Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 21/22

Comments

• Chelsea do look like a legitimate challenger which at least makes the premier leagues title race more interesting. Shame their fans are the most insufferable bunch of twats on the planet. 
    Champions of Europe and have added Lukaku and Saul whilst making a profit on transfers. They've got an incredible squad, their bench today had Chilwell, Kante, Werner, James, Hudson-Odoi, Saul and Ziyech. Mendy, Pulisic, Loftus-Cheek and Barkley were not even in the squad.

I said after they drew comfortably at Liverpool with 10 men that they won't lose many games this season and i've not seen anything since to make me change my mind. I'd personally make them slight title favourites based on what i've seen so far.

Not sure if it's been done before but i think the top 4 this season could all get 85+ points.
  • edited September 2021
    Chelsea do look like a legitimate challenger which at least makes the premier leagues title race more interesting. Shame their fans are the most insufferable bunch of twats on the planet. 
    Champions of Europe and have added Lukaku and Saul whilst making a profit on transfers. They've got an incredible squad, their bench today had Chilwell, Kante, Werner, James, Hudson-Odoi, Saul and Ziyech. Mendy, Pulisic, Loftus-Cheek and Barkley were not even in the squad.

I said after they drew comfortably at Liverpool with 10 men that they won't lose many games this season and i've not seen anything since to make me change my mind. I'd personally make them slight title favourites based on what i've seen so far.

Not sure if it's been done before but i think the top 4 this season could all get 85+ points.
    Tend to agree - were really good once Tuchel took over last season, then upgraded Werner to Lukaku to fix their weak spot.
  • Of course only one of 4 clubs can realistically win the title, but the fact that we have 4 genuinely excellent sides in City, United, Liverpool and Chelsea all with a realistic chance of winning the title is really good for the PL "product", to use a business term, and will ensure it remains the top league globally

PSG may have a famous and world class front 3, but who wants to watch French domestic football?
  • Chelsea do look like a legitimate challenger which at least makes the premier leagues title race more interesting. Shame their fans are the most insufferable bunch of twats on the planet. 

Tend to agree - we're really good once Tuchel took over last season, then upgraded Werner to Lukaku to fix their weak spot.
    I hope you've just put the apostrophe in the wrong place and it's not an admission you are really a secret Chelsea supporter! :-) 😂 
  • Can't help thinking that Mr Levy might regret his decision not to take the money from Kane and use it to re-build the team. They offered zero going forward and their three opening 1-0 wins have flattered to deceive their real capabilities. Beating City was a great result but doing the same to Wolves and Watford is no great achievement. Two 3-0 defeats to Palace and at home to Chelsea (2 shots on target vs Chelsea's 10) suggests that they will struggle to make even the top six let alone the top four.

The Spurs fans will also not just vent their spleen on Levy but also on Kane all the time he isn't scoring. But then the team only has 3 goals in total and he is having to scrap off bits and doing the one thing you don't want the best English striker to do - going so deep to just get a touch of the ball. 
    Had City actually offered a sensible bid, not the £75m + add ons that they did (confirmed by half a dozen sources) then I have no doubt Kane would have gone.

I aluded to this before Nuno was appointed.  Didnt want him, didnt think he was good enough and he would be out of his depth.  Was pleasantly surprised by the City result but since then, we have been woeful.  We may have won the first three but the creativity has been non-existent.  It papered over the cracks.

Chelsea wouldnt have been flattered by 7 or 8.  There was a huge gulf in class today and we got a proper schooling.

Tend to agree - we're really good once Tuchel took over last season, then upgraded Werner to Lukaku to fix their weak spot.
    I hope you've just put the apostrophe in the wrong place and it's not an admission you are really a secret Chelsea supporter! :-) 😂 
    Indeed, only autocorrect thank goodness!!

I think I agree. They're machine like aren't they.

Bookies have them neck and neck.
  • I backed Chelsea for the title along with Wigan and Forest Green for Ls 1 & 2 .. Chelsea at 9/2, Wigan at 20/1 and FG at 14/1 .. pity the season has another seven months to go  :#
  • Chelsea have been mightily impressive so far. Tuchel's decision to sub Mount at halftime was tactical genius. Not many managers would have made that decision. 

Going to need a strong performance from any team who hope to beat them this season.
  • Addickted said:
    Chelsea have been mightily impressive so far. Tuchel's decision to sub Mount at halftime was tactical genius. Not many managers would have made that decision. 

Going to need a strong performance from any team who hope to beat them this season.
    Best manager around for me. Pep improves players and plays beautiful football but Tuchel is a tactical genius. Actually think he’d made a superb international manager as i think he’s made for tournament football 
  • Sponsored links:

• I know that, similar to Adama Traore, Saint-Maximin can be frustrating with his end product but what a talent and handful.

No idea what he does in his spare time but, at the age of 24, he has three children!
    Not sure how anyone can compare Saint-Max to Traore lol crazy, Saint Max problem is he will do it on his own unless Wilson is there. Far too good for Newcastle and could probably get in most of the top teams
  • Such a deserved goal for Man City at Chelsea.
    Domination isn’t the word.
  • edited September 2021
    Such a deserved goal for Man City at Chelsea.
    Domination isn’t the word.
    Game momentum up to the 54th minute. 
    Chelsea are green   :|

• United concede in the 88th minute.
    Bruno Fernandes misses a pen in the 91st.
    Excellent player, but I really don’t like him. Can’t put my finger on why.
  • United concede in the 88th minute.
    Bruno Fernandes misses a pen in the 91st.
    Excellent player, but I really don’t like him. Can’t put my finger on why.
    I don’t like him either. 
    He just always looks miserable, always moaning. Every second of the game he’s moaning about something. 
    Great player but smile once in a while for god sake
  • Another 3 goals for Vardy today

Sadly 1 was an og  :D
  • What a goal line clearance by Ajer for Brentford.
    Outstanding.
  • Sponsored links:

• What a goal line clearance by Ajer for Brentford.
    Outstanding.
    Then Matip does one almost as good at the other end!
  • If this game stays a draw and Palace lose on Monday, then Liverpool will be 2nd, City 3rd, Chelsea 4th, Man United 5th. Oh and Brighton will be top!
  • Harsh to be subbed when your last touch is a screamer that hits the back of the net. Bet Klopp wouldn't have done that to Mane or Salah!
  • What a cracking game
  • Oh what a shame!
  • If this game stays a draw and Palace lose on Monday, then Liverpool will be 2nd, City 3rd, Chelsea 4th, Man United 5th. Oh and Brighton will be top!
    I can't think that many of us want anything other than a Brighton win now do we?
    I can't think that many of us want anything other than a Brighton win now do we?
    Wanted nothing but a Brighton win regardless of the Brentford result
  • Arsenal tearing Spurs a new one. 3 0 up after 35 minutes 
  • 2nd goal for Arsenal was quality.

Now Saka grabs a 3rd after just 35 minutes. Spurs not at the races, look like they don’t wanna be there.