Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Hungary / Andorra / Poland

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Find Jadon Sancho questionable with this... Same with Alexander-Arnold

Saka?

Been at Arsenal since he was 7, made his debut in the Europa league, never been on loan in the EFL.
    Started at Watford it seems :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bukayo_Saka
    Yes but he's been at Arsenal since he was 7, so it's a bit of a stretch for them to claim he came through an EFL academy.
    I believe he’s counted in the stat for the last bit - making his debut in an EFL competition, will either be the pizza or league cup.
    He didn't though, made his Arsenal debut for them in Europe. Anyway......i'm not sure i even care.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    cafctom said:
    It’s been 45 minutes of football since England went out on a penalty shootout in a major final, and the whiners are already out in in force I see.
    Harsh, people are allowed different opinions if you different know
    You gave them 45 minutes of a 0-0 score line before complaining, even though the England side have been mostly brilliant for the past 3 years.

Got anything positive to say about Southgate after his gameplan worked flawlessly to deliver a 4-0 away win against tough opposition?
    Hungary are poor
    France nor Germany could beat them just two months ago.

We lost to a decent Italy side (on pens) in a final of a major competition. Apart from them, I don’t see a team in world football that I think ‘they’d beat us’. When did that last happen with an England side?
    Agreed.

Five years ago we’d of drawn that 0-0 or scrapped a 0-1 win and been happy.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    What do we think for Andorra?

Pope

James  Mings  Coady  Trippier

Henderson

Bellingham  Lingard

Sancho                     Saka
                  Bamford

Could change the entire XI and still field a decent side, so the main guys are kept fresh for the Poland game. Poland play San Marino on Sunday so i expect they'll be changing a few players too.
  • Options
    What do we think for Andorra?

Pope

James  Mings  Coady  Trippier

Henderson
                      Bellingham

Sancho                     Saka
                  Bamford

Could change the entire XI and still field a decent side, so the main guys are kept fresh for the Poland game. Poland play San Marino on Sunday so i expect they'll be changing a few players too.
    So confident, you are playing with 10!
    Ooops. Edited now.
  • Options
    Would love to see Bellingham Sancho Foden get more of a look-in against Andora. Don't know a lot about them, but thought they looked good from the chances they got in the Euros 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Would love to see Bellingham Sancho Foden get more of a look-in against Andora. Don't know a lot about them, but thought they looked good from the chances they got in the Euros 
    Foden is injured but i'd say it's almost a certainty that the other 2 will play.
  • Options
    They'd better not make 2 many changes. Taking my boy on Sunday for the 1st time and he'll be heartbroken if Harry kane and Stirling don't play!
  • Options
    GD78 said:
    They'd better not make 2 many changes. Taking my boy on Sunday for the 1st time and he'll be heartbroken if Harry kane and Stirling don't play!
    No offence, but not sure they are going to just play their main players in a nothing game just for 1/2 fans who want to see them. You never know they might get 15 minutes at the end, but be shocked if either start
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unfortunately I agree with you.
  • Options
    Hopefully it will be 11 changes, not sure how fit Sancho is as he had a knock.  Not that it really matters for Sunday.

Shame Greenwood isn't there. 
  • Options
    Pope
    James
    Coady
    Mings
    Trippier
    Henderson
    Bellingham
    Saka
    Lingard
    Sancho
    Bamford

Will be the team, I expect.

TAA still not in due to our ridiculous depth at right back.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Find Jadon Sancho questionable with this... Same with Alexander-Arnold

Saka?

Been at Arsenal since he was 7, made his debut in the Europa league, never been on loan in the EFL.
    Started at Watford it seems :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bukayo_Saka
    Yes but he's been at Arsenal since he was 7, so it's a bit of a stretch for them to claim he came through an EFL academy.
    I believe he’s counted in the stat for the last bit - making his debut in an EFL competition, will either be the pizza or league cup.
    He didn't though, made his Arsenal debut for them in Europe. Anyway......i'm not sure i even care.
    I’ve had a look, first “senior” appearance was for Arsenal u21s in the pizza cup.

• Options
    Grealish was superb.   If Kane scores another 2 from his through balls then we smash them.   He has 2 players attracted to him every time he gets the ball, which allows some more space in front of him.   Mount has been surprisingly average (by his very strong standards in 2021).

I think 4-2-3-1 is perfect for this side.    I won't wonder too hard what might have been in the final, but surely Gareth now sees what Grealish brings to this side.   Very decent side now and the strength in depth is superb.   Foden and Bellingham will be knocking down the door to get in this side.   Sancho will need to find some form in a Man Utd shirt or Greenwood will be higher up the pecking order shortly.

November 2022 here we come!

• Options
    Thought I'd ask this Hungarian fan for his assessment (he's well known in Hungaro footie circles, and assisted us to get to Duchatelet's son at Ujpest at the time).

His other tweets about the fans last night are worth reading too, for perspective.

• Options
    First trip back to Wembley since the final. Previously, these home qualifies against minnows would be a chore as it was Families, tourists and city workers on a freebie as we struggled to break down a small side.

5-0 today as we see about 10 changes from the side who played against Hungary 
  • Options
    playing andorra is a complete waste of time - need to put all these nonsense nations in a separate tournament and if they win it, they can enter the proper one next time 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    playing andorra is a complete waste of time - need to put all these nonsense nations in a separate tournament and if they win it, they can enter the proper one next time 
    Does that include Ireland at the moment. 1 point in 4 games. Just sneaked a 1-1 draw yesterday 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Does that include Ireland at the moment. 1 point in 4 games. Just sneaked a 1-1 draw yesterday 
    lowest placed qualifying position should be relegated to the nonsense pot
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Still in the top 50 Fifa ranking.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    lowest placed qualifying position should be relegated to the nonsense pot
    This is what the nations league is addressing. Gives these nations meaningful games against similar rated teams and then qualify and get promoted to next level. 

They are going to improve by having competitive matches rather than going in knowing they are gonna lose 5-0 every match. 

Turkey were perennial whipping boys but they have reached two major semifinals in last 20 years. 
  • Options
    Smaller nations do get better over time. Look at Luxembourg.
  • Options
    Smaller nations do get better over time. Look at Luxembourg.
    Yes, but, Scotland..... ;)
  • Options
    Decided to get a ticket for today. Had also been put off in the past by the crowds being a bit too freebie / selfie stick heavy for these sorts of games.

Hopefully the performance at the Euros will encourage more regular football fans to come out and get behind the national team regularly.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Still in the top 50 Fifa ranking.
    Fuck knows how, they're absolutely dreadful. Their results going back to 2020 when games resumed after covid:

Bulgaria A 1-1
    Finland H lost 1-0
    Slovakia A 0-0
    Wales H 0-0
    Finland A lost 1-0
    England A lost 3-0
    Wales A lost 1-0
    Bulgaria H 0-0
    Serbia A lost 3-2
    Luxembourg H lost 1-0
    Qatar A 1-1
    Andorra A won 4-1
    Hungary A 0-0
    Portuga A lost 2-1
    Azerbaijan H 1-1

W1 D7 L7 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Bamford gets his first England cap this afternoon...

Not overly surprising.

We also technically start with three Right-Backs which is probably even less surprising :D

• Options
    Is Pope injured at the moment?