Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tokyo Olympics

Comments

• Options
    The skateboarding is really slow and they just skid along a rail for a bit. Can’t get on with it at all.
  • Options
    The kids down the local skatepark seem just as talented 
  • Options
    loving the skateboarding. hard to mark the tricks though. 
    Did you see the bloke that mashed his Jacobs? 😂
  • Options
    We have a 13 year girl in the women’s skateboarding- Sky Brown. 

Actually qualified last year when 12 
  • Options
    Skateoarding as an Olympic sport??

What a load of woke nonsense!!

God I'm getting old
    Will hazard a guess more people skateboard than row, windsurf, sail etc 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Well done the Austrian woman in the cycling. Broke away at start and held on for the whole race 
    Absolutely incredible ride, she hasn't even had a pro team since 2017 I think. 

To win in the way she did by being in the break from the gun and then going solo from it is very rare in itself, but to do it against the names she was racing against with no team support is unheard of. 

I do not think it would be a stretch to say Anna Kiesenhofer's win today was one of the biggest upsets in cycling history, there aren't enough superlatives to describe it! 

Absolutely superb, but I think it's the kind of thing that the Olympic road race encourages - many of the best cyclists seeming to have difficulty without their usual teams/radio support.

Without a doubt a stunning ride, deserving of every plaudit.
  • Options
    loving the skateboarding. hard to mark the tricks though. 
    I’ve long been of the opinion that any sport that requires a panel of judges to decide the winner has no place in the Olympics. 
    Better not say that out loud around any neighbours when Simone Biles is competing...
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Thought was funny the Dutch girl who got silver thought she had won and didnt realise the other girl had a finished a minute ahead of her 
    Made sense as to why the commentators were stumped by the Dutch tactics, they must of completely forgot about her.
  • Options
    Too many shit sports now, Im waiting for 40-40 to be introduced.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Well done the Austrian woman in the cycling. Broke away at start and held on for the whole race 
    Absolutely incredible ride, she hasn't even had a pro team since 2017 I think. 

To win in the way she did by being in the break from the gun and then going solo from it is very rare in itself, but to do it against the names she was racing against with no team support is unheard of. 

I do not think it would be a stretch to say Anna Kiesenhofer's win today was one of the biggest upsets in cycling history, there aren't enough superlatives to describe it! 

Absolutely superb, but I think it's the kind of thing that the Olympic road race encourages - many of the best cyclists seeming to have difficulty without their usual teams/radio support.

Without a doubt a stunning ride, deserving of every plaudit.
    Not sure the top 3 from the tour were the top 3 in the Olympics and two of them will be favourites for the time trial as well.

It was a remarkable feat, in fact even more so given the above. 
  • Options
    Jade Jones gets knocked out in the 1st round.
    Gutted for her but two Olympic golds is still incredible.

• Options
    Hal1x said:
    Too many shit sports now, Im waiting for 40-40 to be introduced.
    40 40 I see Hal1x, 1 2 3 and out 
  • Options
    Safe 
  • Options
    Triathlon currently on, a lot of respect for these athletes. I'd love Jonny to grab the gold after two podium finishes. Alistair didn't make it, Alex Yee is the second British competitor. 
  • Options
    Triathlon well placed to be an exciting finish here.
  • Options
    Triathlon well placed to be an exciting finish here.
    Looking good for our guys, be gobsmacked if we don't win one medal, not sure Jonny can catch up with the top 3, famously doesn't manage heat that well. 
  • Options
    Silver for Alex Yee. Brownlee finishes 5th.
  • Options
    Yee looked fine. The Norwegian needed medical attention, Yee looked like he'd just run for the bus. I'm sure he didn't have much else to give though, superb silver in only his 9th race. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who is this muppet presenting on BBC?

Cant string a sentence together 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Was thinking the same!
  • Options
    Yee had barely broken into a sweat, extraordinary fella.  Was gutted for Johnnie who I would have loved to see win gold but fair play to the Norwegian who has such a different physique to most triathletes I thought.
  • Options
    Skateoarding as an Olympic sport??

What a load of woke nonsense!!

God I'm getting old

There are arguments for and against skateboarding's inclusion, as is the case with many sports at the Olympics, and I can understand why some people would view it as nonsense. What I'm not sure about is why you describe it as woke nonsense? I can't really see how that term applies here.
  • Options
    Put skateboarding in the same bracket as surfing perhaps?
  • Options
    Put skateboarding in the same bracket as surfing perhaps?
    Is that the turn over to another channel bracket?
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/k0uqTibRxt4

I don’t recall a worse keeper performance.
    The Kiwi keeper was involved in all three goals and can really be blamed for the 3-2 loss to Honduras.

0:25 1-1
    0:40 2-2
    0:50 3-2
  • Options
    I agree Danepak.  That second Honduras goal when the keeper took a hopeful hack at the ball instead of diving at his feet was the worst goalkeeping I can remember - real Sunday afternoon social stuff.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Was thinking the same!
    JJ Chalmers?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Adam Peaty effing Brilliant and Golden boy again as he became the first GB swimmer to ever defend their title. He won the first GB gold in Rio and again in Tokyo.