Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Sage said:
    A random thing that to me says a lot is how often Adkins says honest, hard-working group of players. Not once has he ever described them as talented when I am fairly sure he has with a handful of players we had last season. Aneke, Millar, and Maatsen all come to mind.
    Agreed.  With Adkins and his positivity, it's always what he doesn't say that you have to listen for.  The Medical team is 'exceptional'.  There are one or two that he describes as 'talented footballers' but not many.  Most are hard working or promising and just 'good footballers'.  It's clear he was expect more.  

I'm mostly concerned that we have broken that truly excellent recruitment machine in some way.

But, given I'm a 'one large mouthful short of a pint' optimist, no mere glass half full, I noticed that TS sold about £2m of shares on the 6th August, so maybe that was after coming over here and realising he's got to plug the gap that the sponsors didn't fill ...? 
    Where did you see he sold shares?

League 1 sponsorship deals aren’t worth millions.
  • Looks like Arsenal have plumped for Ramsdale instead of Pope, so potential windfall there doesn’t look like happening:-( 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Another day closer. No more rumours
    Do you think Gallen went to Crewe for a spot of lunch and a hair cut?

It might not be true but it's a rumour. 
    Gallen's rumoured travel plans. Deserves its own thread.
  • edited August 2021
    Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    A random thing that to me says a lot is how often Adkins says honest, hard-working group of players. Not once has he ever described them as talented when I am fairly sure he has with a handful of players we had last season. Aneke, Millar, and Maatsen all come to mind.
    Agreed.  With Adkins and his positivity, it's always what he doesn't say that you have to listen for.  The Medical team is 'exceptional'.  There are one or two that he describes as 'talented footballers' but not many.  Most are hard working or promising and just 'good footballers'.  It's clear he was expect more.  

I'm mostly concerned that we have broken that truly excellent recruitment machine in some way.

But, given I'm a 'one large mouthful short of a pint' optimist, no mere glass half full, I noticed that TS sold about £2m of shares on the 6th August, so maybe that was after coming over here and realising he's got to plug the gap that the sponsors didn't fill ...? 
    Where did you see he sold shares?

League 1 sponsorship deals aren’t worth millions.
    Public record as it was shares in Zynex.  Has to be announced to the exchange (NASDAQ).

He could have sold them for all kinds of reasons.  Those custom guitars aren't cheap.  But the timing was interesting, given his recent visit.
  • edited August 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    Look.  We have all been told that nothing is to happen until 5 minutes before the window shuts...  It's all hush hush you know but if anyone has a son who's quite good at football please drop a line to,

feckin.desperate@cafc.co.uk

• Extract of DD dealings here ....
  • edited August 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:

We buying their whole team? We need 7/8 players, where’s the rumours. 

Gallen apparently went for an interview at QPR the other week, what does that say about the current state of affairs. 
  • https://www.bradfieldcollege.org.uk/article/the-football-programme-developing-more-than-just-footballers/

A bit more about Bradfield College football development programme for anyone interested. The programme itself actually sounds like a solid idea, but it's clear its pretty much for those who are never going to make it as a professional footballer. 
     So they have failed Jacob Roddy who is currently our 1st team reserve Left Back with a professional contract. Now I understand why people who know him as a school boy and at the college were so surprised he had 'made it'. 
    My opinion.  There is so much of this nepotism going on in show business and sport, more so show business. 

Famous shove ups by parents who think we can't get enough of their flaming families.

Bradley Walsh and Son ! Yawn

Martin Kemp and Roman (!) his over rated over promoted son. Yawn

Harry bleedin' Rednapp and Jaime, boring.

The Wright family. 

There are more but, Dear God but eventhinking of it bores me. 

Mumford and Sons ?

Basil Brush and that one off the Foxy Bingo adverts. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:

Gallen went for an interview at QPR the other week apparently, what does that say about the current state of affairs. 
    When I said maybe he was in Crewe for an interview it was said in jest. If you are correct and he is looking to leave that will be a proper sign that things are not right at the club
  • J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:

Gallen went for an interview at QPR the other week apparently, what does that say about the current state of affairs. 
    Finally, a rumour!
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:

Gallen apparently went for an interview at QPR the other week, what does that say about the current state of affairs. 
    Yeah I read @Clarky say that as well, I see your happy to believe that rumour no questions asked. 
  • If it’s true that we’ve got ANOTHER convoluted recruitment team, then we really must be one of the unluckiest clubs in the league. Years of Roland selling our star striker and bringing in dross from the network, then Thomas D playing Fifa and calling Chris Powell on his headset, now (allegedly) a guy who usurps Gallen, vetoes transfers and signs up his son. 

Surely we’re not in the same boat we’ve always been, albeit with a more kindly owner who plays the guitar?! 
  • CafcSteve said:
    How is Ronnie Moore still on this forum?
    He just deliberately makes things up and says ridiculous comments to wind everyone up.
    He’s obviously a Palace Fan!
    He’s a good lad. I believe he has taken up a coaching role at the club.
    He thought Clare was 9/10 yesterday 😂!
  • Defender on loan from Prem sounds fairly close.
    Two days ago - still think it’s close @Covered_End_Lad?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:

Yeah I read @Clarky say that as well, I see your happy to believe that rumour no questions asked. 
    You see the word apparently there yeah? 
  • CafcSteve said:
    CafcSteve said:
    He just deliberately makes things up and says ridiculous comments to wind everyone up.
    He was also telling anyone that would listen that Thomas had invested/spent £130 million on Charlton.... 
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:

Is the word RUMOUR there yeah? 
  • edited August 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:

Is the word RUMOUR there yeah? 
    Strange.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    CafcSteve said:
    CafcSteve said:
    He was also telling anyone that would listen that Thomas had invested/spent £130 million on Charlton.... 
    He’s obviously just a fan of another club with nothing better to do.
  • CafcSteve said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CafcSteve said:
    CafcSteve said:
    Sadly, I think he is a Charlton supporter. Just likes making stuff up for attention.
  • CafcSteve said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CafcSteve said:
    CafcSteve said:
    Sadly, I think he is a Charlton supporter. Just likes making stuff up for attention.
    He's probably one of the ones that clapped them off on Saturday and last night...!
  • CafcSteve said:

Jacko will have to take a backseat.
  • Addicks59 said:
    All is not well at the club it would seem gallen looking for a new job several weeks ago I heard rumors that all was not well one of the reasons LB left was interference  from above that is from Lee himself.Also mumford hisself boasted of several millions coming into the club everybody jumped on the fact it was a shirt deal it was not it was a new partnership coming into the club it fell through for what ever reason so thomas has had to go it alone.Now it would seem that Steve has had enough and is on his way several suggested transfers have been blocked I think we as supporters should be told the truth rather than hear second hand.
    Is this the deal that Airman said today had been been over egged but has actual been signed and will be announced in due course? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!