Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tokyo Olympics

Comments

• Options
    44 matches undefeated comes to an end for the US of A. The Swedes gave them a seeing too, 3-0.

Huddersfield's unbeaten run Is still in the Guinness book of records; Lee Clarke breathes a sigh of relief.
  • Options
    Must admit I don’t watch a lot of women’s football but was impressed with the technical ability of GB players. Passing was crisp and very good movement off the ball. Very impressed with the Scottish player Little in midfield, like a female Fabregas the way she looks about when receiving the ball. Just once again the goalkeeping standard let down the game, Chile goalie was shocking.

Pleased you saw that ! First half was good crisp passing with the midfield 3 pulling the strings: Little, Weir and Walsh. 2nd half, in control and Bronze her normal powerhouse display as a right wingback.

Casey Stoney was not only a top footballer  but she is a top coach and I like her analysis on kim Little when she said she scans  constantly. White has gone from running the flanks to being a central striker in last couple of years.

The Chile keeper was superb last time I watched her but she was poor today. Mega bags under her eyes, may be allergic to Japanese pine AKA Acers.

Monty Don for CL, in Japan.
    School person error, the Chile keeper should have acclimatised herself with a bonsai acer  (CL’s Northern correspondent AKA Titmarsh) 😉. 
  • Options
    Should it be team GB & NI?
  • Options

Yes, that is the full name GB & NI.
    As you know Guinness, the UK at the moment is Scotland, Wales, NI and little old England. For how much longer is up for debate  :#
  • Options
    NI athletes can represent either GB or Ireland.  There are 30 athletes with a pretty even split between the 2.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    In football today, Zambia’s captain scored a hattrick in there game, unfortunately Netherlands scored 10 goals. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    NI athletes can represent either GB or Ireland.  There are 30 athletes with a pretty even split between the 2.
    Apparently Team GB is a brand name. The team is GB & NI.
  • Options
    Don't know if it's already been posted, but amazon prime are showing some of the events. At 8.45 its Mexico vs France at football, the 12.15 its Brazil vs Germany. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    se9addick said:
    In other news... Brisbane has been awarded the 2032 Olympic Games

Means they'll follow Paris (2024) and Los Angeles (2028)
    Christ, I’ll be 47 when those Brisbane games come around (probably too old to make the team!).
    Yeah I'll be 49 come 2032!! 

A fellow 1983 baby? What month?
    October here
    September here!
  • Options
    It’s July where I am…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bit of an upset with NZ beating South Korea 1-0

• Options
    edited July 2021
    That Spanish team is unbelievably talented and yet can’t score against Egypt.

Starting line up has Olmo, Oyarzabal, Asensio, Pedri, Merino, Ceballos, Torres, Garcia, Simon. Half of those lot just took Spain to the semis of Euro 2020. 

Only the full backs don’t make me sit up and take notice.
  • Options
    Just looking forward to the track cycling. Absolutely love that shit. Hope it’s not ruined by no crowds.
  • Options
    Just looking forward to the track cycling. Absolutely love that shit. Hope it’s not ruined by no crowds.
    Me too, that and the rowing I always find fun to watch.

Don't know why, I've always had a soft spot for Laura Kenny (Trott)
  • Options

They have competetive arguing?
  • Options

Unfortunately the track cycling doesn’t start until 02/08.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I like Golf and Tennis but never been a fan of these sports being in the Olympics.
     Enjoy the Athletics, Swimming, Cycling, Rowing, Sailing, Volleyball and ever since watching a few matches on the sands of Weymouth, female beach volleyball which has a certain aesthetic quality.
  • Options

Unfortunately the track cycling doesn’t start until 02/08.
    But Jason Kenny, after doing bugger all for 5 years, will probably win at least one gold medal.  These round wheels are really something else. 
  • Options
    Thought this was a bit harsh.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    US women’s team getting a lot of stick for kneeling during their anthem and not before the kick off. 3 of their players stood up.
    From whom?  There are a lot of right-wingers in the US who hate the USWNT and make up lies about them.  They'd give them stick if they came on the field in Just Say No shirts.

• Options
    What’s with the butchers leading the countries out?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Even the opening ceremony has showed that the Olympics really won't be the same without spectators, what a shame.
  • Options
    Watched the first 15 minutes of the opening ceremony and had to go away😰 It was like a funeral in a horror film. Many people are saying similar things on Chinese social media. 
  • Options
    It’s all a bit pointless this
  • Options
    This is why there’s normally one flag bearer, it’s fucking awkward two people carrying one flag!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Why did they skip from A to I? 

Surely that many countries haven’t dropped out!
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Why did they skip from A to I? 

Surely that many countries haven’t dropped out!
    Who was the I?
  • Options
    Y'all heard the story behind the outbreak of positive tests in the Czech Olympic camp? Possibly not, as for some reason UK media isn't running it yet.
    The massive level of arrogant Covidiotry behind it would be funny if it were not for the ruined careers and dreams of several young athletes it has caused