Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Perfect Full English

123457»

Comments

• MrOneLung said:
    Remember going to a Denny’s in Vegas for breakfast, and I ordered two sides of hash browns with it. 
    The waitress asked if I was sure and I said yes. 

Now I was expecting two hash browns like you get at McDonald’s but each one was a full plate of shredded potatoes. The waitress gave me a ‘I tried to warn you’ look as she served it to me. 
    Denny’s is great. Went a few times when I was in Florida. They certainly do put a lot on the plate. I found myself having breakfast and then not eating again all day. 
  • bubble and squeak instead of the hashbrowns, no black pudding and a few more tomatoes and that opening picture is about right - maybe another egg or 1 less sausage to get the proportions right   
  • Found a great place today down in Exeter, Brody's Breakfast Bistro.

Basically all you can eat on a full English and also pancakes and waffles, plus a juice bar.

Really good quality sausages, black pudding, bread etc.

Went for lunch more than breakfast so while I loved the all day breakfast, the kids were happy tucking into waffles & toppings etc.

• Anyone that has chips with a breakfast needs to be shot between the eyes.
    There is one universally agreed exemption to this; the caff fry up when you take the car in for its MOT. 
  • A perfect fry up would have to have sausage, bacon, egg, beans, mushrooms, hash browns, toast. 

Other bits can be added, but that’s the spine of your side. 
  • I like hash browns but I feel like they are an optional.  If a full English came without them I wouldn't think it was that odd, whereas no beans or toast etc would be.
  • https://youtu.be/qJryfTK4UnQ Watch how a northerner does with a ginormous breakfast. I’ll translate if needs be. Forward to around the 9m15sec mark to see the monstrosity served up.
    When is the funeral?
  • PWR all but the first page, but has anyone mentioned a pint with their fried breakfast? Obviously available in Spoons throughout the Kingdom, but I had a blinder down in Bristol once, the next morning after a 2-1 midweek defeat. Stayed over with a City supporting mate and he took me to a quality cafe the next morning. They had a handpump cider,  but it was a bit too strong, so I went Magners. Great stuff.
  • edited August 2021
    YTS1978 said:
    PWR all but the first page, but has anyone mentioned a pint with their fried breakfast? Obviously available in Spoons throughout the Kingdom, but I had a blinder down in Bristol once, the next morning after a 2-1 midweek defeat. Stayed over with a City supporting mate and he took me to a quality cafe the next morning. They had a handpump cider,  but it was a bit too strong, so I went Magners. Great stuff.
    Used to spend a bit of time in Edinburgh - Sunday morning Scottish Breakfast (white pudding, lorne sausage, NO hash browns) and a pint of Guinness...(so not entirely Scottish...)
  • YTS1978 said:
    PWR all but the first page, but has anyone mentioned a pint with their fried breakfast? Obviously available in Spoons throughout the Kingdom, but I had a blinder down in Bristol once, the next morning after a 2-1 midweek defeat. Stayed over with a City supporting mate and he took me to a quality cafe the next morning. They had a handpump cider,  but it was a bit too strong, so I went Magners. Great stuff.

Used to be quite a few pubs open for the market workers at Smithfield. Not many open early now. One example is https://www.foxandanchor.com/  still serving full English with a pint. Not sure you will see any market traders, likely too expensive these days.

• Sponsored links:

• I’d genuinely rather have a fresh orange juice with a fry up than a pint. You’ve the rest of the day for all that.

tea before, OJ with, coffee after (with a pastry)
  • I’d genuinely rather have a fresh orange juice with a fry up than a pint. You’ve the rest of the day for all that.

tea before, OJ with, coffee after (with a pastry)
    Haha...yeah, not an every day occurrence tbf, but not bad as a little treat! Kind of depends if you have to do any work afterwards really!
  • YTS1978 said:

Used to be quite a few pubs open for the market workers at Smithfield. Not many open early now. One example is https://www.foxandanchor.com/  still serving full English with a pint. Not sure you will see any market traders, likely too expensive these days.

I actually work on Charterhouse Street, and that pub is about 200yrds from my office! Have walked past it a couple if times and thought it looked decent, but it's been shut. Will have to pop in at some point. Cheers!