Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Perfect Full English

Comments

• clb74 said:
    Love a full English though usually I have it for my tea rather than in the morning because I don’t usually feel in the mood for food early on. Obviously I have to veganise it so use Richmond’s meat free sausages, This Isn’t Bacon bacon (made from soya protein), tinned plum tomatoes, mushrooms cooked in vegan butter, tofu scramble for the eggy part of it and beans done in the consistency of those left to fester under a heat lamp in a service station for a few hours. Three slices of whole grain toast, one slice with Marmite on. All drizzled with a bit of HP. Bloomin’ lovely.
    Can you stop with this Tea lark.
    Its Dinner

No, it goes breakfast, dinner, tea. That’s just the way it is.
    Breakfast, lunch, dinner, except on a Sunday, when it breakfast, dinner and tea.

Regional variations are fascinating...

Lunch and dinner is the same thing, it just depends whether your class is middle or working.
    where does supper come in...?
  • Eggs before beans! 
  • clb74 said:
    Love a full English though usually I have it for my tea rather than in the morning because I don’t usually feel in the mood for food early on. Obviously I have to veganise it so use Richmond’s meat free sausages, This Isn’t Bacon bacon (made from soya protein), tinned plum tomatoes, mushrooms cooked in vegan butter, tofu scramble for the eggy part of it and beans done in the consistency of those left to fester under a heat lamp in a service station for a few hours. Three slices of whole grain toast, one slice with Marmite on. All drizzled with a bit of HP. Bloomin’ lovely.
    Can you stop with this Tea lark.
    Its Dinner

No, it goes breakfast, dinner, tea. That’s just the way it is.
    Breakfast, lunch, dinner, except on a Sunday, when it breakfast, dinner and tea.

Regional variations are fascinating...

Lunch and dinner is the same thing, it just depends whether your class is middle or working.
    where does supper come in...?

When I was a kid supper was just something like a bowl of cornflakes you had before bed. As an adult I don’t class two beers and two cocodamol as supper.
  • Dave Rudd said:
    WHAddick said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    We buy Braughing Sausages from Tesco. They may not be available elsewhere as they are a Hertfordshire sausage, but they are delicious. If you spot them, give them a go.
    Hallelujah!

The Braughing is the King of the Sausage World. 

We live quite close to the village and discovered them some years ago.  The butcher (Doug White) has now moved to Newmarket, but all the local farm shops still stock Braughings.  Once you've tried them, there is no turning back.

We actually run an illicit trade with packs traversing the Herts borders on a regular basis.  In fact there is a consignment heading to my brother-in-law in Maidstone on Monday.

"You'll never take me alive, Copper!"
    Love The Fleece in Braughing, Dave.  We go there a few times a year 

Ah, The Fleece.

Streets ahead of the Axe and Compasses.

We must be neighbours?
    It certainly is!

Actually you are not far from my parents, they're in Watton at Stone. My Dad is a season ticket holder passed on the Addicktion to me.
  • WHAddick said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    WHAddick said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    We buy Braughing Sausages from Tesco. They may not be available elsewhere as they are a Hertfordshire sausage, but they are delicious. If you spot them, give them a go.
    Hallelujah!

The Braughing is the King of the Sausage World. 

We live quite close to the village and discovered them some years ago.  The butcher (Doug White) has now moved to Newmarket, but all the local farm shops still stock Braughings.  Once you've tried them, there is no turning back.

We actually run an illicit trade with packs traversing the Herts borders on a regular basis.  In fact there is a consignment heading to my brother-in-law in Maidstone on Monday.

"You'll never take me alive, Copper!"
    Love The Fleece in Braughing, Dave.  We go there a few times a year 

Ah, The Fleece.

Streets ahead of the Axe and Compasses.

We must be neighbours?
    It certainly is!

Actually you are not far from my parents, they're in Watton at Stone. My Dad is a season ticket holder passed on the Addicktion to me.
    So, you'll know the George and Dragon?

I've known George for many years ... but his wife is another story.
  • I sure do. Has really gone downhill in the last year or so. Used to be like the fleece is now of course. Have you been in the George recently? 
  • edited August 2021
    Hash browns
    beans 
    black pudding ( bury black pudding )
    white pudding ( cant beat clontakilty )
    bacon 
    sausage 
    crusty white bread 
    fried egg 
    brown sauce 
    cup of tea 

is my idea of the perfect breakfast. 
  • Hash browns have no place on a full English breakfast. Baked beans are questionable but acceptable.
    Disagree completely, absolutely love hash browns and baked beans with a full english.

