Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• We need a Tino Anjorin type loan, be interested to see where he ends up
  • CafcWest said:
    For what it's worth (not much) my theory:  We are leaving everything to the last few days.  Plan is to find available, unttached, whatever, L1 or Championship Players without a club.  We then offer them L1 wages within our budget - but a big promotion bonus if we go up (and maybe a smaller bonus just to make the play offs).  That way we get players that fit the budget - who accept lower wages as better than nothing...with the added incentive to aim at promotion.  In addition a few loans from (ideally) prem clubs that want to get some experience in some of their fringe or lower age players.
    So the plan, if I get this right, was to ignore 3 months of summer building, start the season with a weak squad & put ALL our eggs into getting out of contract players on Aug 31st because they will he desperate for any sort of income.

That is not a credible plan, especially not from a businessman who built a billion dollar business from scratch. 
    I can’t believe that we are not still very actively pursuing good players to strengthen and who will cost money. I think we are.
    I am becoming more convinced that we have a problem with the salaries we are offering, rather than finding and actually signing better quality players.
    I can’t help thinking this.
  • Rothko said:
    I still think we'll sign someone like Josh Sims in the coming days

someone LIKE Josh Sims.....just not Josh Sims himself.
    Joyce Sims?
    Joan Sims

Sylvia Syms?

• edited August 2021
    Just caught up with the last few days on here. 

Why would we be rushing to offer free agents contracts right at the end of the transfer window?    I thought clubs could sign free agents at any point in the season, which would make the deadline irrelevant..?

I understand if it’s to stop someone else snapping them up, but that’s as relevant today as it is on the last day of the transfer window. 

Or have I misunderstood?    Serious question.  

Replies/comments/corrections welcomed! 
  • Maccn05 said:
    I know we’ve made more than one offer for Josh Sims and he’s rejected them as we low-balled him. 

I’m sure if the offers were good enough he’d already be with us.

Make what you want of that and TS transfer strategy…
    Do you know this for certain ? And how do you know what him and his agent are asking for isnt excessive ?! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Maccn05 said:
    I know we’ve made more than one offer for Josh Sims and he’s rejected them as we low-balled him. 

Says everything we need to know about this disaster of a window.
  • Swisdom said:
    Dan Crowley is one we were looking at.
    I’ve said a few times I really really like him.  That would be an outstanding signing 
    Great player, seen him play many times in The Netherlands. Very good playmaker and also attacking minded.
  • Rothko said:
    I still think we'll sign someone like Josh Sims in the coming days

someone LIKE Josh Sims.....just not Josh Sims himself.
    Joyce Sims?
    Joan Sims

"Carry on at The Valley" B)
  • Maccn05 said:

Do you know this for certain ? And how do you know what him and his agent are asking for isnt excessive ?! 
    it came straight from the horses mouth (SMT) via another fan. Probably about a month ago and I don’t know how much he asked for or what we offered, but he said it was multiple offers made.

I did lot say before as was told in confidence but since he’s now referred to it elsewhere I might as well share.
  • Maccn05 said:

Adkins keeps referencing the budget so I think we can assume it's tight.
    He’s talking to a much wider audience than just Charlton supporters. 
  • Is there and announcement 📣 at 6pm today ? 
  • Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:

it came straight from the horses mouth (SMT) via another fan. Probably about a month ago and I don’t know how much he asked for or what we offered, but he said it was multiple offers made.

I did lot say before as was told in confidence but since he’s now referred to it elsewhere I might as well share.
    Fair enough mate thanks for sharing wonder if we moved on completely now with CBT signing or if we hope to get him close to the end of the window still
  • edited August 2021
    When you hear of players earning 15k per week in league one that is ridiculous. 
    10k per week is still way too much.
    But if you are serious about getting promotion then I believe 5k should be offered to the players you think are good enough to get you promotion. 
    That's easy for me to say as it's not my money but if your top offer is 3k as I've been told it is then you are going to miss out on your top targets. 
    If that means we miss  out on promotion then it's a false economy in the long-term. 
    Last season we were paying the "left over dregs", Watson, Gunter, Bogle and Maddison about 5kish a week!!  Dobson was rumoured to be on over 5 at Sunderland, I can't imagine he took a massive pay cut?

I don't believe we are offering 3k a week to first team players.  I would imagine Stockley, Kirk and MacGillivray are all on "decent" money? 
  • Maccn05 said:

That's the glass half full view.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't believe for a second we're offering low wages when we've had it on good authority we offered Jordan Graham 9K a week  ;)
  • Maccn05 said:

That's the glass half full view.
    You could call it all ways. To other clubs and agents or to the owner.
  • When you hear of players earning 15k per week in league one that is ridiculous. 
    But if you are serious about getting promotion then I believe 5k should be offered to the players you think are good enough to get you promotion. 
    That's easy for me to say as it's not my money but if your top offer is 3k as I've been told it is then you are going to miss out on your top targets. 
    If that means we miss  out on promotion then it's a false economy in the long-term. 
    True, but we don't know what the offer is or what was being asked. For all we know we ARE offering (for example) Sims 5-6k (which I seem to think is around what Stockley is on) but he's holding out for 10+.

3k sounds very very low and I genuinely can't see people like Gallen or Adkins going along with that knowing they're wasting their time.

I'm also far from convinced that Kirk would move all the way down at a time of personal loss for the sake of 3k.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Maccn05 said:

Says everything we need to know about this disaster of a window.
    Depends how much Sims and his agent want. He’s been with Southampton for a while, so presume he was on a decent wage. Maybe one higher than a League 1 side are prepared to pay. I doubt Doncaster were paying his full wage last season. 

He’s been a free agent for a month and no one else has signed him up either, so not unlikely that his demands are too high for several clubs, not just us. 
  • thenewbie said:
    When you hear of players earning 15k per week in league one that is ridiculous. 
    True, but we don't know what the offer is or what was being asked. For all we know we ARE offering (for example) Sims 5-6k (which I seem to think is around what Stockley is on) but he's holding out for 10+.

3k sounds very very low and I genuinely can't see people like Gallen or Adkins going along with that knowing they're wasting their time.

I'm also far from convinced that Kirk would move all the way down at a time of personal loss for the sake of 3k.
    Why do you think we are signing the likes of Dobson, Clare and Taylor. 
    None of these will get us promotion but they come cheap. 
    Adkins keeps refering to sticking to a budget  and what with we are signing I believe it's too low 
  • When you hear of players earning 15k per week in league one that is ridiculous. 
    I’m not 100% as who knows which websites are true or not these days, but I’ve seen a few say Bannan is on £27k at Wednesday. I know that’s a follow on from a Championship contract, but it’s obscene, and ridiculous they didn’t have a relegation clause to decrease that wage. 
    I’m not 100% as who knows which websites are true or not these days, but I’ve seen a few say Bannan is on £27k at Wednesday. I know that’s a follow on from a Championship contract, but it’s obscene, and ridiculous they didn’t have a relegation clause to decrease that wage. 
    Even stranger he only signed a new contract in February when they were headed for the drop
  • edited August 2021
    I'd take Crowley, whenever I've seen him play he looks like he's going to make something happen. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!