Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Dobson - Hungarians say transfer on hold til the summer (p61)

1116117118119120122»

Comments

• Options
    Wonder if we will ever hear anything from Dobbo, surely someone like Rich Cawley will try to get an interview with him.
  • Options
    edited May 22
    I'd just about begun to get over losin' our ex cap'n Dobbo...
    This thread either needs closing or renaming, cos there is life after Dobson, and we need to move on somewhat...

• Options
    Any news about him? Last I recall, Fehervar are back in training around now, but we had apparently refused to let hîm go until his contract expires on July 1. I can only see the point in such behaviour if we retain some scenario where we persuade him to stay.
  • Options
    He’s on holiday at the moment 
  • Options
    Any news about him? Last I recall, Fehervar are back in training around now, but we had apparently refused to let hîm go until his contract expires on July 1. I can only see the point in such behaviour if we retain some scenario where we persuade him to stay.
    I mean it's petty but we're paying his wages for the next 12 days
  • Options
     It would be a real shame if we’ve actually been that petty. 
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Usually most of the clubs let the players start a pre season with player's next team. For example, we also signed a free agent, and he start the medical with us, he also have a valid contract to end of this month with his previous team.

It only need a writen permisson to start pre season from his previos team.

As I saw we also intrested on more player from UK:
    https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/gillingham-fc-brad-galinson-dom-jefferies-future-millwall-circle/
  • Options
    edited June 18
     It would be a real shame if we’ve actually been that petty. 
    No idea but perhaps the insurance that Charlton have for Dobson doesn’t provide for us releasing him unless Fehervar cover it until he’s officially off our books on 1st July. In the unlikely event anything were to happen to George while he was still our player he  or his family could be up shit creek.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Usually most of the clubs let the players start a pre season with player's next team. For example, we also signed a free agent, and he start the medical with us, he also have a valid contract to end of this month with his previous team.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/gillingham-fc-brad-galinson-dom-jefferies-future-millwall-circle/

He's Dobson's cousin.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:

I wouldn't believe a word you read on sites like football league world mate, pretty much just content farms who will write about anything. They probably have created this link purely on the fact you signed Dobson and nothing else. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    George Dobson, Connor Gallagher love child
  • Options
    Dobson has an exciting trip to Azerbaijan to look forward to as Fehervar draw Sumqayit in the Europa Conference League 2nd qualifying round 
  • Options
    An interesting article about football in Hungary -  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cekk4zp5rg8o
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    An interesting article about football in Hungary -  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cekk4zp5rg8o
    Yes although it missed out one obvious target for furthe thought. Its all very well talking about the big crowds they have managed to attract for their internationals in the new stadium, but the average gate in the top league in season-end May 23 was 3,541, although I saw a tweet about this season just finished that it rose to 4,100. That laughable Puskas Academy team in Orban’s home village regularly plays in front of sub-1,000. Yet they will be in the Europa Conference next season. They managed at the last gasp to leap above Fehervar into 3rd place, having been behind them in 5th on most occasions I looked, after this Dobbo thing kicked off. The Czech league provides a good benchmark for that figure. Its a country with almost exactly the same population, same post Wall history and similar broader football history since WW2. Its first league attendance in 2023 was 5,528. No big deal in European terms but 57% higher than in Hungary. It too will have been much better this season just finished, and the UEFA coefficient is much better too. I would love to present football and facts -loving Viktor with those figures and see how he wriggles around them. 

But I’d be interested in @Vjacheslav views on it.