Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• I know others don't share my belief, but I genuinely believe Thomas stalled on potentially securing promotion last season by waiting for an unhappy manager to walk. I don't know the exact figure saved by waiting but that should be viewed in the context of larger income and closer proximity to the promised land had we got promoted. 

If he was planning to start this season with our current budget, surely there would have been even more urgency not to pass up the opportunity that was there last season. We can only speculate on the reason for it, but I am minded that something has changed since then.
  • CafcSCP said:
    Southbank said:
    More crap & lies then. Adkins quote on Tuesday was ..." he's player that I'm aware of...."

I would bloody hope so if he's been training with us. Or is Adkins blind or just hasn't encountered him on his daily walk around the training pitches.

See, this is what pisses me off. Just say it as it is.

"Yes, the kid has been training with us..."

If you can lie about something so obvious & that can easily be found out, what else are you lying about that can't be.
    He didn't lie. He said he was aware of him.
    That phrase is being frugal with the truth. Being aware of someone is a bit different to. 'He is training with us at the moment actually '. Imagine if RD used such words. 
    Why would RD have ever spoke about a player training with us? 

This current obsession with bringing up RD at the moment is odd. Not digging you out personally, plenty of posters are doing it at the moment. But it needs to stop. Adkins and Sandgaard are light years ahead of RD in terms of football knowledge and care for our club.
    Yet we are at thr lowest point we have EVER been in the league, with a desperately inadequate squad, almost no goal threat and an acceptance by Adkins that we are unable to pay wages needed to attract the best league one players. We have a youth policy at the same time that our youth team has produced fewer young players of real promise than for a long time. We have a promotion strategy which depends on us bucking the trend that promoted teams are the ones who spend the most. How is any of this 'light years' ahead? I hated RD and his regime by the way, but the phrase ' frying pan and fire' comes to mind.
    That's probably the biggest overreaction I have seen yet.
    We aren't in a great place, but I prefer this place to anything under RD.
    The bloke wrecked a squad that had real potential to push on in the championship having narrowly missed out on the playoffs.
    It needed 2-3 additions. He sold Standard Liege for 24m got 10mil for Batsuahi or whatever his name was in a sell on from Marseilles to Chelsea.
    5 - 10 mil could have really pushed us over the line.
    Nope, lets give away our talisman striker to Bournemouth, who went on to scre 20+ for Bournemouth and Stephens for 400K.
    Both end up in the Premier league.
    He was a madman.

I'd rather have TS any day.
    It doesn't mean I'm not frustrated by the transfer window and promises, but to this point, TS doesn't seem to be running us into the ground.

Roland made many mistakes, but in his defence here the problem was that the contracts were allowed to run down by the Spivs, after they ran out of money. He inherited a squad full of players with 6 months left on their contracts

Stephens was out of contract in the summer, if we hadn't have sold him he would have left on a free anyway (like Hamer did)

And while the Yann decision was wrong (nothing that he was also out of contract in the summer), I bet Bournemouth were also paying silly wages, judging at how they failed the FFP rules.

The only defence anyone can mount for Roland is that the club was massively underfunded and mismanaged in the previous 10 years as well.  He probably actually didn't make it significantly worse but that is faint faint praise indeed. 
  • Leuth said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    I believe that CBT has signed. 
    Good. Some of our fans bloody need it 
    Yes get in there - thats the type of signing that will make the league sit up and take notice. This place will calm down now (after the jubilant celebrations of course)

Best underwhelmed GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs
  • MattF said:
    Taken from a Crewe Alex fan on Twitter, don't know where this appeared exactly but interesting read re. Lowery

His agent sounds like a right bell end. Advising him to not bother playing for a year.
    Fun fact... It looks like Lowery's Agency is the same that looks after Adam Matthews and Ryan Inniss

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tom-lowery/profil/spieler/426414
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/adam-matthews/profil/spieler/108878
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ryan-inniss/profil/spieler/183284
  • edited August 2021
    MattF said:
    Taken from a Crewe Alex fan on Twitter, don't know where this appeared exactly but interesting read re. Lowery

Wow, what a knob that agent sounds, IF he does sign for us, let's hope he changes his agent at the same time, having said that it is down to how Lowery negotiates with his agent, but seems to be being advised some wierd stuff by the sound of it.
  • edited August 2021
    MattF said:

His agent sounds like a right bell end. Advising him to not bother playing for a year.
    It's a bluff though isn't it.

His choice is sign the contract, that he has been advised not to or not play.

