Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Aaron Ramsey (not the Welsh lad) from ASTON VILLA a 18 year old midfielder who scored twice already in 2 games this season in U23 double figures last season has been capped by England at U16, U17 and U18 level. surely worth a loan ? 

• Indeed it was crazy, some clubs wont even have an XI on that much in total. 
    It’s definitely correct, I remember reading about it at the time. They had a few players on mega contracts, who they begged to tear them up. The players weren’t interested. 
  • edited August 2021

Indeed it was crazy, some clubs wont even have an XI on that much in total. 
    It’s definitely correct, I remember reading about it at the time. They had a few players on mega contracts, who they begged to tear them up. The players weren’t interested. 
    They were still paying some of those players until recently even though they left in 2019. Some ridiculous contracts written up while they were in the Premier League. 

• Indeed it was crazy, some clubs wont even have an XI on that much in total. 
    They were still paying some of those players until recently even though they left in 2019. Some ridiculous contracts written up while they were in the Premier League. 
    Last year they paid ex players as much as some clubs in the same division paid all their players.  Mental. 
  • When does the window close?
  • mendonca said:
    Am still really impressed how tight lipped we are keeping our transfer and loan targets this year. A huge difference from previous years and every other club in fact.  :)
    It would be reassuring to know if we have actually got any  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    Valley11 said:
    When does the window close?
    Not sure when it closes, but can tell you it slams shut at on Tuesday 31st August at 23:59. 
    Think thats just for Premier League clubs, think we've got an extra couple of days

If it is the 31st then its 11pm when it closes ;)
  • The 2021 English football summer transfer window runs from 24 May to 2 September 2021. Players without a club may be signed at any time, clubs may sign players on loan dependent on their league's regulations, and clubs may sign a goalkeeper on an emergency loan if they have no registered senior goalkeeper available.
  • Aaron Ramsey (not the Welsh lad) from ASTON VILLA a 18 year old midfielder who scored twice already in 2 games this season in U23 double figures last season has been capped by England at U16, U17 and U18 level. surely worth a loan ? 
    Might be a decent move, I got confused with his Brother for a moment as know Jacob Ramsey has already played for the Senior Team so couldnt imagine him dropping to League One
  • Relationships:
    Kirk and Pickering at Crewe. Taylor and Grant for half a season. Shearer and Sutton, Bruce and Pallister. The Chuckle Brothers; from Me to you. 

Football relationships all over the park was my philosophy, as a coach and manager, and it remains my mantra as a supporter.

In isolation, any team will struggle if your team play is sub standard because you have 11 strangers on the field. 

Our best form last season happened when  the relationship between Inniss and Famewo was immense. This helped Amos, the full backs, and the midfield, which meant as we kept 7 clean sheets in a row, smart finishing by Aneke and we collect 3 points. We could even afford Chuks to do his mandatory hitting the woodwork first.

We can suggest all difference players but if Nigel Adkins and the coaches can't get the team to link up for 98 minutes or so we are doomed because as I said before Sheffield Wednesday, there are no goals in this team at present.

Relationships, Relationships.
  • I imagine though anyone loaning a player out will want them to go and play football. Were not playing football this season just hoof ball! So fat chance with any decent loans! 😂
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    esseffect said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cattermole was on about 40k a week in league 1, his salary halved when they got relegated from the Premiership but not the championship. 
    I’m definitely out of touch with football in general these days. I get what he brings to a side, but £40k a week for Cattermole seems ridiculous. 
    He was on 80 in the prem!! 

No chance Sunderland where paying Lee Cattermole £80k per week.
    https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossip/420723/sunderland-player-wages-lee-cattermole/

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sunderland-afc-transfer-lee-cattermole-16516120

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2019/6/6/18653488/roker-roundtable-should-sunderland-keep-or-sell-release-lee-cattermole-this-summer

These all seem to suggest they were. 

Do they? Don't see any mention of 80k. My mate reckons he was on around 50k in the Prem, 25% pay cut after relegation. 
    The first one talks of 70k, my two Sunderland supporting mates, who don't know each other have both mentioned 80k in the past, what ever it was 40k in league 1 is the main issue that is obscene.

