Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Perfect Full English

Comments

• This has made me realise I haven't had a full English since before Lockdown 1. Need to rectify that soon. A posh one at Hawksmoor or a classic greasy spoon one at the Regency...?
  • lolwray said:
    Ffs hash browns !!! ..No 
    Mushrooms and tomatoes...  No 

Double sausage,triple bacon, fried egg,black pudding,fried slice(2 if you want) 

Bread and butter (white bread )

2 big mugs of tea 

Alternative 

Stewed kidneys on at least 2 slices of fried  bread with as much bread and butter as you want plus tea as above 

All of you this is the law,the 11th commandment any wrongdoers are sentenced to a life of special k and muesli 

Stewed kidney?!. WTF is wrong with you?!
  • My full English is; toast and sometimes with beans.  
    I’m a veggie but you lot, after this weeks UN climate report, will have to join us smug bunch rather sooner than you may wish.
    I’m a veggie but you lot, after this weeks UN climate report, will have to join us smug bunch rather sooner than you may wish.
    No, we'll just eat more fish
  • We never have a fry up at home. The pleasure of a full English is reserved for hotels.
  • IdleHans said:
    My full English is; toast and sometimes with beans.  
    No, we'll just eat more fish
    Fish will be off the breakfast menu due to not quite taking back control. 
    Unless you develop a taste for stickleback.
  • anyone like a bit if kedgeree for breakfast?

Had to google what it was. Now I like fish, eggs and curry as much as the next person…but for breakfast???
  • Dave Rudd said:
    We buy Braughing Sausages from Tesco. They may not be available elsewhere as they are a Hertfordshire sausage, but they are delicious. If you spot them, give them a go.
    Hallelujah!

The Braughing is the King of the Sausage World. 

We live quite close to the village and discovered them some years ago.  The butcher (Doug White) has now moved to Newmarket, but all the local farm shops still stock Braughings.  Once you've tried them, there is no turning back.

We actually run an illicit trade with packs traversing the Herts borders on a regular basis.  In fact there is a consignment heading to my brother-in-law in Maidstone on Monday.

"You'll never take me alive, Copper!"
    Love The Fleece in Braughing, Dave.  We go there a few times a year 

• Sponsored links:

• Fussy eater 

mine would be:

double sausage 
    double bacon 
    Hash browns
    Beans
    Toast

• I have had Kedgeree once and it was quite nice.
    Had to google what it was. Now I like fish, eggs and curry as much as the next person…but for breakfast???
    Give it a go - a bit of a revelation...
  • Had never ever heard of kedgeree until I see it on this thread.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Remember going to a Denny’s in Vegas for breakfast, and I ordered two sides of hash browns with it. 
    The waitress asked if I was sure and I said yes. 

Now I was expecting two hash browns like you get at McDonald’s but each one was a full plate of shredded potatoes. The waitress gave me a ‘I tried to warn you’ look as she served it to me. 
    Love the breakfast potatoes with onions and peppers you get in western states / Texas in the US
  • Yea I remember wondering what the grated potatoe was on my plate in Florida many years ago. One thing I could add to my full english that the Americans do is corn beef hash.

I'll never forget having my breakfast in the bellagio at 8.30 am and watching some chap next to me pouring maple syrup over his fried chicken legs. Strange.
  • lolwray said:
    Ffs hash browns !!! ..No 
    Mushrooms and tomatoes...  No 

Double sausage,triple bacon, fried egg,black pudding,fried slice(2 if you want) 

Bread and butter (white bread )

2 big mugs of tea 

Alternative 

Stewed kidneys on at least 2 slices of fried  bread with as much bread and butter as you want plus tea as above 

All of you this is the law,the 11th commandment any wrongdoers are sentenced to a life of special k and muesli 

Stewed kidney?!. WTF is wrong with you?!
    Nothing old chum..try it and thou shalt be converted 
  • Egg, bacon, sausage, black pudding,fried slice, burger, onions hash browns tin tomatoes. 2 slices bread and butter, black tea 2 sugars and can of coke.
  • Yea I remember wondering what the grated potatoe was on my plate in Florida many years ago. One thing I could add to my full english that the Americans do is corn beef hash.

