Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 21/22

Comments

• Options
    Kane overrated himself?!!! He’s one of the best strikers in the world.
    Man City didn't need him. He thought they did, that's overrating yourself. 
  • Options
    They may not be desperate but City haven’t replaced Aguero. They just took liberties with the offer.
  • Options
    Surely the time to judge that will be at the end of the season. City are currently 2nd and as far as I'm aware have won nothing so far this season. They lost to Spurs 1-0 and drew 0-0 at home to one of the worst teams in the PL, Southampton. In that game they had 16 shots and just one on target. The person who has scored more PL goals than any other player over the course of the last seven seasons might have put one or two of those chances away.
  • Options
    They don't 'need' him, same as you could say they don't need Messi, Ronaldo or Lewandowski. But they obviously wanted him, hence their bid. It was just nowhere near what Spurs would accept and Kane wouldn't put in an official transfer request.

I don't see how you can overrate yourself when pretty much every club in the world would like to sign you.
  • Options
    City are a striker short of winning the league by 20 points, and at the moment, they did a job on Chelsea at the weekend, but would have been smoking a big fat cigar at half time with a striker like Kane. 
  • Options
    We will see at the end of the season. 

Kane's value at the moment is plummeting with his displays so far this season. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    City are a striker short of winning the league by 20 points, and at the moment, they did a job on Chelsea at the weekend, but would have been smoking a big fat cigar at half time with a striker like Kane. 
    Buying Grealish still seems a luxury to me, when they already had the likes of Foden, Sterling, Mahrez, Torres, Bernardo

They still would improve with a proper striker, though it doesn't have to be Kane
  • Options

‘Plummeting’? What do you think his price has gone from and too?
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Buying Grealish still seems a luxury to me, when they already had the likes of Foden, Sterling, Mahrez, Torres, Bernardo

They still would improve with a proper striker, though it doesn't have to be Kane
    I still think a large part of it was that by signing him this summer it ruled out United and Chelsea from getting him, as they both had other targets this year. Next summer might have been different.

But in addition i'm not sure Guardiola is that convinced by Sterling, and he doesn't seem to know where to play Torres, so they needed someone naturally suited for that left side, and there's not many better who fit City's possession based game than Grealish.
  • Options

We'll be confident enough to put a bid in come January ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Gone from over £100m to now getting bullied over 90 minutes by Ben White. 
  • Options

Bullied?  Fuck me, Spurs were proper dogshit yesterday but on another day, Kane could still have had a hat trick.  He should have had a pen too.  And that was with zero service from a totally non-existent midfield.

• Options
    Ok, simple question...

If YOU was Levy, would YOU have accepted £75m cash + add ons for Kane?
    Add ons of around £20m, based on games being played and trophies being won, including the CL.

Would you?  Yes or No.

I doubt very much whether you would have accepted it.
    I hate Levy and ENIC with all my inner being but for once he was right in laughing that bid down.

I was happy for him to go with my blessing, I think 99.9% of Spurs fans would have accepted it tbh, as long as we got a proper fee for him.  I'm fairly sure Levy would have let him go had a proper bid been made.
  • Options

You do talk some poo at times…
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Ok, simple question...

Add ons of around £20m, based on games being played and trophies being won, including the CL.

Would you?  Yes or No.

I hate Levy and ENIC with all my inner being but for once he was right in laughing that bid down.

I was happy for him to go with my blessing, I think 99.9% of Spurs fans would have accepted it tbh, as long as we got a proper fee for him.  I'm fairly sure Levy would have let him go had a proper bid been made.
    Maybe you shouldn't have agreed with him that he could leave and then go back on your promise once it didn't work out in your favour. 

Now you have a pissed off player that you're paying 100,000+ a week to sulk on the pitch. 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Ok, simple question...

Would you?  Yes or No.

If Levy wasn't prepared to negotiate then he will never know what City were prepared to pay. The so called £75m plus add ons became irrelevant:

The Spurs boss flat out refused to negotiate with Manchester City and the club reportedly never knew what the north London club actually wanted if they were prepared to sell Kane.

City, by all accounts, were prepared to offer more and throw in a player exchange on top. There is, of course, another angle to this and that is what is the cost of not selling Kane. Well there's £300,000 per week in wages for a start. That's £15m per annum for a player looking anything but happy. Then there is the cost of Spurs failing yet again to get into the Champions League. Then there is his depreciation by virtue of his age and the reducing length of his contract. And instead of walking out after half an hour as they did yesterday, Spurs fans might not turn up at all. Reduced ticket sales and merchandise will affect them further.

Spurs have, of course, been here before. They spent the money received on Bale to purchase Fryers, Paulinho, Chadli, Soldado, Capoue, Eriksen, Lamela and Chirches - more than £100m. That season Leicester spent their entire budget of £560K on one player - Mahrez - ironically - who they subsequently sold for £60m to City. 28 months later they won the Premier League and by which time Spurs had already offloaded all bar two or three of those "kid in a sweet shop" signings.  

