Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Rumour on another forum that we've made an offer for Tom Lowery.
    Was that Bexley Boy?😏
  • CatAddick said:
    Seriously?  This isn’t kid’s football where you get a prize for effort, the only thing we are measured on is results.  That’s why the league gives you 3 points for scoring more goals that the opposition, there’s no public phone in vote for the most popular act.  I like the positive attitude; but really stop treating us like under fives and tell the truth.
    That's the problem.when you have Mr Positive as your manager. I've been called out before about this & I expect I will again, but I'd  much rather have a manager tell it as it is & not someone who's mantra every morning is basically...." the sun is shining - have a nice day".  No.....not every day is full of sunshine. Get real Mr Adkins. Drop the faux positively & deal with the problem in front of you. If you can't (because you are scared to say something) then leave & let someone with balls take it on. 
  • Redrobo said:
    UEAAddick said:
    Jack Wilshere .. we are forever signing players who are as durable as snowballs in the Sahara .. BUT if Jack is anywhere near fit he'd be worth a risk on a play per game basis .. clutching at thin straws ? .. maybe, but our dire midfield needs someone with some nous and a bit of class 

Jack Wilshere's sad decline as former Arsenal star admits "nothing has come up" - Mirror Online
    I can see "Jack Wilshere's Charlton" used all over this 
    Do you mean we may get a mention now and again? If so I’m in.

I don’t think he would drop to league 1, but it would be worth inviting him to train with us and see where it goes. He could also do a bit of coaching. What a player to bring on…we can all dream 💭 
    I might be late on this but he is currently training with Stockport so should be fit.
  • Vincenzo said:
    wmcf123 said:
    I have been critical of Clare, but as a back up player to bring energy on the pitch the signing makes sense.
    He’s a very very poor man’s Jordan Cousins
    I thought Cousins wasn't all that to be honest.  Over hyped. 

Sometimes I think people on here just don’t like Charlton players.
     Now have a go at ValleyGary who isn't  keen on Gunter.
    I aint keen on the whole squad tbh lads
  • edited August 2021
    Major said:
    CatAddick said:
    Seriously?  This isn’t kid’s football where you get a prize for effort, the only thing we are measured on is results.  That’s why the league gives you 3 points for scoring more goals that the opposition, there’s no public phone in vote for the most popular act.  I like the positive attitude; but really stop treating us like under fives and tell the truth.
    That's the problem.when you have Mr Positive as your manager. I've been called out before about this & I expect I will again, but I'd  much rather have a manager tell it as it is & not someone who's mantra every morning is basically...." the sun is shining - have a nice day".  No.....not every day is full of sunshine. Get real Mr Adkins. Drop the faux positively & deal with the problem in front of you. If you can't (because you are scared to say something) then leave & let someone with balls take it on. 
    Your opinion. You are welcome to it. 

If I was interested enough, I'd ask what real knowledge it was based on.

The rest of us non 'look at me' types are equally welcome to ours.

Mine is you are spouting bollox.
    For what’s it’s worth, I don’t buy into Adkins’ weird faux positivity either .  Lennie, Curbs , Powell and LB are the best managers in my lifetime and didn’t need to prove how happy they were daily .  
  • Jordan Graham hardly getting a look in at Birmingham. Seems to be behind Jutkiewicz, Hogan, Leko and Aneke in the pecking order. Worth using up a loan spot?
    Don’t forget we will have to pick up his £18k  or what ever the wage Colin invented was. 
    "Invented" :D
  • wmcf123 said:
    Major said:
    CatAddick said:
    Your opinion. You are welcome to it. 

If I was interested enough, I'd ask what real knowledge it was based on.

The rest of us non 'look at me' types are equally welcome to ours.

Mine is you are spouting bollox.
    For what’s it’s worth, I don’t buy into Adkins’ weird faux positivity either .  Lennie, Curbs , Powell and LB are the best managers in my lifetime and didn’t need to prove how happy they were daily .  
    Agree with you about Curbs.
  • Lowery would be an excellent signing. However it probably would involve some backtracking. I wouldn't have thought with Clare, Dobson, Morgan, Gilbey, Watson, JFC and then Vennings, Dempsey and Henry all on the books another CM to sign permanently for a fee was in the plan but we now need it to be. As well as being a good signing it would I think show a willingness to react and change tack.
    As harsh as it sounds i don't see those two ever making it with us. They're not really kids any more, in November Dempsey is going to be 22 and Vennings 21. Ages where they really should be pushing for a starting place in a league one team. I can see both having to drop down like Lapslie to kick start their career.

We can't rely on Watson, he'll (hopefully) just have a bit part role this season and JFC might not be back for 5-6 months. So for me we definitely do need another midfielder.
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope that’s nothing more than a trial to have a look while we work on players higher up on our list.

Last season he made 9 starts and 11 sub league appearances. In League 2. Even less impressive than Gomes.
  • I wouldn’t mind getting Blackett in if we announced 5 other signings who are talented and experienced 
  • Ahhh so the mystery player Doucher mentioned wasn’t Solomon-Otobor it’s Blackett-Taylor. 
  • Chunes said:
    Scraping the barrel.
    Thats a mighty thin barrel now!
  • Sponsored links:

• I wouldn’t mind getting Blackett in if we announced 5 other signings who are talented and experienced 
    Yeah I wouldn't mind this if it was to round the squad out as fourth choice winger. 
  • Did well for me last season on fifa career mode, rated 58, got me 7 assists in league 2 :disappointed:
  • In normal circumstances I wouldn't have a problem with signing Blackett-Taylor he has got a high potential level, proved by his pedigree.  Unfortunately we need players for the now and someone of equal ability to Kirk and DJ to put them under pressure.

If he was 4th choice it would allow Clayden to go out on loan.  Win win.

Unfortunately at the moment it looks like he would be, if we signed him, realistically 3rd choice. 
  • A rumour at last and a good player as well. Just waiting for the first person to spell Lowery with an 'a' instead of an ' e' and this thread will be properly back on track!
  • edited August 2021
    Says a lot if he's been training with us for 2 weeks and we're still undecided on him. Obviously not our first choice, so I won't be thrilled if that's all we end up with.
  • Blackett-Taylor is the sort of player we should have had on trial for the pre season games. Was he on trial with another club? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!