Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• CafcWest said:
    For what it's worth (not much) my theory:  We are leaving everything to the last few days.  Plan is to find available, unttached, whatever, L1 or Championship Players without a club.  We then offer them L1 wages within our budget - but a big promotion bonus if we go up (and maybe a smaller bonus just to make the play offs).  That way we get players that fit the budget - who accept lower wages as better than nothing...with the added incentive to aim at promotion.  In addition a few loans from (ideally) prem clubs that want to get some experience in some of their fringe or lower age players.
    So the plan, if I get this right, was to ignore 3 months of summer building, start the season with a weak squad & put ALL our eggs into getting out of contract players on Aug 31st because they will he desperate for any sort of income.

That is not a credible plan, especially not from a businessman who built a billion dollar business from scratch. 
  • CafcWest said:
    For what it's worth (not much) my theory:  We are leaving everything to the last few days.  Plan is to find available, unttached, whatever, L1 or Championship Players without a club.  We then offer them L1 wages within our budget - but a big promotion bonus if we go up (and maybe a smaller bonus just to make the play offs).  That way we get players that fit the budget - who accept lower wages as better than nothing...with the added incentive to aim at promotion.  In addition a few loans from (ideally) prem clubs that want to get some experience in some of their fringe or lower age players.
    So the plan, if I get this right, was to ignore 3 months of summer building, start the season with a weak squad & put ALL our eggs into getting out of contract players on Aug 31st because they will he desperate for any sort of income.

That is not a credible plan, especially not from a businessman who built a billion dollar business from scratch. 
    I can’t believe that we are not still very actively pursuing good players to strengthen and who will cost money. I think we are.
  • Dan Crowley is one we were looking at.
    I’ve said a few times I really really like him.  That would be an outstanding signing 
  • Swisdom said:
    Dan Crowley is one we were looking at.
    I’ve said a few times I really really like him.  That would be an outstanding signing 
    From what i have just seen he has had trials at gillingham was close to signing for cheltenham but has another agent playing silly buggers changing the goal posts all the time

strange he hasnt been snapped up yet same as sims
  • edited August 2021
    Said if before, would be very happy with Dan Crowley. Big question mark over why he hasn’t been signed up elsewhere already. Was he not trialing with a league 1 club already? 
  • Apologies. Who is Dan Crowley ?
  • Would anyone take a chance on Jack Wilshire ? - currently a free agent - could be the experienced creative pro we need this season in midfield - 1 season deal ? 
    Pay as you play would be my best offer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would anyone take a chance on Jack Wilshire ? - currently a free agent - could be the experienced creative pro we need this season in midfield - 1 season deal ? 
    Yes

But pretty sure he'd want too much
  • Crowley is not the answer, too lightweight and does not work hard enough without the ball.
  • Crowley looks good on paper....will LB do us a favor and loan him out to us?
  • I think Wilshire will get a Championship offer on or just before deadline day. 
  • ct_addick said:
    Crowley looks good on paper....will LB do us a favor and loan him out to us?

He is a free agent
  • ct_addick said:
    Crowley looks good on paper....will LB do us a favor and loan him out to us?
    I doubt it, he was released in June. 
  • Rothko said:
    I still think we'll sign someone like Josh Sims in the coming days

someone LIKE Josh Sims.....just not Josh Sims himself.

Given our transfer window so far, this dude fits the bill: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Sims
  • edited August 2021
    Rothko said:

Alastair Sim 1900-1976 - Find A Grave Memorial

He's already got scarfy...
  • Swisdom said:
    From what i have just seen he has had trials at gillingham was close to signing for cheltenham but has another agent playing silly buggers changing the goal posts all the time

Someone who's had trials at Gillingham and nearly signed for Cheltenham (2 low budget L1 sides) doesn't exactly scream L1 promotion quality

He might have been at Hull in the second half of last season, but was mainly a substitute, only starting 6 games
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    Maybe Gillingham are looking for a replacement for Kyle Dempsey, because the have had an offer for him.
  • Southampton have a good youth academy any players available for loan ? 
  • Rothko said:

Joyce Sims?
    Joan Sims

• Apologies. Who is Dan Crowley ?

Thought we were after the Portsmouth manager, so I have no idea.
  • I thought he was an occultist!
  • edited August 2021
    Apologies. Who is Dan Crowley ?
    Former Arsenal and England youth International.
  • I thought he was an occultist!
    Something like that.
  • RedChaser said:
    Apologies. Who is Dan Crowley ?
    Former Arsenal and England youth International.
    Shame. Getting the devil on our side might be a shout!
  • edited August 2021
    If Crowley is being considered, the recruitment team seem to be looking at former youth internationals who haven’t made the big time, Blackett-Taylor being a case in point, who could be unpolished gems.

Quite a few of Curbs signings were players with U23 international representative honours on their CV which is not a bad trait. However they were more well known than those on our radar at present.

Not a bad policy if one comes off, changes out fortunes and commands a big transfer fee in the future.
  • Swisdom said:

Someone who's had trials at Gillingham and nearly signed for Cheltenham (2 low budget L1 sides) doesn't exactly scream L1 promotion quality

He might have been at Hull in the second half of last season, but was mainly a substitute, only starting 6 games
    It depends how you want to frame it. You could equally say he's a player who's played in the Championship and Eredivisie, making 100 appearances in those competitions.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!