Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Vincenzo said:
    wmcf123 said:
    I have been critical of Clare, but as a back up player to bring energy on the pitch the signing makes sense.
    He’s a very very poor man’s Jordan Cousins
    I thought Cousins wasn't all that to be honest.  Over hyped. 

Sometimes I think people on here just don’t like Charlton players.
     What utter bollocks. That is my opinion of him and getting £1.5 million for him.was a couple.
    If you disagree just say so. No need for nasty insinuating comments. 
    A couple of what?
    Opps. I did type coup.  Predictive txt decided I was wrong. 
    Try taking a couple of seconds to proof read what you've typed before posting. Not hard to do & saves people wondering what you are trying to say. 
    Argee
    I wonder why 4 peoe are on my ever unintended error but other grammar error  strewn pieces are never commented on. Misspellings,  poor punctuation, use of ' of 'instead of have, their instead of there, were instead of where etc.
    Another nonsense post.
    Don't you feel embarrassed at your inability to string together a coherent sentence or are you unable to read/check what you post due to a disability? If we know you have a disability we can take that into consideration.

It is only nonsense if you chose to bully and cajole one or two people whilst ignoring your mates grammatical errors. In your case presumably Billy No Mates or Two mates Max. Bunging in an error or two always drags twerp like you out who chose just to insult people.  I will be insulting as it is all you understand. 
    Thank you for clarifying that you are deliberately making error ridden posts, that make no sense, to wind people up. Personally I think that's trolling.
    I'm very pleased you don't have any disabilities.
    Now we all know for certain.
    Apologies, to everyone, but we now know it is done deliberately.
  • Swisdom said:
    Southbank said:
    Tommy's company Zynex not doing too well. Maybe he has lost interest/focus on the club as a result?
    Could he be looking to unload us ?
    Stop talking shit

Net income 2.8 million. Not exactly Bezos levels.
  • Lowery would be an outstanding signing. A similar engine to Cullen and has a great ability to keep the game ticking over, as well as some creative flair. 

Crewe will be keen to move him on but I’m so disenfranchised right now I can’t envisage any exciting transfer stories. 
  • Not Ackworth, on ITTV.
    Ah cheers. Would never have guessed. 
  • I’ve fallen behind over the last few days. What has he done that’s so bad? I seriously doubt he forced his son on us, he might have asked gallen for a favour and get his son in for a trial but would he really force the club to give his son a contract, would Tommy allow that. What am I missing?
  • edited August 2021
    Lowery would be an excellent signing. However it probably would involve some backtracking. I wouldn't have thought with Clare, Dobson, Morgan, Gilbey, Watson, JFC and then Vennings, Dempsey and Henry all on the books another CM to sign permanently for a fee was in the plan but we now need it to be. As well as being a good signing it would I think show a willingness to react and change tack.
  • 14 days left to sign permanents and loans. 

Free agents can be signed if they’ve been released before the end of the window, so we might just have to keep this thread open for a few more months.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’ve fallen behind over the last few days. What has he done that’s so bad? I seriously doubt he forced his son on us, he might have asked gallen for a favour and get his son in for a trial but would he really force the club to give his son a contract, would Tommy allow that. What am I missing?
    He’s being blamed for us not making enough signings.
  • Lowery would be an excellent signing. However it probably would involve some backtracking. I wouldn't have thought with Clare, Dobson, Morgan, Gilbey, Watson, JFC and then Vennings, Dempsey and Henry all on the books another CM to sign permanently for a fee was in the plan but we now need it to be. As well as being a good signing it would I think show a willingness to react and change tack.
    Watson was never in the plan to feature much. JFC long term injury. Gilby not going to be back anytime soon. Morgan just not good enough as with the others at the moment
  • Lowery would be an excellent signing. However it probably would involve some backtracking. I wouldn't have thought with Clare, Dobson, Morgan, Gilbey, Watson, JFC and then Vennings, Dempsey and Henry all on the books another CM to sign permanently for a fee was in the plan but we now need it to be. As well as being a good signing it would I think show a willingness to react and change tack.
    I'm sure it would have been part of the plan. You need two players in every position at least, so we need 6 first team centre mids. Vennings, Dempsey and Henry aren't first team and aren't very near to it at all to be honest. That leaves two holders in Dobson and Watson, two attacking types in Morgan and Gilbey, and then as the third midfielder you've got Clare and JFC, but JFC will be lucky to play half the season, and he might not be the same when he returns. Having a 6th fit first team midfielder is essential

