Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tokyo Olympics

Comments

• Jesus this opening ceremony is boring

Watched the 15 minute highlights past midnight and enjoyed the artistic choreography.
  • Poor in the rowing eights. Commentators thought the British men had it sewn up before the race. No. Last! Women even worse, finishing several seconds behind the other three. Two Brits fallen off in the cycling! Not the best start for Team GB.
    We have a lot of debutants in the rowing and most have had very little practice due to restrictions. 
  • Friends daughter kayak’d for the wrong team/coaches and wasn’t picked for the elite squad stuff , came second in the National trials and they didn’t pick her , the National coaches favourites were picked etc , this was nearly a couple of years back and crushed her and she gave it up for a bit and suffered insecurity and depression , poor girl … now through it all and in a better place 

her younger brother is doing well now and steering clear of the moody coaches 

I suppose its who you know who is more important  , sad but twas ever thus 
  • These road cyclists are machines. The humidity seems unbearable. Not usually a fan of road cycling but really got into this.
  • Beaten by the Mexican’s in the Archery. Whatever the sport always disappointed when GB don’t win. 
  • These road cyclists are machines. The humidity seems unbearable. Not usually a fan of road cycling but really got into this.
    This is fascinating to watch. 16 degree climb after 5.5 hours of racing, it’s tiring watching it. Cmon Adam Yates!
    Pogacar is most likely full of some sort of "machine oil".
  • A personal beef, but couldn't the Japanese have found a proper Japanese Olympian to light the flame? Osaka has never competed in the Olympics, and tennis is hardly an iconic Olympic sport, but rather one shoehorned in. It would be like us having Andy Murray lighting the flame in 2012 or (if Golf had been admitted 20 years earlier) Nick Faldo!

Plus she's lived in the US since she was 3.
    I can see why she was chosen given her fame and popularity but i agree it would've probably been better to give it to someone who is ultimately an amateur rather than a multi millionaire who is the world's highest earning female tennis player.
  • Shame Yates couldnt hold on with that sprint... to be fair Carapaz | Pogacar | van Aert probably deserved it after their Tour de France
  • Sponsored links:

• Happy for Carapaz, seems like a really nice guy.
  • I've been to that part of Japan at this time of year and know how hot and humid it is. The stamina of these cyclists is amazing.
  • I have zero interest in cycling, but found that really entertaining. 

Incredible athletes 
  • Such a shame there were no spectators for the opening ceremony, leaving it all a bit flat.
    I have such fond memories of that amazing opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics and still show it to my daughter as a brilliant British history and culture lesson!
  • Great header by Ellen White
  • That Brozen has very good delivery. 
  • edited July 2021
    Why is 3x3 Basketball in the Olympics? We already have Basketball.

Just watched a game on BBC, it’s shit. Players missing easy lay ups and no dunks. Terriblre.
  • Agree was pointless crap 

rowing on now, always like that in the olympics 
  • Why is 3x3 Basketball in the Olympics? We already have Basketball.

Just watched a game on BBC, it’s shit. Players missing easy lay ups and no dunks. Terriblre.
    I was wrong, the skateboarding is the worst sport. Even the commentators are struggling. What a load of shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• It is funny how sports develop. I mean, I am watching synchronised diving and am wondering how we got to that. 
  • The rowing sent me to sleep this afternoon
  • The question at the back of my mind is, are we going back to being the 'just happy to compete Great Britain'?
  • The question at the back of my mind is, are we going back to being the 'just happy to compete Great Britain'?
    Very early days yet Mutts to be saying that, but if we're not picking up medals in rowing and track cycling then something's maybe not going 100% right.

I think overall these games will be a bit of an outlier in terms of some results. 
  • John Rahm withdraws from Olympics after positive Covid test. He’s tested positive twice in a couple of months. 
  • Well done the Austrian woman in the cycling. Broke away at start and held on for the whole race 
  • GB now guaranteed at least a silver in that pub brawl, head kicking thing. 
  • Jade Jones gets knocked out in the 1st round.