Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited August 2021
    Clarky said:
    Swisdom said:
    So do we have any idea who Steve Gallen was scouting last night?  He was definitely off watching someone.  If, as rumours suggested, he was at Crewe then it was a wasted journey watching Dale as he was "sick" apparently
    No one seems to have considered we play Crewe in 2 games time so he might not have been scouting for potential signings. Could have pre-game prep for future opponent 
    Neither makes sense if Gallen was in Crewe and Crewe were in Oxford!
    Job interview ?  :D

Edit. Bugger beaten to the punch as per normal  :(
  • Addicks59 said:
    You are wrong it would of suited him to be sacked he would of had his contract payed up which would of payed his retirement. If you are going to contradict  people get your facts right.There are several poster's on this site that think they are clever and can resort to bullying the club have been made aware of who they are and so have Google on line bullying action site. I would respectively suggest that the administrators of this site get a grip 15yrs old or not and remove the perpetrators I for one will not tolerate ridicule and bullying of my comments made in good faith.
    You really don’t help yourself mate. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Addicks59 said:
    You are wrong it would of suited him to be sacked he would of had his contract payed up which would of payed his retirement. If you are going to contradict  people get your facts right.There are several poster's on this site that think they are clever and can resort to bullying the club have been made aware of who they are and so have Google on line bullying action site. I would respectively suggest that the administrators of this site get a grip 15yrs old or not and remove the perpetrators I for one will not tolerate ridicule and bullying of my comments made in good faith.
    I suspect the club are frantically search the membership data base for Mr 43v3r, Mr End, the stoneroses and an elf this could be interesting. 
    Bloody hell, why am I brought into this?
  • edited August 2021
    Out of the loop a bit on this, but I thought although the salary cap went, we could only spend what we had coming in?  Or am I wrong?

Therefore, if Nick Pope had of been sold, we would of got a substantial amount of money and bought high quality players.

Unless the group of players we have suddenly click, we could be in a bit of bother this season. 

We have a lack of goals in our team, a leaky defence and in my opinion a liability of a goalkeeper.   

When your losing a game and Ben Watson is brought on, I feel like you've admitted defeat.  Why not one of the young attacking options?

I am not a fan of playing one striker.  Some will say we play 4-3-3, but the other two are not playing as out and out forwards.  I think we should go to 4-4-2 and give Stockley some help.   

However, if we keep losing and all else fails, and if no-one else can help, and if we can find them, maybe we should hire the A-Team!
  • edited August 2021
    There's no salary cap (only FFP) but there is a 21 player squad limit. 

It has been challenged but the whole process is likely to take some time, as we saw with the wage cap. 
  • In my opinion, we need a keeper, a centre back, a left back, an attacking midfielder, a winger & a striker. We could probably do with another centre mid as Clare & Dobson don’t appear to be good enough to be automatic starters in a promotion chasing team. If we can only get 3/4 more in, what do we go with? 
  • Chunes said:

It has been challenged but the whole process is likely to take some time, as we saw with the wage cap. 

I’m sure we will be loaning out players to ensure we have have the best squad possible to meet the limit 
  • Chunes said:

I’m sure we will be loaning out players to ensure we have have the best squad possible to meet the limit 
    Confident thinking, we should be doing that right now then ready for Wigan Saturday.
    I really thought after Oxford and MK dons games we’d go out and get a couple we so desperately need.
  • Chunes said:

I'm not sure the challenge will win. There has been a squad cap in the Premier League for quite a while and I haven't seen too many complaints against it. Of course a major difference is Premier League clubs can afford to leave a player or two out of it, but that's still pointless as you've got a professional footballer not able to play competitively. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Renewing Pearce and Watson looks like an even dumber move in hindsight thanks to this squad cap. 

Willingly having poor players in the side for that Adkins himself admitted weren't good enough.  
    If we don't include JFC yet we still have room to sign 5 outfield players (excluding Dempsey). I don't think the squad cap is going to affect us as didn't expect us to sign more than that anyway. 
  • Addicks59 said:
    LB left FACT over interference I have known Lee since he was a boy I and my company sponsored him as a kid so I have heard things that was not in the public domain now frankly I am not bothered if you believe  or not.
    ,  .  ,  ,  .

You're welcome. 

Good rumour though. 
  • edited August 2021
    Renewing Pearce and Watson looks like an even dumber move in hindsight thanks to this squad cap. 

