Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tokyo Olympics

Comments

• Options
    Adam Peaty effing Brilliant and Golden boy again as he became the first GB swimmer to ever defend their title. He won the first GB gold in Rio and again in Tokyo.
    Crazy record. Now has the 17 fastest 100m breast stroke times in history. The man has been pretty much racing against himself for years, no one can even get close to him.
  • Options
    Fantastic, well done lads! 
  • Options
    So pleased for Daley, pressure at a young age and finally an Olympic Champion. Superb round of diving, not that I'm an expert. 
  • Options
    Looks an epic mountain bike course

on verge of another gold 
  • Options
    Get in Tom Pidcock. 
  • Options
    Great ride from Pidcock.
  • Options
    We’re drowning in golds this morning!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Knackering just watching Tom Pidcock going around that course.

Great stuff today with that last dive from Daley and Lee immaculate. Imagine the pressure they're under to do that.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Lauren Williams now into the Taekwondo final, decent day...
  • Options
    Amazing start to the day! Bring it on 
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Too many shit sports now, Im waiting for 40-40 to be introduced.
    40 40 I see Hal1x, 1 2 3 and out 
    how does that work?, and I seem to remember one with a tin can.
  • Options
    now it's underway I am enjoying what little I have seen .. the Triathlon, surely the hardest won medals .. the events so far have been those where the missing crowds are not really obvious .. it'll be different when the athletics start and the lack of spectator atmosphere will really show.
  • Options
    Is it too early for the "if Yorkshire was a country" stuff 😂😂

We will run out of letter boxes again :p
  • Options
    Three brilliant golds! 
    And quite a silver for Alex Yee - Lewisham lad - any chance he's an Addick? Probably outpaced a few on here in the local park run.
  • Options
    Three brilliant golds! 
    And quite a silver for Alex Yee - Lewisham lad - any chance he's an Addick? Probably outpaced a few on here in the local park run.
    Lives in Leeds so we are claiming him :p
  • Options
    Having heard God Save the Queen 3 times this morning, I don't like the arrangement used!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having heard God Save the Queen 3 times this morning, I don't like the arrangement used!
    Its like they are using the KTel version

• Options
    I hadn't realised that the BBC can only show two events at the same time (even on the red button) because Eurosports outbid them for the rights.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    I hadn't realised that the BBC can only show two events at the same time (even on the red button) because Eurosports outbid them for the rights.
    Discovery bought the world wide rights, we are lucky it's on Eurosport else it would all be on discovery+
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    It was Discovery who I believe bought Eurosport a few years ago but yes that is the reason. I can't criticise BBC over it though, Discovery are huge. 
  • Options
    Discovery bought the rights for all of Europe, thought with the agreement that there would be some free to air coverage in every country

If the time zone had been more favourable I might have bought a Discovery + subscription, only £6.99 for a month, and they have a promo £29.99 annual deal

https://promo.discoveryplus.co.uk/promo/all-sports/discoveryplus-home-of-the-olympics?snb=2&utm_term=discovery+&gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=CjwKCAjwuvmHBhAxEiwAWAYj-HtK7RQ5rtuYWlMB8sqIhBrLnTlF6373MQygzWwFR1HVJNnHDbo_cxoC_XEQAvD_BwE
  • Options
    Wife got a discovery + membership last month for all the reality junk they put on there. Was very pleasantly surprised the other day to see I've got all the Olympic events at my fingertips. It's worth noting if you've got SkyQ you can get discovery+ free for 6 months
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Skateoarding as an Olympic sport??

What a load of woke nonsense!!

God I'm getting old
    Will hazard a guess more people skateboard than row, windsurf, sail etc 
    And I'd hazard a guess that a 470 or a 49er are slightly more expensive than an Element or a Plan B skateboard.

More people play cricket or go fishing than skateboard. 
  • Options
    Well done Alex Yee.

And well done the winner, a Norwegian looking for all the world like a bloke running down the road in his faded blue pants.
    Alex Yee is a Lewisham boy too - I had to look it up when he said he was from South East London
  • Options
    Fantastic to wake up to two more gold medals for Team GB. Over the moon for Tom Daley!