Agree but we should find a loan for Henry, Dempsey and Vennings, find a way to persuade Watson to retire and JFC ain't back for months.
    Agree but we should find a loan for Henry, Dempsey and Vennings, find a way to persuade Watson to retire and JFC ain't back for months.
    So.. what do you think of our chances of promotion 
  • Lowery would be an excellent signing. He and Dale tore us apart in the home fixture last season. Morgan not up to it so a priority signing. Not seen anything from the youngsters to convince me they are good enough. 
    I don't think it is changing tack, it's selling clubs and, agents and players, lowering their demands.  It took nearly 4 months for Charlton, Crewe and Kirk to all agree on a deal, which ended up being much closer to what we offered in January to what Crewe wanted in May. 
  • Scoham said:
    14 days left to sign permanents and loans. 

Free agents can be signed if they’ve been released before the end of the window, so we might just have to keep this thread open for a few more months.

Oh the joy!
  • What would be the likely fee for Lowrey ?
  • AndyG said:
    What would be the likely fee for Lowrey ?
    Undisclosed 
  • Sponsored links:

• johnny73 said:
    We really do have some moronic trolls following us.
    It's a laugh.
  • Wonder if we do a triple swoop on Crewe to add Lowery and Dale?
  • Swisdom said:
    Southbank said:
    Tommy's company Zynex not doing too well. Maybe he has lost interest/focus on the club as a result?
    Could he be looking to unload us ?
    Stop talking shit

I'm no expert but while sales are strong the share price is crashing. From what I can see this is down to them selling off a bunch of shares recently but several investors have downgraded Zynex from a buy to neutral. So it may not be the best time to buy the 19 new players we need.
  • Just fucking stupid waste of brain power.
    Anyone really give a fuck about some unknown Asian footballer of the 'Guardians 60 to watch list' 
    I literally would ban myself from all this shit on this site but for whatever reason I fucking open it.

I'm Oot

• edited August 2021
    Lowery would be an excellent signing. However it probably would involve some backtracking. I wouldn't have thought with Clare, Dobson, Morgan, Gilbey, Watson, JFC and then Vennings, Dempsey and Henry all on the books another CM to sign permanently for a fee was in the plan but we now need it to be. As well as being a good signing it would I think show a willingness to react and change tack.
    I'm sure it would have been part of the plan. You need two players in every position at least, so we need 6 first team centre mids. Vennings, Dempsey and Henry aren't first team and aren't very near to it at all to be honest. That leaves two holders in Dobson and Watson, two attacking types in Morgan and Gilbey, and then as the third midfielder you've got Clare and JFC, but JFC will be lucky to play half the season, and he might not be the same when he returns. Having a 6th fit first team midfielder is essential

I agree but I would have thought it's a position you would be looking to patch with a loan or at worst a free transfer, or alternatively you rely on one of the kids as being effectively 6th choice until JFC is fit.

I just can't imagine it was the intention to pay out a fee.

I'm 100% not saying that it is not needed - just looking at how the numbers stack up
  • Valley11 said:
    Wonder if we do a triple swoop on Crewe to add Lowery and Dale?
    Lowery is a possibility. I think Dale will go to Championship side in January. 
  • I want Dion Charles more than I want Owen Dale... neither are happening unfortunately. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!