Willingly having poor players in the side for that Adkins himself admitted weren't good enough.  
    If we don't include JFC yet we still have room to sign 5 outfield players (excluding Dempsey). I don't think the squad cap is going to affect us as didn't expect us to sign more than that anyway. 
    I don't think it will effect us but even with the cap we could sign

The back up keeper (doesn't count)

Then the first choice LB and CM we are desperate for.

Then a RCB, CM and another forward

If any of them were U21, some of the loans might be, we will still have space.  The cap isn't a problem. 

• edited August 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Renewing Pearce and Watson looks like an even dumber move in hindsight thanks to this squad cap. 

I don't think it will effect us but even with the cap we could sign

The back up keeper (doesn't count)

Then the first choice LB and CM we are desperate for.

Then a RCB, CM and another forward

If any of them were U21, so of the loans might be, we will still have space.  The cap isn't a problem. 

Agreed. Although I could be wrong, I believe loan players count in the 22 even if they are U21.

EDIT - I was incorrect, the above only applies to the Championship squad limit which is a bit weird. 
  • Exposing people's delusions/lies is not bullying.
    Public humiliation could be said to be just that.
    But they are posting on a public forum. It's not like they are sending messages privately which people are bringing to the main page. 
  • Chunes said:

I'm not sure the challenge will win. There has been a squad cap in the Premier League for quite a while and I haven't seen too many complaints against it. Of course a major difference is Premier League clubs can afford to leave a player or two out of it, but that's still pointless as you've got a professional footballer not able to play competitively. 
    Premier league is also 25 players... not 21
  • Addicks59 said:
    LB left FACT over interference I have known Lee since he was a boy I and my company sponsored him as a kid so I have heard things that was not in the public domain now frankly I am not bothered if you believe  or not.
    I’m not doubting that’s true but he also jumped before he was pushed. Not a chance Bowyer was making it through the summer as Charlton manager. We were in awful form playing awful football. Much like we are now. 
  • <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I am delighted to have signed a contract with <a href="https://twitter.com/CAFCofficial?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@CAFCofficial&lt;/a>! Come on you Addicks! 🔴</p>&mdash; Bikash Yumnam (@BYumnam6) <a href="">August 18, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:
    Chunes said:

Premier league is also 25 players... not 21
    Yes but that includes goalkeepers, and ours doesn't. It's 22 for this coming season, 21 next season and then 20 for 2023/24 and going forwards. This season seems quite generous when you consider you could have 2 goalkeepers, 22 outfield players and then 2/3 U21 loans. The Championship is restricted to 25 players including keepers and U21 loans so in theory League 1 and 2 clubs can have bigger squads than the Champ this season. 
  • Swisdom said:
    There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes and it’s not in the public domain. Bowyers departure is included in this.  He jumped before he was pushed.

I am reliably informed there are “3 or 4 more coming in”

and for those who state we need more they also need to realise there is a slight limit to squad sizes and we only have a handful of slots remaining.  

Excluding any outgoings I assume. 
  • <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I am delighted to have signed a contract with <a href="https://twitter.com/CAFCofficial?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@CAFCofficial&lt;/a>! Come on you Addicks! 🔴</p>&mdash; Bikash Yumnam (@BYumnam6) <a href="">August 18, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bikash_Yumnam
  • Don’t worry about the squad size . If we get 5/6 in we can make space by not registering or loaning out the players that are surplus to requirements. 

My worry is that we are keeping some of the younger players in the squad because of the focus on youth development rather than being good enough.

• I don't think players U21 count towards squad registration. At least they don't on football manager!
    Will be a fake account, only set up 5 days ago, just after someone on here randomly mentioned his name. 
  • sam3110 said:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I am delighted to have signed a contract with <a href="https://twitter.com/CAFCofficial?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@CAFCofficial&lt;/a>! Come on you Addicks! 🔴</p>&mdash; Bikash Yumnam (@BYumnam6) <a href="">August 18, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Will be a fake account, only set up 5 days ago, just after someone on here randomly mentioned his name. 
    Says it was set up in July 2018 on my app...

Don't exactly look genuine but that is a seriously long term plot job!
  • If anyone is really bored here’s a long video of his highlights. https://youtu.be/2ZyGF_0ep5k
  • How would we sign a player from India? We can't even sign players from Europe.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!