Edit sorry its Rodwell on 70k.
    All that says is you have 2 Sunderland mates who are both stupid..
    Probably still 2 more mates than you have got if that is your attempt at humour. 
    From the guy who spends his entire day on this forum, that really cuts deep.

I’m going to reflect on my life now thanks
  • It’s starting to look like Sandgaard has a very different perspective on loans to what we’ve seen previously. Not sure there’s a Connor Gallagher type about to join. 
  • se9addick said:
    It’s starting to look like Sandgaard has a very different perspective on loans to what we’ve seen previously. Not sure there’s a Connor Gallagher type about to join. 
    One can but hope! 🤞
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

When it starts raining
  • The amount of posts/tweets I have seen saying Sandgaard/Adkins out is just ridiculous.

A man with no former association to Charlton has saved us from extinction and gone on to spend the most on transfer fees in the division and still it isn't enough because we aren't shelling out over 10K per week for a league one player.

We really do risk coming across as an entitled dummy spitting group if we start trying to push TS out after a bad start to the season (4 games into the league season btw).

We had huge support from the footballing world when protesting against awful owners, however we risk looking like united/arsenal fans when screaming we want people out just because we have lost a few games.
    If we cant be happy with someone with the enthusiasm of Sandgaard then we'll never be happy with whoever the owner is

Andy Holt (Accrington Owner) met with Charlton fans prior to the game at the Valley in 2018/19 to discuss ownership of clubs here in England, as he has a lot of sensible views on how Football should be governed. Although shouldnt be forgotten that he has a few stupid ideas, as think he was very in favour of the Salary Cap in its recent format.

Seem to remember from the write up that he asked Charlton fans what we wanted as an owner... whilst at the same time stressing that it'll be impossible to find someone who'll put Charlton before and serious business sense unless they're a Charlton fan themselves.

Slater | Roland | Sandgaard, they're all realistic businessmen, they're not Charlton fans so will do whats best for themselves.
  • Valley11 said:
    When someone down the road starts up a bonfire. 
  • Stewart said:
    Valley11 said:
    When someone down the road starts up a bonfire. 
    Having first got the washing in 😉.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    The 2021 English football summer transfer window runs from 24 May to 2 September 2021. Players without a club may be signed at any time, clubs may sign players on loan dependent on their league's regulations, and clubs may sign a goalkeeper on an emergency loan if they have no registered senior goalkeeper available.
    I asked this last week & no one replied & so thought I must be wrong.

I've still not seen it officially stated & the above statement was from earlier in the summer when the EPL hadn't agreed their dates.

I think its in line with the EPL - so 23.00 on the 31st Aug.
  • The amount of posts/tweets I have seen saying Sandgaard/Adkins out is just ridiculous.

A man with no former association to Charlton has saved us from extinction and gone on to spend the most on transfer fees in the division and still it isn't enough because we aren't shelling out over 10K per week for a league one player.

We really do risk coming across as an entitled dummy spitting group if we start trying to push TS out after a bad start to the season (4 games into the league season btw).

We had huge support from the footballing world when protesting against awful owners, however we risk looking like united/arsenal fans when screaming we want people out just because we have lost a few games.
    If we cant be happy with someone with the enthusiasm of Sandgaard then we'll never be happy with whoever the owner is

Andy Holt (Accrington Owner) met with Charlton fans prior to the game at the Valley in 2018/19 to discuss ownership of clubs here in England, as he has a lot of sensible views on how Football should be governed. Although shouldnt be forgotten that he has a few stupid ideas, as think he was very in favour of the Salary Cap in its recent format.

Seem to remember from the write up that he asked Charlton fans what we wanted as an owner... whilst at the same time stressing that it'll be impossible to find someone who'll put Charlton before and serious business sense unless they're a Charlton fan themselves.

Slater | Roland | Sandgaard, they're all realistic businessmen, they're not Charlton fans so will do whats best for themselves.

Substitute any owner or any club and that statement just about covers every club you could think of, Thomas has been active and enthusiastic in his approach to Charlton, as a man with no previous association, so all we can do is support his approach and trust in him and the SMT.
    Realistically what else can we do, sure moan a bit because we ain't doing things "right", but Thomas is the best we have had for an awful long time, and I believe will get things going with the right support from us, and advise from within our club.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!