Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 21/22

Comments

• Options
    0 shots on target for Arsenal. 1 shot off. Hahaha. Imagine supporting a team like that. Hahaha.
    80-20% possession. 25-1 shots. 14-0 corners.

If it wasn't for Leno i think it could've been 8-0.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Arsenal in 20th. Makes me giddy. I can't wait to see the next video of that screaming fan from last week.
  • Options
    Really hope we get another video from that lad again - thats if he's alright and recovered after the Chelsea game
    @gwattsrants - says no video because he’s really defeated and his head would explode.  :D
  • Options
    Can’t believe there is an argument over the Liverpool penalty and red card… clear as day for me. VAR gets it spot on.
  • Options
    Good result for United and City there with 2 of their title rivals dropping 2 points.

One thing is clear though, this Chelsea side aren't going to lose many games this season. 
  • Options
    Sometimes you just have to realise there is a lot going on in the world that makes your own troubles and suffering pale into insignificance.

Come on guys, as decent human beings I ask you all .... #prayforthearsenalfans.
  • Options
    If Tottenham beat Watford tomorrow, they go clear at the top before the break, just to rub it in at Arsenal...
  • Options
    Good result for United and City there with 2 of their title rivals dropping 2 points.

One thing is clear though, this Chelsea side aren't going to lose many games this season. 
    Agreed, they are slightly defensive Chelsea but will be difficult to beat and have a bit more in attack than last season. I fancy them to come very close. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Can’t believe there is an argument over the Liverpool penalty and red card… clear as day for me. VAR gets it spot on.
    Came to this thread to post the same.

I don't understand the controversy.  It's a clear hand ball, particularly with the 2nd movement where he moves his hand to the ball.

Definitely a red card 
  • Options
    If he picked it up and dribbled along the goal line basketball style there would be some people saying it was accidental or unintentional.
  • Options
    Loving the new, more tolerant, refereeing style this season 
  • Options
    Anyone who thinks we’re wasteful in front of goal might want to have a look at wolves against Man U at the moment.
    Three or four golden chances already, but still 0-0
  • Options
    Not sure I’ve seen two rows of digital advertising hoardings before, it’s pretty aggressive 
  • Options
    Traore is such a beast
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Traore is such a beast

Wan Bissaka and now Luke Shaw have been bouncing off him all afternoon.
  • Options

Man Utd are back. 
  • Options
    Fantastic save from De Gea kept it 0-0 was vital.

they rightly highlighted the excellent clearance from Wan-Bissaka in the first 10 minutes but why did nobody point out the blatant penalty for the foul on Trincao immediately after? Wolves players didn’t seem bothered either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And then the most obvious penalty by Dan James right after that isn't being mentioned. 
  • Options
    And then the most obvious penalty by Dan James right after that isn't being mentioned. 
    Wow
  • Options
    Cue the cliches about title winning teams picking up 3 points even when they don’t play well 
  • Options
    BBC reporting that Arsenal are looking to agree a mutual termination with Willian. And that he's on £200,000 per week! 

I don't know who's been in charge of recruitment over the past few years, but the fact they still have a job amazes me. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    BBC reporting that Arsenal are looking to agree a mutual termination with Willian. And that he's on £200,000 per week! 

I don't know who's been in charge of recruitment over the past few years, but the fact they still have a job amazes me. 
    This will give you some insight: https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/ranking-every-arsenal-signing-made-under-edu-since-2019-285404

So much money spent on mediocrity. It's fantastic.

• Options
    Yeah, that’s what I said in the post above. Hence posting the clip (which has now been removed by Twitter)
  • Options
    In fairness Willian had a good season at Chelsea before his Arsenal move. 200k ok is mental but a premier league free agent is always going to attract a premium. 1 year deal not so bad as even 10mil for a class player for one season isnt unreasonable but trying to pay him off to leave now is nuts. 
  • Options
    Yeah, that’s what I said in the post above. Hence posting the clip (which has now been removed by Twitter)
    Never mentioned by Sky though because United winning is their preferred story. 

Wolves were by far the better team in the game. 
  • Options
    In fairness Willian had a good season at Chelsea before his Arsenal move. 200k ok is mental but a premier league free agent is always going to attract a premium. 1 year deal not so bad as even 10mil for a class player for one season isnt unreasonable but trying to pay him off to leave now is nuts. 
    A 2 year deal would've been right as he probably wouldn't have signed had it only been 1. But for Arsenal to give him a 3 year deal was madness.