Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Perfect Full English

As someone getting a bit fed up with the circular discussions of Transfers/Sandgaard/Both, it's time I stepped up and started some healthy debate. So without further ado, THIS is apparently what people think are the most important bits of a "proper" Full English breakfast:

The floor is now open to debate.... 

Comments

• edited August 2021
    I never order tomatoes in a greasy spoon just in case they serve the tinned ones (yuck). The mushrooms can also be a bit jank. I'm all over the rest of it, but bacon I can take or leave. 
  • edited August 2021
    Black pudding can do one.

Everything else is god tier. I love an Eggs benny in an English muffin on the side. Need more than 2 rashers of bacon.
  • All good except black sausage and tomato, absolutely gross!
  • Love everything on there, but I’m the only person I know who can’t eat eggs in any form!
  • Oh and forgot mushrooms can go as well.
  • Prefer tinned toms to grilled / fried.......and if I have black pudding it needs to be cut thin with a crispy outside.
    All the rest....pile it on - especially the mushrooms.
  • Bin the shrooms (unless magic). Two of everything else though please.
  • Black pudding can do one.

Everything else is god tier. I love and Eggs benny in an English muffing on the side. Need more than 2 rashers of bacon.
    Eggs benedict on the side? Bloody hell! So extra eggs, extra pork and then egg yolks and butter sauce. On the side. You are my newest hero. 

Just don’t get grilled tomatoes or tinned, just don’t belong for me. Not fussy about anything else on a full English, even chips, bring it on. 

Haven’t had one in 2 years. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Hash browns have no place on a full English breakfast. Baked beans are questionable but acceptable.

Everything else is god tier. I love and Eggs benny in an English muffing on the side. Need more than 2 rashers of bacon.
    Eggs benedict on the side? Bloody hell! So extra eggs, extra pork and then egg yolks and butter sauce. On the side. You are my newest hero. 

Just don’t get grilled tomatoes or tinned, just don’t belong for me. Not fussy about anything else on a full English, even chips, bring it on. 

I have a mate who is very precious about what ingredients are suitable for a Full English. His particular no-no is chips.
  • Only 82% having sausage? (89% if you include the veggies)
    How can it be a 'full' English with no sausage?
    Got to be sausage, bacon, eggs (scrambled for preference, but fried is fine), beans, fried tomato, toast or fried slice, mushrooms if properly cooked, hash browns. Brown sauce, orange juice, massive mug of coffee, tea if hungover.

I have a mate who is very precious about what ingredients are suitable for a Full English. His particular no-no is chips.
    Hash browns and beans have no place on any breakfast plate of mine:

Fried sausage
    Fried bacon
    Fried eggs
    Fried black pudding
    Fried slice
    Fried mushrooms
    Fried tomatoes

Anyone that has chips with a breakfast needs to be shot between the eyes.
    Is that you Glen?
  • I don’t get fried tomatoes. Takes all the goodness out of them!
  • edited August 2021
    I don’t get fried tomatoes. Takes all the goodness out of them!
    Not if you know how to cook them properly.

Cut in half, season flat side and put flat side down in a dry pan. When suitably fried, turn over and add a couple of drops of vinegar, a sprinkle of sugar and season again. Boooootiful.
  • I don’t get fried tomatoes. Takes all the goodness out of them!
    I actually prefer shit tinned beans with a fry. 

Yeah I know a lot of people like that. Chips are probably the most divisive. They just don’t bother me either way. I mean people seem to like potatoes most of the time. 

Something funny to me about people being snobby about a plate of cholesterol! Each to their own though. 
  • All good except black sausage and tomato, absolutely gross!
    Black Sausage and tomato lives matter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hash browns and beans have no place on any breakfast plate of mine:

Fried sausage
    Fried bacon
    Fried eggs
    Fried black pudding
    Fried slice
    Fried mushrooms
    Fried tomatoes
    Bubble and squeak

No Fried bread?

• Surely a "Full English" isn't a "Full English" without a pot of tea is it? Tea is so English after all.
  • Black pudding a no no and I prefer tinned tomatoes which I eat with my egg along with a dash of ketchup. Sausages have to be decent. None of this Richmond nonsense. I can take or leave hash browns and some but not too many baked beans but mushrooms work. As for Bacon, back with a bit of rind and not undercooked.
  • edited August 2021
    What the flip is a "black sausuage" it's Black Pudding you heathens. 

Mine would have been:
    2 Thick cut Slices Black Pudding
    2 Sausages
    2 Bacon slices
    2 Eggs 
    Fried mushrooms
    Toast (not fried) 

• I’d have all the above with the exception of the tomato and black pudding . If I was to have the tomato it would be tinned as it’s nice to dip the fried bread in the juice . 
  • Hash browns and beans have no place on any breakfast plate of mine:

Fried sausage
    Fried bacon
    Fried eggs
    Fried black pudding
    Fried slice
    Fried mushrooms
    Fried tomatoes
    Bubble and squeak

No Fried bread?

That's the 'Fried slice', mate......
    Come on you're 'aving a laugh! Just one slice - I thought you lot had the appetite of men not mice!