Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Perfect Full English

Comments

• I like to use a sausage as a breakwater between the egg and the beans. 
    Dammit I was too late for this one, I mean I might want to mix my beans and my egg but I want that to be my decision. 

Otherwise though the tomato and mushrooms go straight in the bin for me
  • edited August 2021
    Baked beans are for mooks, lose them and the mushrooms add white pudding and a slice of haggis 
  • edited August 2021
    My mum met my dad whilst on holiday in Rimini. On that holiday, My Grandad wouldn't eat anything at all as he couldn't eat that foreign muck. They were getting worried about him and found a bar advertising an English breakfast, But he wouldn't touch any of that either as it was cooked in olive oil!!!

At a later date, my dad brought in some Italian salamis, which he kept hanging in the cellar. My grandparents lived in the basement flat and shared the cellar with us. Which was great for my sister and I who spent a lot of time with them. One day my dad went to get some salami and they had all gone. He was trying to find out what had happened to them as they were quite expensive. When my grandad heard, he said he had thrown the sausages away because they had gone mouldy! 
  • Don't forget the bottle of becks too pep one up. 
  • So Kosher... I love it all, twice !!! and special tick for the absence of coffee.
    Not yet !!!
    But later...mmmmm
  • Baked beans are for cunts, lose them and the mushrooms add white pudding and a slice of haggis 
    I never realised someone could be so angry about baked beans. 

what i like about them on a full English is not only are they one of your 5 a day but also because of the sauce it acts as a gravy for the bubble and squeak plus the black pudding or in your case white pudding and haggis. 
  • Baked beans are for cunts, lose them and the mushrooms add white pudding and a slice of haggis 
    I never realised someone could be so angry about baked beans. 

what i like about them on a full English is not only are they one of your 5 a day but also because of the sauce it acts as a gravy for the bubble and squeak plus the black pudding or in your case white pudding and haggis. 
    I literally amended it as you were posting as I realised it was a bit much for lunchtime 🤣
  • Don't forget the bottle of becks too pep one up. 
    Becks?

BECKS?
  • Great thread. The original picture looks good too, though I love a good portion of fried potatoes or bubble as well. Bloody Mary as well if it's a hangover cure. Haggis is a great addition, but can't be classed as a full English then. Amazing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Jonniesta said:
    Great thread. The original picture looks good too, though I love a good portion of fried potatoes or bubble as well. Bloody Mary as well if it's a hangover cure. Haggis is a great addition, but can't be classed as a full English then. Amazing. 
    Stick a slice of haggis in a fresh roll with bacon, AMAZING!
  • Hash browns have no place on a full English breakfast. Baked beans are questionable but acceptable.
    Each to their own of course. But a Good fry up was a staple hangover cure for me back in the day. And for a fry up to completely work it's magic I need a fair amount of carbohydrate included.
    You could I suppose say bread and butter (which I also have) fills that void, but the hash brown does compliment the English fry up so well.
  • Love an Irish one, with boxty instead of the hash brown, white pudding to go with the black pudding and toasted soda bread.
    Plus Potato bread and special baked beans (fried onions and Worcester sauce)
  • edited August 2021
    bobmunro said:
    We buy Braughing Sausages from Tesco. They may not be available elsewhere as they are a Hertfordshire sausage, but they are delicious. If you spot them, give them a go.
    Only a 75% pork content? One step up from Richmonds  ;)
    One must never compromise on the majesty of a sausage.

Only these for me https://www.clewlows.co.uk/sausage-varietys/
    Heresy!

These are 'fancy Dan' sausages ... pork, orange and cranberry?  The Devil's work.

All hail the King.

The Braughing Sausage Company
  • Dave Rudd said:
    bobmunro said:
    We buy Braughing Sausages from Tesco. They may not be available elsewhere as they are a Hertfordshire sausage, but they are delicious. If you spot them, give them a go.

Heresy!

These are 'fancy Dan' sausages ... pork, orange and carnberry?  The Devil's work.

All hail the King.

Some, not all. The pure pork is mighty fine on its own - and some of the fancy dan ones are pretty good also.
  • cafctom said:
    Love everything on there, but I’m the only person I know who can’t eat eggs in any form!
    I love eggs and ate them all the time up until about six months or so ago at which point I developed an allergy with some unpleasant side affects. Steer clear of them now which I am not happy about but it's not worth the risk. A full English isn't the same now without an egg or two.
  • bobmunro said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    bobmunro said:

Heresy!

These are 'fancy Dan' sausages ... pork, orange and carnberry?  The Devil's work.

All hail the King.

Some, not all. The pure pork is mighty fine on its own - and some of the fancy dan ones are pretty good also.
    We need a Sausage Off, @bobmunro.

