Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Valley11 said:
    Blackett-Taylor is the sort of player we should have had on trial for the pre season games. Was he on trial with another club? 
    I think he was at Wigan during pre season 
  • This will give us our 4 wide forwards, clearly going to be 4th choice (Kirk, Washington, Jaiyesimi) anyway, not the end of the world.  But of course yes we need other positions sharpish.
  • I'd rather we took a gamble on Sims or Solomon-Otabor, at least we know they can play at this level.
  • This will give us our 4 wide forwards, clearly going to be 4th choice (Kirk, Washington, Jaiyesimi) anyway, not the end of the world.  But of course yes we need other positions sharpish.
    I would rather take a punt on somebody like him as back up than use up a loan spot.
  • Scoham said:
    14 days left to sign permanents and loans. 

Free agents can be signed if they’ve been released before the end of the window, so we might just have to keep this thread open for a few more months.
    Sorry @Scoham I “lolled” that. Just to explain it was a hysterical lol, with tears and banging my head against a brick wall at the thought of this thread, and the 99% drivel on it, lasting beyond the transfer window!  🤦🏻
  • Tranmere fans seem to think Blackett-Taylor has more problems with his attitude than footballing ability.
  • Adkins “he is a player that I am aware of” I should hope so if he has been training with the club. 
    Shows how coy Adkins is on transfers when speaking to the media. Given those people who read so much into his comments I don’t think I believe a word he says
  • Tranmere fans seem to think Blackett-Taylor has more problems with his attitude than footballing ability.
    Wigan fans said the same when he had a trial with them. It seems all agree that he is lightening quick and has ability but his attitude means he goes missing.
  • Our problem was we were too ambitious in this transfer window. 

I'm ready to get a Tshirt made saying that.
  • Corey Blackett-Taylor … The new Andre Green 🙌 
  • Sponsored links:

• matt88 said:
    Adkins “he is a player that I am aware of” I should hope so if he has been training with the club. 
    Shows how coy Adkins is on transfers when speaking to the media. Given those people who read so much into his comments I don’t think I believe a word he says
    I knew he was a liar when he said that walking is brilliant.
  • Addick_8 said:
    Scoham said:
    Vincenzo said:
    wmcf123 said:
    I have been critical of Clare, but as a back up player to bring energy on the pitch the signing makes sense.
    He’s a very very poor man’s Jordan Cousins
    I thought Cousins wasn't all that to be honest.  Over hyped. 

Sometimes I think people on here just don’t like Charlton players.
     What utter bollocks. That is my opinion of him and getting £1.5 million for him.was a couple.
    If you disagree just say so. No need for nasty insinuating comments. 
    A couple of what?
    Opps. I did type coup.  Predictive txt decided I was wrong. 
    Try taking a couple of seconds to proof read what you've typed before posting. Not hard to do & saves people wondering what you are trying to say. 
    Argee
    I wonder why 4 peoe are on my ever unintended error but other grammar error  strewn pieces are never commented on. Misspellings,  poor punctuation, use of ' of 'instead of have, their instead of there, were instead of where etc.
    Another nonsense post.
    Don't you feel embarrassed at your inability to string together a coherent sentence or are you unable to read/check what you post due to a disability? If we know you have a disability we can take that into consideration.

Although I don’t agree with many of his posts (no disrespect @addick1956) he has a point. Digging someone out on a internet forum over their spelling or punctuation is pathetic.

There is no need for it. Openly saying people should be embarrassed over their spelling/punctuation then mentioning disability?  - get over yourself.  
    Capital "g" on "Get over yourself" I think.

• Least he’s admitted that we need more experienced players in. Can we get a move on with a left back??!!!
  • I'm just a bit gutted we can't compete with spending power of the mighty Wigan. 
  • edited August 2021
    Scoham said:
    This is perhaps nice to read but little we didn't know beforehand. The risk of a Scunthorpe approach is that within a tight budget you need everything to click, and the early signs are that our midfield is very, very far from clicking. Twelve days; let's see it. If we put the entire remaining signings budget, including loans, into two central midfielders, a left-back and this Blackett-Taylor chap I'd be content 
  • Subbing off Dobson had the air of someone who's seen quite enough thank you 
  • Sponsored links:

• This has escalated quite quickly hasn't it..... 
  • We must be a training knackers yard for every cast off .  What happened to proven players who would go onto better.

This is not the Brentford model. It is SE London version of Steptoe and Son. I am looking out for a player named Hercules signing for us.

How strong is he?
  • Sounds like the budget is tighter than he had originally thought or been told it would be. Okay, we have to cut our cloth accordingly, rightly so. But we definitely are not at the top end of spenders in this league. Probably would sit outside the play-offs with budget I would assume.

Really hope we bring in a few players in the next few days. We can’t leave it all to loans at the end of the window.

For the wide forward type, why Sims has not been mentioned, I don’t know. Maybe he is one who has his demands a bit too high and needs to lower in order to get a contract. Would be a great signing and much better than someone who didn’t do it in League Two last season.

Interested to know who the other player that went to Wigan is that we missed out on. Amos is one, who is the second?
  • Probably Cousins or Power.
  • Sage said:
    Sounds like the budget is tighter than he had originally thought or been told it would be. Okay, we have to cut our cloth accordingly, rightly so. But we definitely are not at the top end of spenders in this league. Probably would sit outside the play-offs with budget I would assume.

Really hope we bring in a few players in the next few days. We can’t leave it all to loans at the end of the window.

For the wide forward type, why Sims has not been mentioned, I don’t know. Maybe he is one who has his demands a bit too high and needs to lower in order to get a contract. Would be a great signing and much better than someone who didn’t do it in League Two last season.

Interested to know who the other player that went to Wigan is that we missed out on. Amos is one, who is the second?
    I think the budget would be flexed if we got promotion (don’t laugh) also.  Whereas Roland actually didn’t increase the budget for the championship.  
  • Sage said:
    Sounds like the budget is tighter than he had originally thought or been told it would be. Okay, we have to cut our cloth accordingly, rightly so. But we definitely are not at the top end of spenders in this league. Probably would sit outside the play-offs with budget I would assume.

It depends what you mean by budget.  If you mean total wage bill we are easily in the top 6.  If you mean what we had left of the budget to spend we could well have been around midtable.

I would wager our starting 11 against MK Dons earnt more a week than theirs despite the presents of Morgan and Inniss, who earn relatively little. That's before we bought on Watson and Kirk.
  • If its a budget issue then that lies with TS. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!