Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• IR94 said:
    Well we know Gallen is good at his job so somethings changed! Geddy?  My Own thoughts are TS is on an ego trip & loves the limelight, this is fine when everything is going well but at the moment looks like an egotistical showman. Has he surrounded himself with yes men?   Maybe I’m just frustrated and pissed off! 
    Feels like NA is a bit of a yes man too, with his vast experience and contacts in the game surely he could of identified a few better players as well
    I get the impression Adkins works with what he's given. The "recruitment team" he talks about doesn't include himself.
  • Need update:

RCB not just for back up, more like 20 games.
    LB for the love of god get it done.
    CDM Dobson not good enough so far.
    CAM Morgan still squad player at the moment.
    Winger, squad back up.
    STR, as good as Stockley. 
    1) As long as Ben Watson has a contract we probably won’t use budget for a CDM. He’s one of our top earners and we’re not going to shift him.

2) Similar to the CDM scenario, we need to shift Shwartz before we sing someone. Even then, are we going to spend money on someone to watch Jayden Stockley from the bench? 
  • IR94 said:
    Well we know Gallen is good at his job so somethings changed! Geddy?  My Own thoughts are TS is on an ego trip & loves the limelight, this is fine when everything is going well but at the moment looks like an egotistical showman. Has he surrounded himself with yes men?   Maybe I’m just frustrated and pissed off! 
    Feels like NA is a bit of a yes man too, with his vast experience and contacts in the game surely he could of identified a few better players as well
    I get the impression Adkins works with what he's given. The "recruitment team" he talks about doesn't include himself.

Well maybe he needs to assert himself more and make it clear that if he’s expected to do a job then he needs to be given the tools to make it work. His reputation is at stake as much as anything else.
  • It seems we focused more on a rock song than actually putting together a promotion winning squad. 

• edited August 2021
    Don't really know what Roddy's achieved in football?
    Had a good run on the FA/Premier league Gravy train but that's about it I think.
  • If Sandgaard ran around the pitch naked, bar his guitar playing the Telly Tubbies theme, I would have liked it if we had a decent squad. It was so innapropriate playing his song with the squad we have and it probably highlights his lack of knowledge in terms of football. Not sure why people at the club wouldn't have explained it to him though. This start surely can't be seen as a surprise or I would be really worried.
  • Don't really know what Roddy's achieved in football?
    Had a good run on the FA/Premier league Gravy train but that's about it I think.
    I’m sure something happened with the FA that made him leave under a cloud 
  • They are probably seeking a scapegoat to be fair.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    TeeC said:
    is there actually any basis for Roddy being a problem or are people just putting two and two together? 
    I always thought, due to the slight ambiguity of his role, that people were just using him as an easy target to point towards when things were not going well (as this has pretty much happened since his appointment).

Now I'm starting to feel like there's no smoke without fire. 
  • Something isn’t right, no way.
  • We need a couple of decent prem CM loans which is possible but certainly not an ideal position to be in. The working assumption has to be we will be without Gilbey and JFC for a long enough as to be not considered part of the squad. Dobson and Clare are both write offs for now which so early is remarkable and unprecedented since I’ve been watching for 30 years. Clare is elegant at times but he just hasn’t been in any of the games and Dobson just doesn’t move well enough. 
  • TeeC said:
    is there actually any basis for Roddy being a problem or are people just putting two and two together? 
    I always thought, due to the slight ambiguity of his role, that people were just using him as an easy target to point towards when things were not going well (as this has pretty much happened since his appointment).

Now I'm starting to feel like there's no smoke without fire. 
    I am slightly unnerved that the Kirk signing didn’t get the standard SG ‘we’re really pleased to have got him’ signing video. May be nothing but they always love that content (as do I)
  • TeeC said:
     Yes . Jacob Roddy is in the squad because of his dad, not because of his ability. 
    Confirmed or just your interpretation?
  • TeeC said:
    He said it himself. He will be involved with helping Gallen to get players in. Assist Adkins on the first team and have big involvement with Avory at the Academy. He's involved. No doubt about it.

