Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Hungary / Andorra / Poland

Comments

• Reports now that they pissed in the cups before throwing them on the pitch.
  • Complete rotation for Andorra. its a guaranteed 3 points and Poland are the only other decent side in this group so...
  • cafctom said:
    It’s been 45 minutes of football since England went out on a penalty shootout in a major final, and the whiners are already out in in force I see.
    Harsh, people are allowed different opinions if you different know
  • We are such a consistently strong national team now, whilst other countries seem to have hiccups. Roll on 2022.
  • We are such a consistently strong national team now, whilst other countries seem to have hiccups. Roll on 2022.
    That’s the worry, the way we’re progressing we will probably be heavy favourites in Qatar, it’s just then how they handle the pressure.
    That’s the worry, the way we’re progressing we will probably be heavy favourites in Qatar, it’s just then how they handle the pressure.
    I think they had more pressure at the euros. ‘Easy’ group and then home advantage. I honestly think these boys are past that now.
    I think they had more pressure at the euros. ‘Easy’ group and then home advantage. I honestly think these boys are past that now.
    Agree to an extent.  But the World Cup is bigger and watched by more, and like I said I think we’ll be favourites, whereas France were during the euros.  Hope you’re right though.  
  • Gave them a proper pumping, didn't we?

So pleasing to see us actually go out and attack like that.
  • Good solid performance.

• Sponsored links:

Agree to an extent.  But the World Cup is bigger and watched by more, and like I said I think we’ll be favourites, whereas France were during the euros.  Hope you’re right though.  
    I still think Brazil and France will be ahead of us in the betting. The former being ridiculously overrated. 
  • cafctom said:
    It’s been 45 minutes of football since England went out on a penalty shootout in a major final, and the whiners are already out in in force I see.
    You gave them 45 minutes of a 0-0 score line before complaining, even though the England side have been mostly brilliant for the past 3 years.

Got anything positive to say about Southgate after his gameplan worked flawlessly to deliver a 4-0 away win against tough opposition?
  • edited September 2021
    We’re Hungary really awful or did we make them look awful?

They were absolute shite but their record over the last 12 months or so certainly isn’t.

We easily could have had six plus
  • I enjoyed that game. H should of scored at least one more  unless I'm being disrespectful to their keeper? 
    Southgate said before the game that we in England have to get our game in order before we can start commenting on other countries, I liked that.
     I didn't see his comments after the game?
  • We’re Hungary really awful or did we make them look awful?

They were absolute shite but their record over the last 12 months or so certainly isn’t.

England were superb. Tactically spot on from Southgate.
  • cafctom said:
    cafctom said:
    You gave them 45 minutes of a 0-0 score line before complaining, even though the England side have been mostly brilliant for the past 3 years.

Got anything positive to say about Southgate after his gameplan worked flawlessly to deliver a 4-0 away win against tough opposition?
    Hungary are poor
  • cafctom said:
    cafctom said:

Hungary are poor
    They looked organised in the 1st half. 2nd half the goal for England meant they couldn't really defend it out.
    Their keeper made some saves. They ain't a poor team 

• Reports now that they pissed in the cups before throwing them on the pitch.
    BS
  • edited September 2021
    Didn't watch the game due to time difference. How did Bellingham do?
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    He didn't play
  • Chunes said:
    He didn't play
    Oh right. Cheers. I read something that made me think he'd played. 
  • I heard that Rossi had pre-warned his players that England were a better side than Germany or France.

Before the game I assumed this was the usual old management speak to raise his players - to perhaps nick a result - following the draws they achieved with the aforementioned in the Euros.

Turns out he was right all along  :).

A fantastic performance by England who controlled the match from start to finish and could've had a couple more.

• It was a good performance. Hungary got their tactics wrong but they had to be broken down.
  • Find Jadon Sancho questionable with this... Same with Alexander-Arnold

Saka?

Been at Arsenal since he was 7, made his debut in the Europa league, never been on loan in the EFL.
    Started at Watford it seems :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bukayo_Saka
    Yes but he's been at Arsenal since he was 7, so it's a bit of a stretch for them to claim he came through an EFL academy.
  • A great result and great unity in the team.

Saka?

Been at Arsenal since he was 7, made his debut in the Europa league, never been on loan in the EFL.

Yes but he's been at Arsenal since he was 7, so it's a bit of a stretch for them to claim he came through an EFL academy.
    I believe he’s counted in the stat for the last bit - making his debut in an EFL competition, will either be the pizza or league cup.

Saka?

(The EFL, not CfS)
  • We’re Hungary really awful or did we make them look awful?

I think it was a bit of both last night.

Hungary certainly played a lot worse than they're capable of (this is a side that drew with France and Germany at the Euro's) and we were ruthless in the second half when we stepped things up.

So pleased that Sterling scored in front of their ultras and loved the reactions of Grealish and Rice to their fans. We're so strong now and i fully expect at least 9-10 changes for the Andorra game.