Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Those figures are interesting, but for all the loan players, the percentage paid by the L1 side would have been tiny
  • edited August 2021
    Rothko said:
    I still think we'll sign someone like Josh Sims in the coming days

someone LIKE Josh Sims.....just not Josh Sims himself.
    Joyce Sims?
    Joan Sims

"Carry on at The Valley" B)
    Carry on up The Valley, surely?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cattermole was on about 40k a week in league 1, his salary halved when they got relegated from the Premiership but not the championship. 
    I’m definitely out of touch with football in general these days. I get what he brings to a side, but £40k a week for Cattermole seems ridiculous. 
    He was on 80 in the prem!! 

No chance Sunderland where paying Lee Cattermole £80k per week.
    https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossip/420723/sunderland-player-wages-lee-cattermole/

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sunderland-afc-transfer-lee-cattermole-16516120

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2019/6/6/18653488/roker-roundtable-should-sunderland-keep-or-sell-release-lee-cattermole-this-summer

These all seem to suggest they were. 

They don’t, they only mentioned he was on 40k post relegation. 

He was on very high wages either way, but I highly doubt Sunderland have ever paid anyone £80k per week, let alone Lee Cattermole! 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Rothko said:

Joyce Sims?
    Joan Sims

"Carry on at The Valley" B)
    Carry on up The Valley, surely?
    Usurper. B) .but whatever worth a laugh though.."At your Convenience".. B)
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cattermole was on about 40k a week in league 1, his salary halved when they got relegated from the Premiership but not the championship. 
    I’m definitely out of touch with football in general these days. I get what he brings to a side, but £40k a week for Cattermole seems ridiculous. 

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossip/420723/sunderland-player-wages-lee-cattermole/

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sunderland-afc-transfer-lee-cattermole-16516120

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2019/6/6/18653488/roker-roundtable-should-sunderland-keep-or-sell-release-lee-cattermole-this-summer

They don’t, they only mentioned he was on 40k post relegation. 

He was on very high wages either way, but I highly doubt Sunderland have ever paid anyone £80k per week, let alone Lee Cattermole! 
    As above, but Jack Rodwell was 100% on 70k a week so 80 isn't out the question. 
  • edited August 2021
    CAFCDAZ said:
    I believe we will have 3 or 4 by the end of the week. Crowley is on that list of potentials. 
    I’ll have what he’s having
    Hemlock, when it don't come off?
  • MarcusH26 said:
    James Olayinka is an interesting one , spent last season on loan at Southend in L2 , appears he can also fill in at RB too according to the Arsenal site. 
    Blimey!
    We are shopping in stores even Roland dared not go in!
    Roland didn’t shop in stores, hence the duck tape on the shoes!
    And yet we admire TS for his frugality. 
    Do we? Has anyone actually said that not spending enough is a good idea or are you looking for trouble yet again?
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCDAZ said:
    I believe we will have 3 or 4 by the end of the week. Crowley is on that list of potentials. 
    I wont hold my breath. All those that have been ITK have been saying the same old bollox for months.

FWIW I do believe we will bring in a few loans by the end of next tues. Might be the odd nugget in there but will mainly be (overpaid) kids from Premiership teams. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Do they? Don't see any mention of 80k. My mate reckons he was on around 50k in the Prem, 25% pay cut after relegation. 
    The first one talks of 70k, my two Sunderland supporting mates, who don't know each other have both mentioned 80k in the past, what ever it was 40k in league 1 is the main issue that is obscene.

Edit sorry its Rodwell on 70k.
    Seem to remember the Netflix second series mentioning Rodwell on 60k/week in the Championship - they'd cocked up on his contract and didn't have a relegation clause.  

He had three years to run, so didn't want to go anywhere, just take the cheques - they were pleading for him to leave, as they said they could get 4 decent players on average Championship wages.
  • thenewbie said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    James Olayinka is an interesting one , spent last season on loan at Southend in L2 , appears he can also fill in at RB too according to the Arsenal site. 
    Blimey!
    Do we? Has anyone actually said that not spending enough is a good idea or are you looking for trouble yet again?
    Yes, there are those who said and I quote, because they heard the rumours of a tight budget, "And to think we rejoiced the wage cap last year was removed ."
    I think the intended point was that we were pleased to see the wage cap removed, but haven't capitalised by sepnding - or at least not the extent of Wigan and Ipswich. In other words, not spending enough is a bad idea.
  • Not sure 10k p/W for the best players in league one is that ridiculous to be honest and doesn’t particularly surprise me. 
  • thenewbie said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Blimey!
    Yes, there are those who said and I quote, because they heard the rumours of a tight budget, "And to think we rejoiced the wage cap last year was removed ."
    Wow, I really didn't think it was possible to miss such an obvious point so incredibly widely. That's actually impressive in how wrong you are.
  • Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but how much do we get from each stream we sell? Would it worry TS that if we’re knocking about in lower L1 come October then we won’t be selling many streams?

