Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Options

But, I fear people hounding TS - and social media makes this much easier of course - could see him say to himself ‘sod this’ and give us the Spanish Archer

This worries me too - Sandgaard has an almost touching belief that him being active on social media is a good thing.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    It really irritates me that Adkins doesn’t come over, ever to the fans and thank them. Bow did it every game no matter the result - it creates a bond and earns respect 

It’s certainly a reason I’ve not warmed to him. It makes him look like a coward IMO
    Did you feel the same way about Curbishley?
  • Options
    If Adkins goes so must everyone else,Roddy , recruitment lot  Jacko ,you name them. 

I'll lay money with anyone that does not happen.
  • Options
    "Murray giving Les Reed 10 games isn't going to cost him and might work."
    How did Bowyer start off again?
  • Options
    brownbear said:
    He has backed the wrong horse mate - no doubt about it!

TS should get Curbs on the phone first thing, and ask him "Can you sort this shit out for me, as we are going down the khazi and I don't know what to do!"

Those that remember the pre-Premier League Curbs will remember that the first thing he made all of his teams, were that they were hard to beat and horrible to play against, with a solid back four and an unbelievable work ethic and desire, that ensured that we were ALWAYS competitive.

I would bet my house that Curbs would turn this lot round and have us in the top six by the end of the season.
    I have a spare room to put you up.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Any chance we can give the next manager a bit more than 6 games?
    Yes. When have we given a manager 6 games
  • Options
    For those arguing Curbs is not the answer worth remembering that Graham Taylor went back to Watford at the age of 52 and took them from League One to the Premier League in a couple of seasons.

• Options
    Scoham said:
    I don't  care enough and  unwilling to give up pre match drinks
     Infact I may start missing mismatches. 

We have actually improved other teams buying their cast offs.

Crewe, Morecambe, Oxford   Sunderland , Nottingham Forest ,Portsmouth etc 

What?
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    It really irritates me that Adkins doesn’t come over, ever to the fans and thank them. Bow did it every game no matter the result - it creates a bond and earns respect 

It’s certainly a reason I’ve not warmed to him. It makes him look like a coward IMO
    Although I agree, bowyer never walked towards the tunnel with the north stand singing we want bowyer out
  • Options
    For those arguing Curbs is not the answer worth remembering that Graham Taylor went back to Watford at the age of 52 and took them from League One to the Premier League in a couple of seasons.

He was still an active manager though, he'd only left England 2-3 years before that. Bit different to Curbs who hasn't managed for 13 years. Any fan under the age of 20 won't even remember his time as our manager.
  • Options
    Curbs isn’t the answer .  We either do our homework and pay the money to someone with a proven recent track record (which , despite some protestations on here, Adkins does not have) or we give it to Jacko and Euell and hope for the best, buying or borrowing a mobile midfielder in January and a goal scorer.  
  • Options
    I can see Sandgaard giving Adkins the bullet should we not beat Fleetwood. We could be bottom on Saturday, I imagine discussions have taken place re new manager options.
    Rotherham will probably be called off due to international call ups so a new manager could have 7 days to sort the squad out.
    I'm not in total agreement about sacking Adkins but the football is shocking and this has all the signs of being a very long season.
    As the miserable @clb74 repeatedly says, quite rightly, how long do we give a new manager before he gets stick if he does not hit the ground running?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The fact you have to go back to the late 90s shows how rarely it happens.

If you give JJ and Euell a go as caretakers we can see if they get an instant reaction.

If Curbs comes in he’ll have to get plenty of time to turn it around. Imagine if he doesn’t and he oversees our first ever relegation to the fourth tier, in the season we named a stand after him.

We need to look back at the type of managers promotion winning clubs at this level have appointed. Most are on the younger side and look to play modern passing football, the way a lot of these players would have played in their academy sides.
  • Options
    To add salt to the wound.  Ipswich finally found their mojo, that was the type of result we needed to get Adkins back on track, myself and this thread would’ve gone quiet that’s for sure, but no that doesn’t happen to us does it, when will this nightmare end.  
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Scoham said:
    Oh great. That’s all we need. Protesting against Roland was one thing, but what’s the aim here? All a bit embarrassing. 
    Well that should generate a bit of stability around the club.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

The fact you have to go back to the late 90s shows how rarely it happens.

If you give JJ and Euell a go as caretakers we can see if they get an instant reaction.

If Curbs comes in he’ll have to get plenty of time to turn it around. Imagine if he doesn’t and he oversees our first ever relegation to the fourth tier, in the season we named a stand after him.

We need to look back at the type of managers promotion winning clubs at this level have appointed. Most are on the younger side and look to play modern passing football, the way a lot of these players would have played in their academy sides.
    I doubt Euell would want it on a caretaker basis.

I really hope the people who are in charge of drawing up the shortlist of candidates have a slightly broader view of the market than simply current employees.
  • Options
    Wait until the transfer window is closed and we have done our business bedwetters.
  • Options
    Waited until 10 games and things are not working for Adkins. He should go.
    The problem is appointing a new manager isn't going to fix the issues in my opinion.
    The structure is wrong somewhere.
    Whoever comes in needs to be able to bring in his own people, even if that means existing coaches have to be let go.
    Has anyone at the club got any experience in identifying and fixing similar issues at a football club?
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Curbs brilliant in this CAFC TV post match
    Why the fick don't you attend.  Sitting it out ?
    I thought you might’ve heard this, what with your insider knowledge at Charlton, but I only go when we’re top of the league (second at an absolute push!). 

….don’t get out of bed for top six.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!