So yes I would have rejected £75m plus add ons. But I would have accepted £100m up front plus say a decent player or two thrown in on top. Because at the moment Spurs have a player that doesn't want to be there. His body is still there but his mind is elsewhere. He wants to win something. And when was the last time Spurs under Levy did that? Perhaps Levy isn't the great negotiator he would like people to think he is. The phrase "value and price" spring to mind.
  • Options
    Looking forward to tonights game.

Nigels are going mad as they're having problem getting their tickets due to problems with the ticket office.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Ok, simple question...

Would you?  Yes or No.

If Levy wasn't prepared to negotiate then he will never know what City were prepared to pay. The so called £75m plus add ons became irrelevant:

The Spurs boss flat out refused to negotiate with Manchester City and the club reportedly never knew what the north London club actually wanted if they were prepared to sell Kane.

City, by all accounts, were prepared to offer more and throw in a player exchange on top. There is, of course, another angle to this and that is what is the cost of not selling Kane. Well there's £300,000 per week in wages for a start. That's £15m per annum for a player looking anything but happy. Then there is the cost of Spurs failing yet again to get into the Champions League. Then there is his depreciation by virtue of his age and the reducing length of his contract. And instead of walking out after half an hour as they did yesterday, Spurs fans might not turn up at all. Reduced ticket sales and merchandise will affect them further.

Spurs have, of course, been here before. They spent the money received on Bale to purchase Fryers, Paulinho, Chadli, Soldado, Capoue, Eriksen, Lamela and Chirches - more than £100m. That season Leicester spent their entire budget of £560K on one player - Mahrez - ironically - who they subsequently sold for £60m to City. 28 months later they won the Premier League and by which time Spurs had already offloaded all bar two or three of those "kid in a sweet shop" signings.  

So yes I would have rejected £75m plus add ons. But I would have accepted £100m up front plus say a decent player or two thrown in on top. Because at the moment Spurs have a player that doesn't want to be there. His body is still there but his mind is elsewhere. He wants to win something. And when was the last time Spurs under Levy did that? Perhaps Levy isn't the great negotiator he would like people to think he is. The phrase "value and price" spring to mind.
    Ok. So we're agreed £75m + add ons was no where near enough.

I agree that £100m cash + someone like Laporte would have been ideal and I honestly think Levy would have accepted that but the Spurs ITK and respected journalist who knows more about Spurs than anyone, Ally Gold, confirmed it wasnt even an option and City were adamant fhat was their only bid and that was made only after they signed Grealish.  Thats been confirmed by 6/7 different sources close to the boardroom.

I'd be first to throw Levy under a bus if he deserved it and for once, he doesnt.

Changing angle slightly but given you've talked about dwindling crowds etc - I'm not convinced ENIC care one iota about Spurs.

Put it this way, they've now got the state of the art stadium they craved.  Do they need a successful team to fill it when they can attract the biggest rock bands, boxing bouts and a NFL London franchise?

Almost 70,000 paying punters on Sat night to see AJ.  I'd love to know how much ENIC make per event and then how much of that gets directly spent on THFC.  Of course, Covid has changed the landscaoe but even so.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Ok, simple question...

Would you?  Yes or No.

Maybe you shouldn't have agreed with him that he could leave and then go back on your promise once it didn't work out in your favour. 

Now you have a pissed off player that you're paying 100,000+ a week to sulk on the pitch. 
    A gentleman's agreement nornally works with two parties agreeing.  It was always the case that he could go IF any acceptable bid (acceptable to the THFC board not HK) was made.  It clearly wasnt.

So do you think we should have accepted £75m cash then?
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Nigels are going mad as they're having problem getting their tickets due to problems with the ticket office.
    C'mon Brighton 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:

Grealish has been bought to eventually replace KDB, he has the potential to be as good as him imo..
  • Options
    'We're The Boys from SE25' ffs 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Addickted said:

El Naffico
  • Options
    Fair few empty seats at Selhursr
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Ok, simple question...

Would you?  Yes or No.

A gentleman's agreement nornally works with two parties agreeing.  It was always the case that he could go IF any acceptable bid (acceptable to the THFC board not HK) was made.  It clearly wasnt.

Should you b@llocks.
    How much would it cost to replace Kane?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Fair few empty seats at Selhursr
    Probably couldn't get petrol so are still walking from Surrey
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Ok, simple question...

Would you?  Yes or No.

Should you b@llocks.
    How much would it cost to replace Kane?
    Exactly my point.
  • Options
    Ayew is just as...no wait sorry, close to, being as bad as Zaha in the diving contest
  • Options
    Brighton twatting about at the back is getting right on my tits. They need to chase this game, but all they’re doing is encouraging Palace to press them because they keep giving the ball away. Infuriating.