Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Rumours round up?

Rumours in

Henderson -  training with us, was alleged to have signed about 2 weeks ago.

Blackett- Taylor - league 2 winger on trial.

Not exactly inspiring, Blackett-taylor hasn't exactly set league 2 "on fire", prefer a more "ready" player as back up over the youth as think they benefit more from a well measured introduction, but, if that's the bench warmer/ competition for DJ/Washington/Kirk then might as well leave that spot for Clayden and Ghandor and alternate them on the bench. Especially if there's a budget constraint and the need for more signings.

Henderson... Injuries are an issue but I guess you wouldn't expect him to play much, again, do you keep Harness on the bench instead and manage that money better.

Rumours out - like the ins we've not heard a peep about any of our players being sniffed at, in particular, Schwartz. 

We're all expecting him to be off but there hasnt been a whisper of him going, either perm or loan, you'd imagine given his recent personal life changes and the fact he doesn't look fancied by Adkins, that his agent would be working his nuts off to get him out, but, nope. Nothing. Zippo.

Personally think he isn't leaving, a touch of Sandgaard influence perhaps.
    There is also the rumour that Gallen was in Crewe last night.

With regards to "rumours out" its worth remembering that Adkins has said that he doesnt expect any to leave but still taking that with a pinch of salt myself - Does the Danish Transfer Window close around the same time as ours anyone know?
  • edited August 2021
    I swear people on here were spunking all over him (Roddy) in the summer. Where have those people gone? 

I remember asking why do we think he is the messiah?

For clarity I do think Gallen is still heavily involved identifying players. Perhaps he just doesn’t get his way as much which is the problem 
  • RedRobin said:
    The amount of players we’ve seemingly missed out on is a joke. Scott Twine was shoulders above Albie last night, crying out for a player like him but apparently we were not in for him. Whoever is in charge of recruitment at the moment is having a mare and I highly doubt it’s Gallen!!! 
    Can only miss out if we are interested in the first  place … 
    Well if we wasn't interested in Scott Twine we should have been
  • My twopenath (sp) for what it's worth. With the recruitment yes TS did say 4 of them involved, my guess is that TS looks purely at the financials of a deal and on advice of the other 3 either says yes spend x amount or not. Just my thoughts.
    It has been confirmed at the Fan's Forum (?) and in at least one other interview that TS also has a say on player's ability, and has vetoed a few based on his assessment of their skill level.
  • Chunes said:
    My twopenath (sp) for what it's worth. With the recruitment yes TS did say 4 of them involved, my guess is that TS looks purely at the financials of a deal and on advice of the other 3 either says yes spend x amount or not. Just my thoughts.
    It has been confirmed at the Fan's Forum (?) and in at least one other interview that TS also has a say on player's ability, and has vetoed a few based on his assessment of their skill level.
    I hope this is an assessment of their guitar playing ability?
  • Chunes said:
    My twopenath (sp) for what it's worth. With the recruitment yes TS did say 4 of them involved, my guess is that TS looks purely at the financials of a deal and on advice of the other 3 either says yes spend x amount or not. Just my thoughts.
    That's mental. Is there a quote?
  • If we go 1 down at home to Wigan it’s gonna turn toxic pretty sharpish.  Not a rumour, a fact.
    I have said exactly the same myself..
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    Really? Didn't know that, or read it anywhere, is there a link? If true then that's just nuts and I'm one of TS supporter's, but that would just be nonsense in my mind and a really worrying development!
  • Lots of rumours swirling around but not related to transfers, sums up the club at the moment. Still keeping the faith but becoming concerning. Need more Kirk type signings to get the fan base on side. 
  • ct_addick said:
    what happened to Gomes ? 
    He decided he was too good for our midfield :smile:
  • edited August 2021
    If Gallen was in Crewe again, then perhaps that gives hope that we're trying to sign a decent CM - Lowery perhaps? A Lowery, Gilby, Clare midfield wouldn't be so bad.
  • ct_addick said:
    what happened to Gomes ? 
    He decided he was too good for our midfield :smile:
    I heard we pulled a Roland.  Xk a week agreed, turned up to sign and x was suddenly less than promised. 
  • It didnt suprise me last night that the 2 best passes up to our attackers came from our 17 year old CB. People keep going on about our midfield supplying quality balls none of them held a candle to the passes Deji made
  • Hal1x said:
    RedRobin said:
    The amount of players we’ve seemingly missed out on is a joke. Scott Twine was shoulders above Albie last night, crying out for a player like him but apparently we were not in for him. Whoever is in charge of recruitment at the moment is having a mare and I highly doubt it’s Gallen!!! 
    Can only miss out if we are interested in the first  place … 
    Well if we wasn't interested in Scott Twine we should have been
    Probably thought we could string him along, but then he cottoned on, asked for more cash and we decided it was just too much money for old rope.
    That's selfish, using up so many puns in one post

I think I'm going to leave this thread
  • ct_addick said:
    what happened to Gomes ? 
    Gomes was nothing special, but might have balanced the midfield more than having Clare, Dobson and Morgan together
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    Is that true? I know he does have a say but I've not seen anything to say it's based on ability etc?
  • thenewbie said:
    Chunes said:
    Is that true? I know he does have a say but I've not seen anything to say it's based on ability etc?
    He said it, he also said there were some he vetoed.  He says so much its hard to remember where and when he said it though. 
  • edited August 2021
    thenewbie said:
    Chunes said:
    Yes, it's true. It was brought up months ago. Having some trouble finding it again, though. I'm sure someone else knows what I'm referring to. 
  • If there is anything in the Ged Roddy nepotism conspiracy going on what I struggle with is the role of Nigel Adkins and up to a point Johnnie Jackson. Both are senior playing side with a lot of kudos and experience. I couldn’t see them buying into it if I’m honest. 
    What are they meant to do, stage a coup? 

People are angry with the performances and are looking for a bogeyman to direct all the blame towards. 
  • The midfield is certainly looking weak but not writing off Clare and Dobson just yet. Think there maybe decent players in there but not sure how well they work and will work together. Sadly, I think it might be time up for Morgan though, he shows glimpses but don't think he has improved enough and certainly not to take on a key role. We are crying out for creativity in midfield and if we had that in a proper no.10 then I think and would hope it would settle the midfield and bring other players in rather than one route football to Stockley. 

• edited August 2021
    If there is anything in the Ged Roddy nepotism conspiracy going on what I struggle with is the role of Nigel Adkins and up to a point Johnnie Jackson. Both are senior playing side with a lot of kudos and experience. I couldn’t see them buying into it if I’m honest. 
    What are they meant to do, stage a coup? 

People are angry with the performances and are looking for a bogeyman to direct all the blame towards. 
    You’ve totally missed the point. If as suggested there is nepotism from Roddy then I would hope those two, manager and assistant manager to say I’m not having that. What’s this coup bollox about. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!