Crewe's choice is either back down and play him anyway, pay him for a full season and don't play him or reluctantly sell him before the window shuts.

He has the same agent as Joe Gomez and we know what happened there. 
  • Leuth said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    I believe that CBT has signed. 
    Good. Some of our fans bloody need it 
    Yes get in there - thats the type of signing that will make the league sit up and take notice. This place will calm down now (after the jubilant celebrations of course)

Best underwhelmed GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs
    Thank god he is signing, else its a bit like when Gomes was on trial yet didnt sign

Equally then turned around and started panicking that if we couldnt sign him - Who could we get in

Hiding to nothing
  • VFR4life said:
    I’ve just been told about the Tranmere winger ‘he’s shit mate’ also that watson and Dobson are both starting tomorrow . But I’ve also been told he think we’re signing him (the winger)
    Okay now I REALLY need to know who your source is 
  • Sponsored links:

• VFR4life said:
    I’ve just been told about the Tranmere winger ‘he’s shit mate’ also that watson and Dobson are both starting tomorrow 
    I can understand this if true. What would interest me if it was part of a three and who out of Morgan or Clare plays, or whether we have an extra striker, possibly Davison. Not ideal but Adkins has to try something. 
  • That wouldn't be very high up my list of things to try tbf
  • If Adkins feels that Kirk hasnt played enough we could well see this.

Given the fact that Clare drifted out a few times on Tuesday

You've... Been... Warned

MacGillivray
    Matthews | Inniss | Famewo | Gunter
    Dobson | Watson
    Morgan
    Jaiyesimi | Stockley | Clare
  • Watson gets picked using the playing against his old club principle.
  • VFR4life said:
    I’ve just been told about the Tranmere winger ‘he’s shit mate’ also that watson and Dobson are both starting tomorrow . But I’ve also been told he think we’re signing him (the winger)
    Based on that I think your source must be Adkins  ;)
  • MattF said:

That looks like the Managers, or Chairman's, programme notes to me. Agents, well most anyway, have a lot to answer for. Fancy advising your client not to play for a whole season. How is that going to help him? It looks like the agent wants a low ball buy-out clause whereas the Club, rightly, want a clause that gives them adequate compensation should he leave. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Certainly doesn’t sound like something that’s going to be resolved to our advantage in the next ten days does it. 
  • seth plum said:
    Watson gets picked using the playing against his old club principle.
    1-1 draw tomorrow, with Watson and Cousins scoring. Watson to be applauded by the Wigan fans, Cousins to be booed by the Charlton fans.

I can see the logic of starting Watson as long as he's not expected to be a defensive shield. And while I think he's a waste of a squad space and wages, as we've got him for another year it would be silly not to use him when the other midfield options are so limited anyway.
  • edited August 2021
    MattF said:

That looks like the Managers, or Chairman's, programme notes to me. Agents, well most anyway, have a lot to answer for. Fancy advising your client not to play for a whole season. How is that going to help him? It looks like the agent wants a low ball buy-out clause whereas the Club, rightly, want a clause that gives them adequate compensation should he leave. 
    The question is can Crewe either afford to pay him and not play him for a whole season or turn down any bid for him now?

If the answer to either is no he will either play for Crewe, or someone else, this season.

As unethical as it is its the agent doing his job that the player ultimately pays him to do. You can't force players to sign contracts they don't want to.

Sometimes we benifit from unscrupulous behaviour by agents, sometimes we are the victims.  If you were a Swindon fan you wouldn't be best pleased a players agent gave us a nod and a wink to DJs release clause, the same way we weren't when this agent did the same to Liverpool about Gomez.  Neither will anyone moan if we now picked up Lowery on the cheap. 
  • VFR4life said:
    @VFR4life , I think I'm right in saying you're 1 of the more reliable ITKers on here (I would have to check @Dazzler21 list) so I want to make sure I've got this right.

So your source, whom I assume either works or plays for the club, has said the Tranmere Winger is "shit", but has also said that he is "signing for us".

How utterly bonkers this summer has become
  • VFR4life said:
    Based on that I think your source must be Adkins  ;)
    I would say more likely the bloke who runs the show - Roddy. 
  • I think CBT could be a top signing
  • Think a few will be pleasantly surprised by Blackett-Taylor. 

Very Leko-esque.
    I really hope so but we need a lot more and I wouldn’t put him in a bracket of experienced players and he needs to be followed by 4 starting 11 players or we will struggle massively. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!