Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Dobson - Hungarians say transfer on hold til the summer (p61)

Comments

• Options
    Cunt GIF  GIFER Sorry
  • Options
    Looks like Andy Scott is winning the power struggle. It’s not looking good for next season.
    Erm?
  • Options
    edited May 3
    Solidgone said:
    Has the length of his contract in Hungary been mentioned anywhere?

@Vjacheslav - thanks for your contribution to this thread. I would be grateful if you could give us the occasional update on how Dobbo is playing and settling down in Hungary.
    https://fehervarfc.hu/en/news/george-dobson-will-play-for-fehervar-fc-from-next-season

No confirmation on how long the deal is.
    3 years.
    Ah shame, was hoping for 3 weeks.

That's about the time it will take before he wishes he was back at Sparrows Lane.🤷‍♂️..tough titty!!

• Options
    Dobson was lost in January. It’s done, it would be stupid to pay money to bring him back, time to move on. 
  • Options
    Good luck George. A player who gave his all, a true professional.
  • Options
    TBH, I won't believe this is 100% , ireffutable, rubber stamped  etc until I read a message from the player himself thanking us all for our support and wishing Charlton every success in the coming season. 

Only then will I get the tissues out....
    If he stays I'll get the tissues out 😉
  • Options
    After today's win, Dobbo goes to europe next summer. Only question is europe league first round or conference league second.
    How do you feel about Hungary’s chances for EURO 2024?
  • Options
    edited May 3
    Really hope Dobson has a Chris Powell-esque Charlton career! 

A few stints at The Valley, and potentially a coaching role
    Well his goal v Shrewsbury had all the hallmarks of Powell v Coventry. So make of that what you will, as it was Powell’s final appearances as an Addick. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 4
    After today's win, Dobbo goes to europe next summer. Only question is europe league first round or conference league second.
    I think we can reach the knockout phase, we won a game there and we will be eliminated in the round of 8. I have ticket against scotland.
  • Options
    Great player and great guy. I reckon he's got Harry Kane syndrome though - team failure follows him around. I'm interested to see how we will rebuild the midfield without him and it may just turn out better.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Charlton vs Ferhervar in the Europa League 2029
    As long as we don’t face Ferhervar Under 21s in a Europizza Cup
  • Options
    I think we can reach the knockout phase, we won a game there and we will be eliminated in the round of 8. I have ticket against scotland.
    You should win that one, they are the ultimate tournament bottlers.
  • Options
    I for one hope you have a very enjoyable day where you smash them and send them home early
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    There is something really special about him scoring a classy goal as our last of a woeful season.
    It mirrored the class of the man.
    As others have said, the polar opposite of Lyle Taylor. 
    Dobbo put it all on the line, including his young family’s future, to help save Charlton from possible relegation to League 2.
    Why? Because he was contracted to do so. 
    A proper footballer and more importantly, human being. 
    One of very few bright sparks in arguably our worse ever period. 
    Perhaps the biggest accolade is that he’ll be remembered fondly, in an era the fans will want to forget.  

Good luck and thanks George.
    How did he put his young family’s future on the line ? 
  • Options
    edited May 4

Someone turn the lights out on this thread...PLEASE...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

🤷‍♂️😴😴😴

• Options
    Whenever I come on this thread I can’t get this song out of my head:

https://youtu.be/pmUKmW4BYXM?si=z4OnKEXH91ng4nIF
  • Options
    Disgraceful ineptitude by Andy Scott.

Our worst season ever when we only had three top class players and Scott managed to lose two of them. 

Good luck to George Dobson who displayed more class and professionalism than the entire Red Trouser senior management team and their loyal acolytes combined. 

Top Class ?? Come on .. Dobson at his level , his passing will also let him down ,thatz why he did not get a single offer from this country  CBT come on one good cross in 20 , Derby have found him out .. that’s why he don’t play he will be back in league one in January on loan .. the most overrated player ever to play in a Charlton shirt 
    Don't agree on Dobson but 100% agree on CBT
  • Options
    Gutted he's going but wish him all the best for the future.
  • Options
    edited May 6
    Disgraceful ineptitude by Andy Scott.

Our worst season ever when we only had three top class players and Scott managed to lose two of them. 

Good luck to George Dobson who displayed more class and professionalism than the entire Red Trouser senior management team and their loyal acolytes combined. 

Top Class ?? Come on .. Dobson at his level , his passing will also let him down ,thatz why he did not get a single offer from this country  CBT come on one good cross in 20 , Derby have found him out .. that’s why he don’t play he will be back in league one in January on loan .. the most overrated player ever to play in a Charlton shirt 
    Time to close this thread when [RonnieMoore's real name deleted] is bored and is looking for a reaction .