Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Swisdom said:
    Another day slips away. No sign signing signing yet.

All I can say if this is what one gets from a 24 hour a day slog 7 days a week perhaps time and motion studies are required 
    Surely you mean another half day slips away.  
    Not for a pessimist!
  • Another day slips away. No sign signing signing yet.

All I can say if this is what one gets from a 24 hour a day slog 7 days a week perhaps time and motion studies are required 
    Tempus fugit as they say B)
  • I’ve actually stopped looking at this thread for actual rumours. It’s no ones fault that there are no names out there but I do find it a bit odd at this stage. I still think we’re in the process in some cases of first contact with potential targets. Astonishing really at this point.
  • I’ve actually stopped looking at this thread for actual rumours. It’s no ones fault that there are no names out there but I do find it a bit odd at this stage. I still think we’re in the process in some cases of first contact with potential targets. Astonishing really at this point.
    Hopefully there is plenty of waffle to keep your spirits up.
  • CafcSteve said:
    CafcSteve said:
    How is Ronnie Moore still on this forum?
    He just deliberately makes things up and says ridiculous comments to wind everyone up.
    He’s obviously a Palace Fan!
    He’s a good lad. I believe he has taken up a coaching role at the club.
    He thought Clare was 9/10 yesterday 😂!
    I think he said he was eating Eclares yesterday?
  • Got to kick into gear soon surely 
  • Leuth said:
    Clare has a first touch that doesn't go 10 yards tbf 
    Jason Euell?
  • Sponsored links:

• Jason Pearce doesn’t need to do his coaching badges as he has already completed them. Just to correct a poster above 
  • Chunes said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Chunes said:
    We keep getting told that we're after 'good' players and they cost money in addition to being wanted by other clubs so they will be difficult to get over the line.
    I thought TS said we have our first 11 and we are only after players for 'depth' now
    I’m wondering if they might be re-assessing that now. 
    Trouble ‘t mill. 
    Is that based on anything coming out of the club?
    No one tells me anything. Just speculation I’m afraid. 
  • I’m certainly not as positive as before but I just don’t think we need to decipher every word that comes out of his mouth. As with anything, the proof is in the pudding.

I am very irritated we are going into another game with no fit senior left back in the squad. Absolutely criminal. Gunter is a poor RB let alone LB. It’s quite frankly a fucking joke.
    And unfortunately THIS is why I am very concerned about what we will end up with.   It is NOT difficult to buy or loan a solid left back with a half decent left foot who could balance an already, on paper, solid back 4.

And we didn't.    And we haven't.
  • I’m certainly not as positive as before but I just don’t think we need to decipher every word that comes out of his mouth. As with anything, the proof is in the pudding.

I am very irritated we are going into another game with no fit senior left back in the squad. Absolutely criminal. Gunter is a poor RB let alone LB. It’s quite frankly a fucking joke.
    This. The fact that by the end of pre-season we only had 1 left back (I dont count Roddy as he's had less experience than Barker etc) is bad enough but when he got injured the fact that not even a loan/freebie was drafted in was criminal. 

A dereliction of duty & we are reaping what we have sown. 
  • Rothko said:
    arny23394 said:
    Rothko said:
    I thought it was fair clear from NA's comments that the Pearce contract was as much to do with nurturing / mentoring the younger players as much as it was to do with being a back up CB.

You can't just reduce the age of a squad by kicking out every player over xx age. Younger players coming through need to see some older, more experienced players along side them on the pitch....not just words from experienced coaches in training IMO.

Pearce is also in the process of getting his coaching badges etc so I think that the extension was a fairly decent decision for all parties.
    Exactly, you can't just drop the age and hope it works, even the 'can't win anything with kids' United team had Schmeichel, Irwin, Bruce, Pallister, Cantona, Keane, Giggs and David May (yeah I know, he won a Champions League medal) in that squad and team. You need experienced pros around the kids to help them develop 
    Agree with what you say, but the players you listed were good players despite their age. Watson and to a lesser extent, Pearce, are toilet.
    Pearce is still a decent enough League 1 player, Watson is probably past it, but they along with Gunter, Washington and Matthews (who are still good players in this division) are needed in this group to give it a bit of experience. Hopefully we add more in the coming weeks 

Matthews is not good, rubbish delivery and stands off his attacker allowing the cross in far too often. The sooner we get a left back I’d give Gunter a go. I’m not saying Gunters better but he deserves a chance in his natural position
  • I’m just hoping we know the left back we want (or have a few options) and are waiting until the end of the window when they’ll be available on loan or their club may drop their asking price.

Or perhaps Roddy wants room in the squad for his son to get a few games when the injuries start to build up (which they will without the depth to rest players).
  • Sponsored links:

• Lack of rumours when we are so so short is very worrying. 
  • Jack Wilshere .. we are forever signing players who are as durable as snowballs in the Sahara .. BUT if Jack is anywhere near fit he'd be worth a risk on a play per game basis .. clutching at thin straws ? .. maybe, but our dire midfield needs someone with some nous and a bit of class 

Jack Wilshere's sad decline as former Arsenal star admits "nothing has come up" - Mirror Online
    I can see "Jack Wilshere's Charlton" used all over this 
  • Dizzle said:
    Got to kick into gear soon surely 
    People having been saying that all summer...
  • UEAAddick said:
    Jack Wilshere .. we are forever signing players who are as durable as snowballs in the Sahara .. BUT if Jack is anywhere near fit he'd be worth a risk on a play per game basis .. clutching at thin straws ? .. maybe, but our dire midfield needs someone with some nous and a bit of class 

Jack Wilshere's sad decline as former Arsenal star admits "nothing has come up" - Mirror Online
    I can see "Jack Wilshere's Charlton" used all over this 
    Do you mean we may get a mention now and again? If so I’m in.

I don’t think he would drop to league 1, but it would be worth inviting him to train with us and see where it goes. He could also do a bit of coaching. What a player to bring on…we can all dream 💭 
  • I hope that I am wrong but this season is beginning to look like a disaster waiting to happen.

We have about half a dozen decent players, the rest are simply not good enough.

Some of the experienced pros like Inniss, Gilby, JFC, and Schwartz are not fit.

The academy youngsters are too young and too inexperienced.

The new players we have brought in, like the goalkeeper, Dobson and Clare are at best somewhere between poor and mediocre.

The displays this season are more like relegation performances, rather than a team who is meant to be aiming for automatic promotion.

Unless things change fast this is going to be a difficult, long hard season.

I asked Joyce and Vicky about you.
  • Scoham said:
    I’m just hoping we know the left back we want (or have a few options) and are waiting until the end of the window when they’ll be available on loan or their club may drop their asking price.

Or perhaps Roddy wants room in the squad for his son to get a few games when the injuries start to build up (which they will without the depth to rest players).

Ged's been working hard on an exciting attacking LB, Roddy out on loan and some Spanish youth talent coming in Juan Roddi or something.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!