Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Redhenry said:
    Floebot said:
    Ablie, Dobson and Gunter can't be a part of our 1st eleven. Need upgrades at each position. 
    Matthews gets away with a lot on here, the most cautious RB we have ever had
    I think he’s had to be cautious because we’ve got bugger all in front of him.
    we lose the ball and he’s out of position.
    He looked decent in the Championship.
  • I'm amazed people keep talking about we have 2 weeks to bring players in.

It's now too late.

We've had 3 months to sign players. Anyone decent who would make us a top 6 side has already been signed up.......or will cost more than TS is prepared to throw at it.

The only players coming in before Sept 1st will be loans & freebies. The loans will be mainly untried & untested like Levitt and the freebies players who have not done a pre-season so will take weeks to get match fit.
    So we dont bother to bring anyone f**king in???
    Cullen and Bielik were both signed after the start of a season weren’t they? Not sure golfie has this right.
  • edited August 2021
    In that Cawley tweet it says Ged Roddy and his recruitment team - who exactly is his team if it’s not Gallen and it’s not Adkins? Is Gladys the tea lady recommending players because ‘he looks like a nice boy’? 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Roddy is now in charge of identifying players and Gallen does the negotiations. Gallen’s role has changed which is evident from the dross we’ve signed this summer.
    No he don’t .. NA identity who he wants and SG director of football goes about getting his targets in … 
    Rich Cawley has just written exactly what @J BLOCK has said!!
    Link to where Cawley said that??

If true, Roddy needs to fuck off 
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Adkins said this to me a while back....“We’ve obviously got Steve Gallen, who is in negotiation with the players, the players’ agents and opposite clubs – because he is linked to the finances. Ged Roddy and his recruitment team identify players as part of a process as well.&quot;</p>&mdash; Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) <a href="">August 18, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Well that's a shocking move by Thomas Sandgaard with disastrous consequences. 

I've been reluctant to criticise Sandgaard, but he & Roddy need to be held accountable for that
    Yeah I know that there were roles left unfulfilled at the Valley thanks to previous incompetence

But it feels as though the role Ged Roddy has filled wasnt one of them
  • I feel pretty sure Sandgaard mentioned in an interview that it was himself, Roddy, Gallen and Adkins who identified and agreed on players. I believe he said that all 4 had to agree on a player before they went for him, which set my alarm bells ringing because Sandgaard should be nowhere near deciding if a player is or is not good enough to play.
  • Martin Boyle at Hibs has a £500k release clause in his contract, but only to English clubs. He would be a fantastic signing IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• I feel pretty sure Sandgaard mentioned in an interview that it was himself, Roddy, Gallen and Adkins who identified and agreed on players. I believe he said that all 4 had to agree on a player before they went for him, which set my alarm bells ringing because Sandgaard should be nowhere near deciding if a player is or is not good enough to play.
    I imagine that Sandgaard's part in agreeing is the financial side of things. Not their quality.
  • In that Cawley tweet it says Ged Roddy and his recruitment team - who exactly is his team if it’s not Gallen and it’s not Adkins? Is Gladys the tea lady recommending players because ‘he looks like a nice boy’? 
    I don't think he wouldn't have named Gallen separately in the previous sentence, and then not mentioned him again, if he was part of Roddy's recruitment team. 
  • Wow probably not the thread, but fuck me this is depressing 3 games in and people are writing of the new players. 
    McWhatever - He was player of the year for Portsmouth, new players in front of him and probably still needs to settle
    Dobson/Clare - Personally i feel people have been overly critical, they have the potential to be a great partnership although we need a chief play-maker to pass too
    DJ - Semi new, one game he is awful by the fans standard and the next he is dangerous and we should be passing to him more, ie. a typical winger
    Kirk- No judgement yet, 30 minutes and clearly Gunter isn't the best person to play in front of and get the ball forward. 

Facts, we still need a LB urgently, CAM urgent unless Gilbey is back very soon! We need a pacey striker to play off Stockley, as good as he has been he just doesn't have the pace so becomes predictable. Our bench is just shocking, at no point did i think we can bring on xx and they will change the game, Kirk aside. Also Back up Keeper or someone to battle McWhatever. 

TLDR- 3 games in lets not write players off, 2 weeks to go fingers crossed we get another 3/4 players in of the required quality
    Goalkeepers don't need time to settle to know where in the goal to stand. Dobson and Clare a 'great' partnership? What evidence have you seen that suggests that? 
  • F*** sake, do we really need to start posting Driesen tweets again?!!!
    Hate to say it but he’s bang on the money with that one.
    Broken clocks etc 
  • SamE7 said:
    I feel pretty sure Sandgaard mentioned in an interview that it was himself, Roddy, Gallen and Adkins who identified and agreed on players. I believe he said that all 4 had to agree on a player before they went for him, which set my alarm bells ringing because Sandgaard should be nowhere near deciding if a player is or is not good enough to play.
    I imagine that Sandgaard's part in agreeing is the financial side of things. Not their quality.
    But how is he judging the financial side of things? As an example if Roddy/Gallen say they want Kirk but he is going to cost 500,000 - then how does Sandgaard decide that its worth spending his money on that?

