Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-match thread: Charlton Athletic vs Sheff Wed - 07/08/21

edited August 2021 in General Charlton
A point a piece and a solid, if not exciting, clean-sheet performance.

Will we grow into the season?

Over to you.

Comments

• Lacked quality, we don't have the personnel to play the way Adkins prefers....simple really. 4.30am, Im off to bed.
  • Need reinforcements without doubt. Pleased with how we upped the tempo second half
  • Sponsored links:

• The spine is sorted. From MacGilvray to Famewo and Inniss at CB to Dobson and Clare in the middle to Stockley up top. Once a team has that it's all about filling the gaps and taking TS at his pre match word, I'm sure we will.
  • Expected a loss tbh so happy with a point. Stockley, Clare and DJ all did very well.
  • edited August 2021
    Based on the personnel we currently have that’s a great result. As expected defensively looking solid - Kirk on Monday please followed by another 3 or 4 top (by league one standard) attacking players and we can look to kick on.
  • Sponsored links:

• ct_addick said:
    Everyone on here rates Morgan but I never have....no composure whatsoever....2 glaring chances executed with poor technique.....runs around like a chicken with no head...
    compare him to a proper #10 in Bannon ...we need an upgrade there
    TBF Bannan is more of a deep lying midfielder and he didn't hit the target with a much easier chance, albeit after good work. 
  • Vincenzo said:
    Can’t say I noticed Bannon being more impressive than Morgan. Yes, two poor shots but several excellent crosses. 

Lots of room for improvement but a solid defence, completely untroubled. 

Liked Stockley and Clare. DJ clearly has his good and bad moments, but is promising. Do we really need to point out it’s a marathon not a sprint?
    This bar Bannons run at the end.
  • It was a dire game but a few positives to take and something to build on. Team looks decent enough, just need to fill the squad and should be ok. Midfield three all looked ok and I feel could become a decent unit. Defence solid and Stockley immense. 

I think we are in a tricky situation up top. Stockley is so important you have to be concerned about his cover if he were to be out. But then attracting someone to come and play back up isn't going to be easy. 
  • League one game. Very route one. Not terrible but not great. Hope we make some signings as we need to if we have any intention of realistically challenging for promotion.
  • Cagey and stop start. Conditions not great but positives are a point and clean sheet. Stockley I thought was mom and deservedly so. Need to strengthen the squad to challenge this season. I thought we edged it but draw fair result
  • Better second half. Solid enough in defence. New signings looked good.

Just can’t see where the goals are coming from unfortunately. Can’t keep playing everyone for 90 minutes. Need a bench you can trust. 

SW were for the taking.
  • edited August 2021
    Not enough goals in the team. Other than that, defence was solid and we edged the game. Terrible watch that it was. Still early but I have said about Morgan, I am not digging him out because he missed a couple of half chances today, it is just he misses them all the time, one after another. It is either a lack of confidence or composure or both but we need to inject some goals in that side somewhere.