Our production can’t be cheap, paying minto / curbs etc, we need to be competitive or they’ll be presenting to virtually no one. 
  • Rothko said:

Alastair Sim 1900-1976 - Find A Grave Memorial

He's already got scarfy...
    Jack from On the Buses.
    Before Gemma Collins sat on his hat
  • Sponsored links:

• Lurker said:
    Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but how much do we get from each stream we sell? Would it worry TS that if we’re knocking about in lower L1 come October then we won’t be selling many streams?

Our production can’t be cheap, paying minto / curbs etc, we need to be competitive or they’ll be presenting to virtually no one. 
    In terms of over all cost streams don't count for much.  Before any production cost a stream is net £8.  Especially the away game where the home team get some of it. 

It's not a lose leader but isn't a significant revenue stream. 

• Can’t for the life of me see Lincoln City paying a player  £19,000 per week……absolutely no way!
    Have you seen the (supposed)Fleetwood wages? I'm not believing those.
  • Rothko said:

Alastair Sim 1900-1976 - Find A Grave Memorial

He's already got scarfy...
    Jack from On the Buses.
    Before Gemma Collins sat on his face
    Fixed for you.
  • Can’t for the life of me see Lincoln City paying a player  £19,000 per week……absolutely no way!
    Have you seen the (supposed)Fleetwood wages? I'm not believing those.
    It relates to the Premier League players wages that they had on loan.
    They were probably paying very little of these salaries, as we were certainly not paying Maatsen's & Millar's full wages.
    Don't for get Matt Smith's.  How could anyone forget him :-) 
  • Gillis said:
    thenewbie said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Blimey!
    I think the intended point was that we were pleased to see the wage cap removed, but haven't capitalised by sepnding - or at least not the extent of Wigan and Ipswich. In other words, not spending enough is a bad idea.
    Yes, correct and not spening enough is being frugal,  like RD who was,  really , equally unwise.
    But Bowyer said its cheaper in league 1.......
  • edited August 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Do they? Don't see any mention of 80k. My mate reckons he was on around 50k in the Prem, 25% pay cut after relegation. 
    The first one talks of 70k, my two Sunderland supporting mates, who don't know each other have both mentioned 80k in the past, what ever it was 40k in league 1 is the main issue that is obscene.

All that says is you have 2 Sunderland mates who are both stupid..
  • Rothko said:
    arny23394 said:
    Rothko said:
    I thought it was fair clear from NA's comments that the Pearce contract was as much to do with nurturing / mentoring the younger players as much as it was to do with being a back up CB.

You can't just reduce the age of a squad by kicking out every player over xx age. Younger players coming through need to see some older, more experienced players along side them on the pitch....not just words from experienced coaches in training IMO.

Pearce is also in the process of getting his coaching badges etc so I think that the extension was a fairly decent decision for all parties.
    Exactly, you can't just drop the age and hope it works, even the 'can't win anything with kids' United team had Schmeichel, Irwin, Bruce, Pallister, Cantona, Keane, Giggs and David May (yeah I know, he won a Champions League medal) in that squad and team. You need experienced pros around the kids to help them develop 
    Agree with what you say, but the players you listed were good players despite their age. Watson and to a lesser extent, Pearce, are toilet.
    Pearce is still a decent enough League 1 player, Watson is probably past it, but they along with Gunter, Washington and Matthews (who are still good players in this division) are needed in this group to give it a bit of experience. Hopefully we add more in the coming weeks 

Matthews is not good, rubbish delivery and stands off his attacker allowing the cross in far too often. The sooner we get a left back I’d give Gunter a go. I’m not saying Gunters better but he deserves a chance in his natural position
    Matthews lost the 2nd goalscorer Saturday (can't remember his name sorry) he had a 5 yard start & looked like he was running in treacle. 
  • edited August 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Indeed it was crazy, some clubs wont even be spending that an a combined XI. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!