I'll never forget having my breakfast in the bellagio at 8.30 am and watching some chap next to me pouring maple syrup over his fried chicken legs. Strange.
    Not as classy as The Bellagio, but the only decent breakfast in New York New York was the 24 hour Chinese. The full on spare rib / sweet and sour pork ball / egg fried rice breakfast experience was remarkably enjoyable.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    WHAddick said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    We buy Braughing Sausages from Tesco. They may not be available elsewhere as they are a Hertfordshire sausage, but they are delicious. If you spot them, give them a go.
    Hallelujah!

The Braughing is the King of the Sausage World. 

We live quite close to the village and discovered them some years ago.  The butcher (Doug White) has now moved to Newmarket, but all the local farm shops still stock Braughings.  Once you've tried them, there is no turning back.

We actually run an illicit trade with packs traversing the Herts borders on a regular basis.  In fact there is a consignment heading to my brother-in-law in Maidstone on Monday.

"You'll never take me alive, Copper!"
    Love The Fleece in Braughing, Dave.  We go there a few times a year 

Ah, The Fleece.

Streets ahead of the Axe and Compasses.

We must be neighbours?
  • Full English requires the following:

All meat from the local butcher, with pork from farms within 10 miles of shop.

Fried using lard, no oil allowed.

Lincolnshire sausage x2
    Dry cure shortback bacon x2
    Free Range fried eggs x2
    Local butchers black pudding.
    2 slices of white bread from village bakery. 1 toasted spread with hand churned butter, 1 slice fried.
    Grilled tomatoes
    Fried Mushrooms
    Bubble and squeak
    Cup of Darjeeling, with raw milk no sugar.

Any supermarket sausages are rubbish, no matter what the packet says.

• Love a full English though usually I have it for my tea rather than in the morning because I don’t usually feel in the mood for food early on. Obviously I have to veganise it so use Richmond’s meat free sausages, This Isn’t Bacon bacon (made from soya protein), tinned plum tomatoes, mushrooms cooked in vegan butter, tofu scramble for the eggy part of it and beans done in the consistency of those left to fester under a heat lamp in a service station for a few hours. Three slices of whole grain toast, one slice with Marmite on. All drizzled with a bit of HP. Bloomin’ lovely.
    Can you stop with this Tea lark.
    Its Dinner
  • Egg, sausage bacon, tinned tomatoes and CHIPS
  • clb74 said:
    Love a full English though usually I have it for my tea rather than in the morning because I don’t usually feel in the mood for food early on. Obviously I have to veganise it so use Richmond’s meat free sausages, This Isn’t Bacon bacon (made from soya protein), tinned plum tomatoes, mushrooms cooked in vegan butter, tofu scramble for the eggy part of it and beans done in the consistency of those left to fester under a heat lamp in a service station for a few hours. Three slices of whole grain toast, one slice with Marmite on. All drizzled with a bit of HP. Bloomin’ lovely.
    Its Dinner

No, it goes breakfast, dinner, tea. That’s just the way it is.

• Why do you think they’re called dinner ladies?
  • clb74 said:
    Love a full English though usually I have it for my tea rather than in the morning because I don’t usually feel in the mood for food early on. Obviously I have to veganise it so use Richmond’s meat free sausages, This Isn’t Bacon bacon (made from soya protein), tinned plum tomatoes, mushrooms cooked in vegan butter, tofu scramble for the eggy part of it and beans done in the consistency of those left to fester under a heat lamp in a service station for a few hours. Three slices of whole grain toast, one slice with Marmite on. All drizzled with a bit of HP. Bloomin’ lovely.
    Its Dinner

Breakfast, lunch, dinner, except on a Sunday, when it breakfast, dinner and tea.

Regional variations are fascinating...
  • clb74 said:
    Its Dinner

Alright Addickbeenupnorth to long
  • clb74 said:
    Its Dinner

Breakfast, lunch, dinner, except on a Sunday, when it breakfast, dinner and tea.

Regional variations are fascinating...

Lunch and dinner is the same thing, it just depends whether your class is middle or working.