Bacon, sausage, eggs, beans, hash browns, mushrooms, black pudding, 2-3 slices of toast, mug of tea/coffee.
  • Sausage, 2 bacon,2 hash browns, fried slice with 2 poached eggs on top, fried mushrooms, tinned tomatoes, black pudding and a black coffee... brown sauce for the sausages, ketchup for the rest.  Anything else is the wrong answer 
  • Sponsored links:

• Love a full English though usually I have it for my tea rather than in the morning because I don’t usually feel in the mood for food early on. Obviously I have to veganise it so use Richmond’s meat free sausages, This Isn’t Bacon bacon (made from soya protein), tinned plum tomatoes, mushrooms cooked in vegan butter, tofu scramble for the eggy part of it and beans done in the consistency of those left to fester under a heat lamp in a service station for a few hours. Three slices of whole grain toast, one slice with Marmite on. All drizzled with a bit of HP. Bloomin’ lovely.

Agreed - apart from the veggie bit!

I can eat a full English at any time of the day. As a kid we used to have it for Saturday tea - usually about the same time the classifieds were coming in and I was marking up the Daily Mirror with the results! Still do have it occasionally on a Saturday evening for a bit of nostalgia - I always refer to it as a tea/dinner as 'council house food' (as a council house boy!).
  • hermann said:
    Distance between the eggs and the beans. I may want to mix them, but I want that to be my decision. Use a sausage as a breakwater.
    A dry stone wall of mushrooms does that job just as well 
  • I love going for a full english with fussy bastards that don't like tomatoes or black pudding, pile them high on my plate chaps!
  • hermann said:
    Distance between the eggs and the beans. I may want to mix them, but I want that to be my decision. Use a sausage as a breakwater.
    Made a few notes. Yes, bacon 10/10. Button mushrooms, bingo! Black pudding snap...
  • MrOneLung said:
    Remember going to a Denny’s in Vegas for breakfast, and I ordered two sides of hash browns with it. 
    The waitress asked if I was sure and I said yes. 

Now I was expecting two hash browns like you get at McDonald’s but each one was a full plate of shredded potatoes. The waitress gave me a ‘I tried to warn you’ look as she served it to me. 
    Love the breakfast potatoes with onions and peppers you get in western states / Texas in the US
    Alright for the first 10 days..
    This is in Texas
  • They are animals the Americans 
  • Who'd have thought that CL was full of black pudding eating, wannabe proper geezers  :D
  • Few nibbles with that comment didn’t I 😂
  • Few nibbles with that comment didn’t I 😂
     :D  I'm only choking your chain, mate.
  • As with all food, people can eat whatever they want with whatever they want, but I have to pull up cafe’s that serve them manky long light skinned sausages instead of proper fat butchers ones on a full English. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Had cheeky cafe breakfast this morning in Barking. In cab home now to falconwood and its fighting the lasagne I had last night.

• Who'd have thought that CL was full of black pudding eating, wannabe proper geezers  :D
    Ecky thump.

We’re are the goodies, your lot are the bad and the ugly.

• As with all food, people can eat whatever they want with whatever they want, but I have to pull up cafe’s that serve them manky long light skinned sausages instead of proper fat butchers ones on a full English. 
    Agreed, mate. If they serve the standard breakfast sausage I'll swap it out for something else.
  • Hash browns have no place on a full English breakfast. Baked beans are questionable but acceptable.
    Disagree completely, absolutely love hash browns and baked beans with a full english.

Bacon, sausage, eggs, beans, hash browns, mushrooms, black pudding, 2-3 slices of toast, mug of tea/coffee.
    Ahhh, but my pedantry is trumping my taste buds.

I also love (proper) hash browns and baked beans, but they are part of an North American breakfast, alongside grits and links and that sort of nonsense, not an English breakfast which consists of English product (sausage, egg, bacon, mushrooms, tomato, black pudding and bread)
  • edited August 2021
    https://youtu.be/qJryfTK4UnQ Watch how a northerner does with a ginormous breakfast. I’ll translate if needs be. Forward to around the 9m15sec mark to see the monstrosity served up.
  • https://youtu.be/qJryfTK4UnQ Watch how a northerner does with a ginormous breakfast. I’ll translate if needs be.
    He's not a patch on BeardMeatsFood or Randy Santel  ;)
  • https://youtu.be/qJryfTK4UnQ Watch how a northerner does with a ginormous breakfast. I’ll translate if needs be.
    Ratemytakeaway is great.
  • Have to be honest, the eating challenges leave me a bit queasy. Eating all that food in one go is ridiculous. 

Back to breakfast though, I’ve just had a chia seed pudding with blueberries and hemp seeds. Nice.
  • Have to be honest, the eating challenges leave me a bit queasy. Eating all that food in one go is ridiculous. 

Back to breakfast though, I’ve just had a chia seed pudding with blueberries and hemp seeds. Nice.
    'C' Wing in lockdown from noon then.