wall. It was painful to see him reacting to the Adkins out and sacked in the morning chants….he was unquestionably shell shocked and looked a broken man to some extent. I felt very sorry for him.
    Just a quick comment regarding the game…..in the first half Leco stuck across three or four delicious crosses that needed someone to get their head to…..how ironic that Stockley wasn’t there to take the opportunities, I’m pretty sure he’d have snapped up at least one or maybe even two.
    Oh well…..hindsight is a wonderful thing.
     Why prolong the inevitable?
  • I’ve lost all faith if he’s not sacked today. Can only be his mate Roddy keeping him there. Effectively five points from safety if you count our goal difference with Fleetwood a must win on Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• in the normal run of things, those early morning videos about walking and seize the day would be enough for him to be sacked as having zero credibility - given the one win in ten, i think he has confirmed it - take his mate roddy with him 
  • edited September 2021
    Why do people keep positioning Adkins as Roddy’s mate?

Where’s the connection?

The only link I can see Is Les Reed who was at Southampton with NA and in a technical position with the FA while GR was with PL.

Please advise

I believe that are Jacob’s parents. 
  • is roddy an acronym for rod jayne and freddy off rainbow - thats where adkins should be with his smiley positive nonsense 
  • DA9 said:
    We all know he’s a nice guy, but, so what.

He is either so tactfully unaware for the modern game, lost the dressing room or we have a squad dominated by mercenaries who don’t give a shit and are happy to take the wages regardless of results and performance 
    Or all of those things !!!
  • edited September 2021
    Was it VFR4life who knew somebody training with the first team? I wonder their feelings towards the manager/general atmosphere. 
  • nice guys don't often make good football managers or players for that matter - great smiley atmosphere at training - turns to shit when meet the nasty opposition - bring in John Sittens as caretaker manager for a month of good old school bullying  
  • DOUCHER said:
    nice guys don't often make good football managers or players for that matter - great smiley atmosphere at training - turns to shit when meet the nasty opposition - bring in John Sittens as caretaker manager for a month of good old school bullying  
    Who is that?
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    nice guys don't often make good football managers or players for that matter - great smiley atmosphere at training - turns to shit when meet the nasty opposition - bring in John Sittens as caretaker manager for a month of good old school bullying  
    Who is that?
    Former Orient manager have a listen to this;

https://speakola.com/sports/john-sitton-leyton-orient-blackpool-1995

• edited September 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    Who is that?
    Look him up on YouTube - has to be the worst (and for an outsider looking in, the funniest) team talks ever - pure comedy gold

Its John Sitton you need to search for
  • DOUCHER said:
    Who is that?

You probably know that ricky means John Sitton. For those who haven't seen his brand of management:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVj45yN72uU
  • "You can pair up if you want" is not a phrase I expect Adkins uses very often
  • On Wikipedia it says we turned him down to be a youth coach because of what was broadcast in the ‘Orient: Club for a Fiver’ programme
  • edited September 2021
    The two most important and powerful  leadership competencies , when combined  in any walk of life are ......

a) Inspiring and motivating others to high performance 
    b) Driving for results. 

Adkins is failing at both and as such has fatal flaws as a leader. 

He should go and go quickly 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!