Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Haven’t looked on here today.....no sniff of any new signings then?

• For context, just watching Sky Sports News. 
    Chelsea have brought in 2 new players and shipped out '29'. Clearly many clubs have lots of business left to be done. 
    How many of those 29 were players who'd actually played a decent number of games for them? 5?
  • No wonder adkins sees davison as a back up, with the little activity, he probably might end up being our only option (if adkins knew we had options and money to spend cant imagine him saying such a thing), with the matches coming quick, it is not the time to stay calm and be patient with transfers, before we know it we will be cut a drift of play offs
  • Just wondered why our front players don’t rotate ? The front three for MK Dons were virtually interchangeable during the match , where we seem to be very rigidly stuck to certain areas up front ? 
  • Just wondered why our front players don’t rotate ? The front three for MK Dons were virtually interchangeable during the match , where we seem to be very rigidly stuck to certain areas up front ? 
    Cant really picture Stockley on the flanks though can you? - He's not exactly the best with the ball at his feet

Two from Kirk | Washington | Jaiyesimi on the other hand could easily interchange a lot more
  • edited August 2021
    Vincenzo said:
    wmcf123 said:
    I have been critical of Clare, but as a back up player to bring energy on the pitch the signing makes sense.
    He’s a very very poor man’s Jordan Cousins
    I thought Cousins wasn't all that to be honest.  Over hyped. 

Sometimes I think people on here just don’t like Charlton players.

If you disag
    What utter bollocks. That is my opinion of him and getting £1.5 million for him.was a couple.
    ree just say so. No need for nasty insinuating comments. 
    A couple of what?
    Bollocks... B)
    Cant really picture Stockley on the flanks though can you? - He's not exactly the best with the ball at his feet

Two from Kirk | Washington | Jaiyesimi on the other hand could easily interchange a lot more
    Maybe not - but if he isnt getting any joy with the bigger Center backs perhaps putting him on one of the full Backs to creat knock downs for Kirk and DJ who can use their pace and better footwork through the middle ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    Haven’t looked on here today.....no sniff of any new signings then?

Just a sniff of the usual shit
  • Why is this on the Rumours thread... He's never gonna come and play backup to Davison let alone Stockley
    We missed the boat already unfortunately. He’s going to Wrexham
    Stockley unlike Yann or Taylor wouldn’t be much use out wide but can’t see why the wide men don’t swap sides for a spell. A good question though for NAds who appears to be very set in his ways with the 4-3-3 favoured formation and tactics.
  • Gunter hasn't triggered an extension ever has he? We signed him on a 2 year deal last year
    2 year and an optional 1 year extension. So will probably be here next season.
  • Jordan Graham hardly getting a look in at Birmingham. Seems to be behind Jutkiewicz, Hogan, Leko and Aneke in the pecking order. Worth using up a loan spot?
  • Scoham said:
    Gunter hasn't triggered an extension ever has he? We signed him on a 2 year deal last year
    Who the fuck arranged or agreed that. 
  • Scoham said:
    Gunter hasn't triggered an extension ever has he? We signed him on a 2 year deal last year
    Who the fuck arranged or agreed that. 
    When it was announced everyone thought it was great...... 
  • Scoham said:
    Got any good news mate 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Connor Ogilvie would have improved us yet he’s been on the bench for every game for Pompey so far, played the second half on Tuesday.

crazy how we let a local player go to another club when we needed him, ah well
  • RedChaser said:
    Scoham said:
    Got any good news mate 😉
    Jacob Roddy has got a 5 year contract with the option of a 15 year extension. All he has to do to trigger the clause is know somebody else with the surname Roddy. 
    Happy days if never just pours does it 😉
  • Connor Ogilvie would have improved us yet he’s been on the bench for every game for Pompey so far, played the second half on Tuesday.

crazy how we let a local player go to another club when we needed him, ah well
    I wasn't as convinced about Ogilvie as some/most but he is considerably better than our current first choice left back. 
  • edited August 2021
    Agree. Think Ogilvie had been overhyped on here. Decent left back option but sounds like he’d prefer to move inside and I wouldn’t have him over Famewo. Bench option at Pompey sounds about right IMO.
  • Agree. Think Ogilvie had been overhyped on here. Decent left back option but sounds like he’d prefer to move inside and I wouldn’t have him over Famewo. Bench option at Pompey sounds about right IMO.
    But he'd have been better than Gunter at left back, and back up for Famewo in a 50 game season.  He'd have been a good signing for what we needed at the time, on a free.
  • Agree. Think Ogilvie had been overhyped on here. Decent left back option but sounds like he’d prefer to move inside and I wouldn’t have him over Famewo. Bench option at Pompey sounds about right IMO.
    But he'd have been better than Gunter at left back, and back up for Famewo in a 50 game season.  He'd have been a good signing for what we needed at the time, on a free.
    It depends who we end up signing, if anyone.  It also depends how much he wanted etc etc.

I don't think he signed for Pompey with the expectation he wouldn't play.  Is he a better LCB than Pearce?  I have no idea, do you? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!