Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tokyo Olympics

Comments

• edited July 2021
    follett said:
    Wife got a discovery + membership last month for all the reality junk they put on there. Was very pleasantly surprised the other day to see I've got all the Olympic events at my fingertips. It's worth noting if you've got SkyQ you can get discovery+ free for 6 months
    Trouble is the coverage is seriously crap. The studio seems to be computer generated, unfortunately on a Commodore  64.
  • Williams gets silver in the Taekwondo
  • It's never over until its over in Taekwondo 
  • I thought she had that.
  • Another GB fighter winning with less than 10 seconds to go ends up losing.

Still a decent silver.
  • At least she seems happy. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Lutalo Muhammad has an unexpectedly gentle voice
    Really like his input 
    Agreed, he seems like a natural pundit/presenter
  • Sponsored links:

• Put skateboarding in the same bracket as surfing perhaps?
    Show jumping with wheels. 
  • I must be watching someone else. He seems like a really nice guy but I find him really struggling to get his words out and his point across. Perhaps it’s nerves but he’s got something of the Alex Scott school of cliches about him.
  • I must be watching someone else. He seems like a really nice guy but I find him really struggling to get his words out and his point across. Perhaps it’s nerves but he’s got something of the Alex Scott school of cliches about him.
    I agree, he definitely doesn't look a natural. Seems like a genuinely nice guy and very knowledgeable though. I can't imagine him in a wider presenter role but think someone like him is very welcome as a guest on the respective sports. 
  • I don't like the presenters congratulating each other on the coverage as I saw today. I think Dan Walker and Sam Queck are ok. Heather Irvine is rubbish. A big problem overall with the coverage is that BBC are only allowed to show two sports at a time in their contract. I preferred the days when you could red button what was of interest to you. It was enjoyable watching the diving then the mountain bike race this morning for obvious reasons. 

• Yorkshire up to 8th, they did a little graphic on the evening news 💪💪

That doesnt even include the ringer in the triathlon. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Yorkshire up to 8th, they did a little graphic on the evening news 💪💪

Athletes born in Yorkshire…funded by London!
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Yorkshire up to 8th, they did a little graphic on the evening news 💪💪

Athletes born in Yorkshire…funded by London!
    We have scratch cards up here you know :p
  • With lottery funding, and as long as the body holds up and you haven't started declining, I can see why successful Olympic competitors want to keep continuing now

And with the Olympic cycle, it's not as if you can't have a year off to do different things before knuckling down again.

• This was Rio wasn’t it ?
  • Triathlon (well any long distance event really). Can't understand how the back markers get the motivation to carry on. After about 20 mins you know you aren't going to win, but you have to continue with a 20k bike ride & then a 10k run. Is it for a PB or just the taking part  ?
  • Triathlon (well any long distance event really). Can't understand how the back markers get the motivation to carry on. After about 20 mins you know you aren't going to win, but you have to continue with a 20k bike ride & then a 10k run. Is it for a PB or just the taking part  ?
    I guess it's the same in lots of sports (including golf?). I doubt many football teams star the season thinking there's a chance they'll win the league
  • There’s a new triathlon event (to the Olympics) on Friday - a relay involving Female, Male, Female, Male legs over shorter distances.
  • Bermuda storms to victory in the women’s triathlon! That one gold medal by my calculations makes us fourth top per capita in total gold medals since the games began! ;-)
  • edited July 2021
    I've never been a rugby fan, but I thought the rugby 7s was fantastic.
  • LoOkOuT said:
    Bermuda storms to victory in the women’s triathlon! That one gold medal by my calculations makes us fourth top per capita in total gold medals since the games began! ;-)
    Go Flora!! An incredible performance.