He should give them a budget and let them work towards that and not be involved any further in my opinion. 
  • Redhenry said:
    Floebot said:
    Ablie, Dobson and Gunter can't be a part of our 1st eleven. Need upgrades at each position. 
    Matthews gets away with a lot on here, the most cautious RB we have ever had
    Agree with that. Thought he was pretty poor against Wednesday.
  • Croydon said:
    Wow probably not the thread, but fuck me this is depressing 3 games in and people are writing of the new players. 
    McWhatever - He was player of the year for Portsmouth, new players in front of him and probably still needs to settle
    Dobson/Clare - Personally i feel people have been overly critical, they have the potential to be a great partnership although we need a chief play-maker to pass too
    DJ - Semi new, one game he is awful by the fans standard and the next he is dangerous and we should be passing to him more, ie. a typical winger
    Kirk- No judgement yet, 30 minutes and clearly Gunter isn't the best person to play in front of and get the ball forward. 

Facts, we still need a LB urgently, CAM urgent unless Gilbey is back very soon! We need a pacey striker to play off Stockley, as good as he has been he just doesn't have the pace so becomes predictable. Our bench is just shocking, at no point did i think we can bring on xx and they will change the game, Kirk aside. Also Back up Keeper or someone to battle McWhatever. 

TLDR- 3 games in lets not write players off, 2 weeks to go fingers crossed we get another 3/4 players in of the required quality
    Goalkeepers don't need time to settle to know where in the goal to stand. Dobson and Clare a 'great' partnership? What evidence have you seen that suggests that? 
    Of course they do, they need to build a partnership with the defence. They need confidence and to settle in the new club/environment, not saying every keeper needs it but its 3  games and he clearly did enough for Portsmouth and they were sad to see him go. 

Dobson, works hard, gets everywhere. Sometimes he might not be seen as much but i think he could be vital this season. Time will tell..

Clare has some touches of quality and drives us forward, again i dont think either have been standout yet but i can see them forging a partnership in the middle but we need someone to compliment them.

well see, too early to write them off in my opinion
  • SamE7 said:
    I feel pretty sure Sandgaard mentioned in an interview that it was himself, Roddy, Gallen and Adkins who identified and agreed on players. I believe he said that all 4 had to agree on a player before they went for him, which set my alarm bells ringing because Sandgaard should be nowhere near deciding if a player is or is not good enough to play.
    But how is he judging the financial side of things? As an example if Roddy/Gallen say they want Kirk but he is going to cost 500,000 - then how does Sandgaard decide that its worth spending his money on that?

He should give them a budget and let them work towards that and not be involved any further in my opinion. 
    You'd like to think he leaves the experienced professionals to make that call with the money that has been allotted 
  • Sponsored links:

• So do we have any idea who Steve Gallen was scouting last night?  He was definitely off watching someone.  If, as rumours suggested, he was at Crewe then it was a wasted journey watching Dale as he was "sick" apparently
  • Croydon said:
    Wow probably not the thread, but fuck me this is depressing 3 games in and people are writing of the new players. 

Of course they do, they need to build a partnership with the defence. They need confidence and to settle in the new club/environment, not saying every keeper needs it but its 3  games and he clearly did enough for Portsmouth and they were sad to see him go. 

Dobson, works hard, gets everywhere. Sometimes he might not be seen as much but i think he could be vital this season. Time will tell..

Clare has some touches of quality and drives us forward, again i dont think either have been standout yet but i can see them forging a partnership in the middle but we need someone to compliment them.

well see, too early to write them off in my opinion
    Needing time to gel with a defence is different to not giving a striker half your goal for a one on one.

I'm sure he'll improve but, if Bannan had scored on the opening day, then he would have been directly at fault for a goal in all 3 matches so far. 
  • Swisdom said:
    So do we have any idea who Steve Gallen was scouting last night?  He was definitely off watching someone.  If, as rumours suggested, he was at Crewe then it was a wasted journey watching Dale as he was "sick" apparently
    Definitely a wasted journey if he was in Crewe as they were away at Oxford last night.
  • There are 43 games left...chill the fuck out.

I will admit that we have moved too slowly it seems but the fact is there are still 2 weeks left to strengthen. Obviously earlier is better..no escaping that. 

What I dont like is the shit TS seems to be getting...the guy is out there and excitable for sure but he wants what is best for this club and when was the last time we had that?

Dobson and Clare are good players...3 games dont automatically make them bad without redemption and now it seems there condemned. 

Just put your adult pants on and support the team. I am confident it will get better but unfortunately there isnt any patience.

Ipswich threw money at players and it hasnt been the start they hoped... 
    there has been no evidence of that so far.
    Except against Wednesday where Dobson was good
  • RedRobin said:
    The amount of players we’ve seemingly missed out on is a joke. Scott Twine was shoulders above Albie last night, crying out for a player like him but apparently we were not in for him. Whoever is in charge of recruitment at the moment is having a mare and I highly doubt it’s Gallen!!! 
    Can only miss out if we are interested in the first  place … 

His club, do what he wants etc etc.

*Stand down everyone tongue firmly in cheek*

But, on a serious note, was it not "confirmed" that Sandgaard suggested Ronnie, with Gallen and co. Casting their eyes over and going with it. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!