Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Hungary / Andorra / Poland

Comments

• Options
    Is Pope injured at the moment?
    He's on the bench? - Has played all three League games for Burnley this season
  • Options
    Is Pope injured at the moment?
    He's on the bench? - Has played all three League games for Burnley this season
    Haha that’ll teach me to look to at your screenshot without glasses. Didn’t see his name on the bench! 
  • Options
    How are that team lining up?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    433 Trippier at left back and Trent part of the 3 with Bellingham and Henderson.  Or James as the RCB and Trent and Trippier as wing backs in a 343?
  • Options
    Trent in the midfield is a bit silly but we're obviously going to win the game so who cares. 

I think if Southgate doesn't think Trent is good enough defensively to make the team in right-back, he should be out the squad. Liverpool don't see him as a midfielder and they have him every single day. 
  • Options
    Trent in the midfield is a bit silly but we're obviously going to win the game so who cares. 

I think if Southgate doesn't think Trent is good enough defensively to make the team in right-back, he should be out the squad. Liverpool don't see him as a midfielder and they have him every single day. 
    Liverpool also don't have Walker, Trippier and James and they can buy players........

...... But never miss an opportunity to have a pop. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Liverpool also don't have Walker, Trippier and James and they can buy players........

Do you not think it's a bit silly to have 4 right-backs in the squad every single time? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Weird argument, plenty of players that naturally fit that role better. 
  • Options
    Hope Bamford gets smashed. That is all
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Weird argument, plenty of players that naturally fit that role better. 
    If Mount, Rice and Phillips are the first choice 3.  Then Henderson and Bellingham who are at the two far ends of the career spectrum, who else is there?

Its a position England aren't overly blessed in, unlike right back, wide forwards and "10s".   I would rather try it now than get to the knockout stages of a tournament then have to find out.

Picking 4 right backs in every squad isn't weird if like Walker and James they can play right of a 3, like Trippier they can play left back or you want a look at trent in midfield. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    433 Trippier at left back and Trent part of the 3 with Bellingham and Henderson.  Or James as the RCB and Trent and Trippier as wing backs in a 343?
    This would be my guess…

TAA James Mings Trippier
    ——Coady Henderson
    —Lingard Bellingham Saka
    ———Bamford
  • Options
    So it is Trent in midfield… weird one.
  • Options
    Is Bamford genuinely the best we have other than Kane and DCL….. Mason Greenwood anyone?
  • Options
    Is Bamford genuinely the best we have other than Kane and DCL….. Mason Greenwood anyone?
    Doesn't play that position. Greenwood is more of a winger/inside forward like Sterling. 
  • Options
    Did better than Calvert-Lewin last season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_Premier_League#Top_scorers
  • Options

Kind of agree with your point in that he's taking a natural midfielders position in the team but TAA was actually a midfielder before Liverpool converted him to right back. Given how good he is at crossing and getting assists, and how people often question the defensive side of his game, midfield might not actually be the worst idea for him though.
  • Options
    Kane rested. DCL injured. Watkins injured. Greenwood i'm surprised hasn't made the squad. Not many other options though. Callum Wilson?

Fair play to Bamford though, 3-4 years ago at Middlesbrough and even in his first year at Leeds, you'd have been absolutely laughed at if you suggested he'd play for England one day.
  • Options
    Kane rested. DCL injured. Watkins injured. Greenwood i'm surprised hasn't made the squad. Not many other options though. Callum Wilson?

Fair play to Bamford though, 3-4 years ago at Middlesbrough and even in his first year at Leeds, you'd have been absolutely laughed at if you suggested he'd play for England one day.
    It's a tough one because the actual quest is to find someone that can play Kane's role, not just pick the next best centre foward. 
  • Options
    Bellingham should have played every game at the Euros. He's so so good. 
  • Options
    Bellingham is just pure class
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Palace Gareth starting 3 right backs against Andorra is fairly telling .  I know it’s not fashionable to think he’s anything other than amazing , but I’m still dubious .  He’s definitely stately and has management qualities but I’m sceptical about him as a coach. 
  • Options
    Trippier slows it down by keep coming inside
    Against Andorra
    Feel for Chilwell
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    wmcf123 said:
    Palace Gareth starting 3 right backs against Andorra is fairly telling .  I know it’s not fashionable to think he’s anything other than amazing , but I’m still dubious .  He’s definitely stately and has management qualities but I’m sceptical about him as a coach. 
    Is Chilwell injured at the moment? He’s not on the bench, so I was assuming so. If that’s the case then I suppose you can see why he picked Trippier at leftback, but if he’s not, you’ve got to wonder what he’s got to do to get a game. I would’ve thought blooding him was a priority, bearing in mind Shaw’s history with injuries.
  • Options
    Lingard is wasted at Man U, can't believe he didn't look for a move away in the summer especially after how well he did at West ham. He's hardly going to play at all there.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Is Chilwell injured at the moment? He’s not on the bench, so I was assuming so. If that’s the case then I suppose you can see why he picked Trippier at leftback, but if he’s not, you’ve got to wonder what he’s got to do to get a game. I would’ve thought blooding him was a priority, bearing in mind Shaw’s history with injuries.
    Not injured but he's not played for Chelsea this season either!
  • Options
    Trippier is not good on the left. 

• Options
    Matterhorn's commentary is absolutely dire.

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    He's been a sub every game for Chelsea as Alonso is keeping him out. 
  • Options
    Bellingham is so classy
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Not injured but he's not played for Chelsea this season either!
    He's been a sub every game for Chelsea as Alonso is keeping him out. 
    Ah, ok. Cheers both.