When things are on the up I'm sure he'll get the plaudits. But as starts go,it ain't looking too great is it?
  • I would love to know why we were never in for Scott Twine (I think I recall Cawley saying he was never a target). We still need a player in his position. Right age, division form, upward scope. Don't get it.
    Especially as the team have been working day and night on signings 
  • Sage said:
    More I think of it, the more I feel we need 8 players. We are that far off it.

Goalkeeper - competition for MacGillivray

Centre back - Inniss can’t play as often as we’d like. Elewere is a prospect but let the lad develop naturally. Centre back is brutal position if you are not ready

Left back - Must be attacking or it’s pointless. Don’t want to see Gunter or Matthews play there. I like Purrington when he’s fit, but he is not the attacking option we will need

Central midfielder - Someone who can pass and win the ball, basically a Cullen type but that’s hard to find. There has to be someone about though 

Creative midfielder - Desperately need a new number 10, chances are a premium and no club achieves success like that. Good teams in this league have a good number 10, we’ve played 2 already and it shows

Winger - We have two. One is new and dealing with personal issues which is more than fair, the other blows hot and cold and hasn’t really done enough overall. They need competition

Forward/Wide Attacker - Leko/Grant type. Someone with pace who will either get in behind, stretch defences, or make them drop off to allow the space in midfield to play

Striker - Stockley and that’s it? We haven’t replaced Aneke and that’s a huge problem. Washington I’d have involved but we are not playing with two up front. Beyond these two, Schwartz has yet to prove anything and it’s been tough for him, and Davison is simply not good enough
    Spot on here
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

Centre back - Inniss can’t play as often as we’d like. Elewere is a prospect but let the lad develop naturally. Centre back is brutal position if you are not ready

Left back - Must be attacking or it’s pointless. Don’t want to see Gunter or Matthews play there. I like Purrington when he’s fit, but he is not the attacking option we will need

Central midfielder - Someone who can pass and win the ball, basically a Cullen type but that’s hard to find. There has to be someone about though 

Creative midfielder - Desperately need a new number 10, chances are a premium and no club achieves success like that. Good teams in this league have a good number 10, we’ve played 2 already and it shows

Winger - We have two. One is new and dealing with personal issues which is more than fair, the other blows hot and cold and hasn’t really done enough overall. They need competition

Forward/Wide Attacker - Leko/Grant type. Someone with pace who will either get in behind, stretch defences, or make them drop off to allow the space in midfield to play

Striker - Stockley and that’s it? We haven’t replaced Aneke and that’s a huge problem. Washington I’d have involved but we are not playing with two up front. Beyond these two, Schwartz has yet to prove anything and it’s been tough for him, and Davison is simply not good enough
    100% what we need but won’t get. 
  • Sage said:

Now my turn to play FM/FIFA and be unrealistic, but…

Goalkeeper - Henderson

Centre Back - Tucker

Attacking Left Back - Loanee

Central midfielder - Loanee

Creative midfielder- Loanee

Winger - Sims

Forward/Wide Attacker - Blackett-Taylor? Know nothing about him but we’re linked and he is wide player who is very fast and unpredictable 

Striker - Jephcott
  • When you look at CMs we've had in the past the likes of Danny Hollands, Dale Stephens, Josh Cullen, Joe Aribo etc and you look at what we have in CM presently it's no suprise that teams just seem to pass through us and that we can't seem to keep possession  and be an attacking threat. 
        We need the quality that we have had in these past teams in league 1 to realistically have any chance of challenging for a promotion chasing side.
       Add to that at least one more quality striker the likes of Bart Williams or Lyle Taylor, not to mention defenders and a decent GK.
       Compared to passed league 1 players that we have had at the club we are nowhere near the quality needed, in fact we're miles away from it.
       I don't think TS gets it and whatever the recruitment squad are up to is anybodys guess.
       Can't help thinking that too much energy, ideas and investment has been put into other areas of the club and not enough into the 1st team squad ; a promotion challenging squad should have something about it that other teams fear or respect as was the case under Powells and Bowyers promotion winning league 1 teams. I can't say the same for the current squad and think TS, NA,JR and the rest need to take a good look at those 2 teams and learn a few truths.
  • edited August 2021
    Hmmm is that a bloke saying ‘I know it’s fucking obvious but tell him that!?’

‘Answering your question, there’s a lot of players that we like out there. So, who knows.’

who knows?!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!