I will happily throw myself to the mercy of the wonderful Boys and Girls of Charlton Life.

Let's use this season wisely ... please, friends and acquaintances ... get your online orders in via the website links that Bob and I have provided and let us know your verdict.

Overall summary after the Ipswich (A) game in April?

COYB
  • cafctom said:
    Love everything on there, but I’m the only person I know who can’t eat eggs in any form!
    I love eggs and ate them all the time up until about six months or so ago at which point I developed an allergy with some unpleasant side affects. Steer clear of them now which I am not happy about but it's not worth the risk. A full English isn't the same now without an egg or two
    Cigar Enthusiasts - The General Nonsense Forum - The Pie Shop
  • I like pretty much all those ingredients, would never have them all at once.

There are some absolute no-no's if the meal is to be a Full English
    baked beans? get out of town they're American.  Same goes for hash brown FFS that's modern processed american dross.
    white pudding? that's Irish or Scottish, delicious but not English.
    Have any or all of those but if you do it ain't an English Breakfast.  That should have regional protected status like Cornish Pasties.

Your choice of eggs, potatoes, tomatoes is fine.  Grilling or frying components is also immaterial.

Just realised the quoted article is worthless crap cos there's no mention of bubble!  Hash browns but no bubble?  Hysterical.  That's the insidious influence of american fast food corporations and their catalogue of moody ingredients.

FWIW a hearty English Breakfast would comprise bacon, egg(s), mushroom, tomato (preferably tinned), black pudding, bubble and toast if I'm proper hungry.  All washed down with big mugs of strong tea
  • edited August 2021
    Dave Rudd said:
    bobmunro said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    bobmunro said:

Heresy!

All hail the King.

I will happily throw myself to the mercy of the wonderful Boys and Girls of Charlton Life.

Let's use this season wisely ... please, friends and acquaintances ... get your online orders in via the website links that Bob and I have provided and let us know your verdict.

COYB
    The issue I have with Braughing is that they have a max pork content of 75%, and that's their 'Extra Pork', range. Their standard banger is only 65% pork.

Bangers need to have an absolute minimum of 85%, preferably 90%, in my honest one of course. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Billy_Mix said:
    I like pretty much all those ingredients, would never have them all at once.

There are some absolute no-no's if the meal is to be a Full English
    baked beans? get out of town they're American.  Same goes for hash brown FFS that's modern processed american dross.
    white pudding? that's Irish or Scottish, delicious but not English.
    Have any or all of those but if you do it ain't an English Breakfast.  That should have regional protected status like Cornish Pasties.

Your choice of eggs, potatoes, tomatoes is fine.  Grilling or frying components is also immaterial.

Just realised the quoted article is worthless crap cos there's no mention of bubble!  Hash browns but no bubble?  Hysterical.  That's the insidious influence of american fast food corporations and their catalogue of moody ingredients.

FWIW a hearty English Breakfast would comprise bacon, egg(s), mushroom, tomato (preferably tinned), black pudding, bubble and toast if I'm proper hungry.  All washed down with big mugs of strong tea
    Interesting - no bangers (or fried slice)?
  • Dave Rudd said:
    bobmunro said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    bobmunro said:

Heresy!

All hail the King.

COYB

• edited August 2021
    Everything on that plate minus the tomatoe with a healthy serving of brown sauce 😋
  • Everything on that plate minus the tomatoe with a healthy serving of brown sauce 😋
    Nooooooo!

Brown or ketchup, the latter definitely the work of the Devil, have no place on a Full English. 
  • bobmunro said:
    Everything on that plate minus the tomatoe with a healthy serving of brown sauce 😋
    Nooooooo!

Brown or ketchup, the latter definitely the work of the Devil, have no place on a Full English. 
    I'm with you on the Pie n Mash debate mate.....but you've gone too far this time.
  • bobmunro said:
    Nooooooo!

Used to always have brown sauce. Now don't have any sauce at all. Just black pepper and a sprinkle of salt on the eggs.

Red sauce is a definite no-no.
  • bobmunro said:
    Nooooooo!

I'm with you on the Pie n Mash debate mate.....but you've gone too far this time.
    Hear hear. Pie and mash is toilet and completely agree with Mr Munro on that one but come on. You got to have a bit of dippage sauce on your fry up other than bean juice.
  • bobmunro said:
    Nooooooo!

Hear hear. Pie and mash is toilet and completely agree with Mr Munro on that one but come on. You got to have a bit of dippage sauce on your fry up other than bean juice.
    Dippage is provided by the eggs!
  • bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    Nooooooo!

Dippage is provided by the eggs!
    Also the residual oil left by the mushrooms.
  • Brown sauce like Worcestershire sauce is a part of English cuisine and is very acceptable to have with an English breakfast.