Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Hungary / Andorra / Poland

Comments

• Options
    So nice watching an England team dominate possession at will in games like this.
  • Options
    Still sad that we didn’t see more of Grealish in the Euros :(
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    4-2-3-1 which Southgate learnt from Karl Robinson ! Luke Shaw is continuing to be a major attacking option for England despite being the LB in the four.  
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    There’s still a massive part of me that thinks we don’t need Rice and Phillips against a side effectively playing 7 defenders
  • Options
    Why are ENG playing in blue, not white?
  • Options
    We do seem to have a serious lack of attacking options off the bench with no Sancho, Foden, Calvert Lewin, Rashford, Greenwood etc 
  • Options
    Southgate is the same man that was hailed at the Euros. There is no chance he is ever going to change from how he plays. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    There’s still a massive part of me that thinks we don’t need Rice and Phillips against a side effectively playing 7 defenders
    You can't just turn up against a Germany in the last 16 and completely change the way you play.

Your right we don't need them to get out the qualifying group but you need that familiar system and way of playing.  These games are basically preseason friendlies, or should be. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:
    It’s been 45 minutes of football since England went out on a penalty shootout in a major final, and the whiners are already out in in force I see.
    Wasn't whining. 

Just saying we know Southgate is a defensive, safe manager. We will still qualify whatever happens so job done. 
  • Options
    Well - either that stadium is full of Political sages who wish to deliver an eloquent evaluation of Marxist policy.

Or it’s a load of racist fucks being knob jockeys as at the Grand Prix and every other event in their country.

(Or it was West Ham).
    To be fair the average Hungarian, over a certain age, probably was forced to study neo Marxist policy at school.  Maybe that's why they are booing.

Or they are just a bunch of racist, sexist, homophobic c#£ts.

I think it's almost certainly the latter. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    It’s been 45 minutes of football since England went out on a penalty shootout in a major final, and the whiners are already out in in force I see.
    Wasn't whining. 

Just saying we know Southgate is a defensive, safe manager. We will still qualify whatever happens so job done. 
    We didn’t qualify in ‘74, ‘78 or ‘94, so I wouldn’t get too comfy.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Laddick01 said:
    You can't just turn up against a Germany in the last 16 and completely change the way you play.

Your right we don't need them to get out the qualifying group but you need that familiar system and way of playing.  These games are basically preseason friendlies, or should be. 
    Whilst I fully agree with that statement, I think our biggest problem against Italy was that we couldn’t change our system to combat theirs.

Could’ve been a good chance to get Mount on the ball deeper against a side that aren’t that interested in going forward.

• Options
    Great first touch by Kane then but a horrible scuff for the shot
  • Options
    Great through ball by Walker.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cafctom said:
    Southgate is a successful international manager. 
    Corrected it for you. 
    So I wasn't wrong then? Thanks. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Loverly goal.

How the hell the fans are allowed in because it isnt a UEFA game is beyond me.

And he gets booked, fucking comical. 
  • Options
    Sterling gets cups thrown at him and all manner of abuse. Gets booked.

Righty-ho.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They were just concerned that he may be dehydrated....
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Loverly goal.

The Hungarian fans are absolute scum.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Loverly goal.

The Hungarian fans are absolute scum.
    Indeed. Still right to get booked though. 
  • Options
    Sterling gets cups thrown at him and all manner of abuse. Gets booked.

Righty-ho.
    It's a silly rule, but an automatic booking for removing your shirt
  • Options
    Take that you twats. 
  • Options
    Have it
  • Options
    A great assist by Sterling for his Manchester City teammate Kane
  • Options
    Keep possession, be patient, take your chances.

Gameplan executed perfectly by Southgate so far.
  • Options
    Any professional player who gets booked for taking their shirt off should be fined a years wages. It’s a stupid rule but it’s a rule so why do they get a cheap yellow?  If I was Southgate I’d be effing livid.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    That's what happens when we turn it on. Just wish we played like that all the time