Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Could be and probably are getting this totally wrong but the ‘we’ve looked at lots of players but who knows’ sounds like Adkins isn’t getting the ones he wants and is frustrated. That could be it’s hard to do deals, although that seems unlikely when you look at signings made by our rivals. Or is Thomas refusing to pay bucks for the best players? Clare and Dobson would suggest so. This Tranmere reject adds to that. 

• Need update:

RCB not just for back up, more like 20 games.
    LB for the love of god get it done.
    CDM Dobson not good enough so far.
    CAM Morgan still squad player at the moment.
    Winger, squad back up.
    STR, as good as Stockley. 
    1) As long as Ben Watson has a contract we probably won’t use budget for a CDM. He’s one of our top earners and we’re not going to shift him.

2) Similar to the CDM scenario, we need to shift Shwartz before we sing someone. Even then, are we going to spend money on someone to watch Jayden Stockley from the bench? 
    No we don't need a striker to watch Stockley from the bench, we need a striker that Stockley will be watching
  • LouisMend said:
    "He did very well when he was at Aston Villa"?!

What, in the 3 minutes he played in the league for them, or the one Cup appearance?

Not saying he might not be any good, I've no idea either way, but surely you'd mention how he's done where he's actually played?
  • LouisMend said:

What, in the 3 minutes he played in the league for them, or the one Cup appearance?

Not saying he might not be any good, I've no idea either way, but surely you'd mention how he's done where he's actually played?
    To me that sounds like a manager who was told at around 6pm this evening who he is & who he's played for in the past.
  • LouisMend said:

To me that sounds like a manager who was told at around 6pm this evening who he is & who he's played for in the past.
    Exactly.

They've told him they are looking at a kid at Tranmere who was at Villa and played for England at youth levels and so it's "did well at Villa & England".
  • I said on the other thread that MKD's front 3 were all realistic targets for us, and would have added some real quality and depth to the squad. And been ready for the start of the season, not September

Yes it's early days, but we're 8 points behind Pompey and Burton already
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    Left back… Conor Grant at Plymouth. Exactly the sort of option we need - link up play with Kirk would be sublime, not to mention he takes a half decent set piece with his left peg. Someone in the press please print it so it’s an official rumour and not just my wishlist. Thanks.
  • Genuinely think we're 7 or 8 players short, but we won't get that many in.

A Centre back, Attacking midfielder, winger & striker are a must.

Any more than that is a bonus 
  • what happened to Gomes ? 
  • Genuinely think we're 7 or 8 players short, but we won't get that many in.

A Centre back, Attacking midfielder, winger & striker are a must.

Any more than that is a bonus 
    A good attacking left back is the one that should have been in the door a month ago,
    we need another 6/7 probably will end up with 4 or 5 and it won’t be enough,
    gutted really because if we bought right we really could have rode the wave of finishing last season on a high and with sandgaard at the valley. All a bit depressing.
  • Maccn05 said:
    I remember lots of people on here saying Eisa was rubbish and glad we didn’t sign him! Could be some egg on faces tonight. I think he’s just what we’re missing.

Whatever is going on something isn’t right in the camp. Have a gut feel Adkins will walk before long.
    I said he was shit and stand by what I said

He scored from close in and put several shots miles over the top..

• redbuttle said:
    Maccn05 said:
    I remember lots of people on here saying Eisa was rubbish and glad we didn’t sign him! Could be some egg on faces tonight. I think he’s just what we’re missing.

Whatever is going on something isn’t right in the camp. Have a gut feel Adkins will walk before long.
    I said he was shit and stand by what I said

He scored from close in and put several shots miles over the top..

Yeah, out of the front 3 for me Eisa was by far the weakest link. Half way through that game I was thinking maybe Tommy D was onto something.

But I guess at the end of the day he was in the right place at the right time and scored the decisive goal. 

• Talking of Tommy D. This was from July
  • LouisMend said:

ITS CLEAR WE NEED AT LEAST SIX PLAYERS 

Stockley needs a strike partner 
    Washington won’t last the season 

Innis won’t play every game

we need:
    2 x Strikers 
    1 x DM 
    1 x M creative attacking
    1 x LB
    1 x CB

What happens if Stockley gets injured ? All we have is Josh 

any football team needs at least 4 strikers
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    I said on the other thread that MKD's front 3 were all realistic targets for us, and would have added some real quality and depth to the squad. And been ready for the start of the season, not September

Yes it's early days, but we're 8 points behind Pompey and Burton already
    I cant see any hope of us competing near the top, in fact i'm so disillusioned I doubt if I can be arsed to go Saturday. I looked at the score at half time (on my phone last night at work), saw we were behind and knew that was it, couldn't even be bothered to check the score on R5 driving home. We're a boring, fragile, one dimensional team with no skill or excitement. Is it too early to ask for a refund on my season ticket?
  • ct_addick said:
    what happened to Gomes ? 
    Couldnt do any worse than our current midfield generals
  • edited August 2021
    I honestly think Clare and Dobson have potential we just need a few tweaks and quite a few more players. Yet again we have players out of position, our starting lefthand side was makeshift again.  Bring in a leftback, another midfielder (preferably two), another wide player to challenge those there and a decent option up top, plus strengthen the bench. Then when they have gelled, probably November at this rate, we will start to look good.
  • edited August 2021
    cfgs said:
    I honestly think Clare and Dobson have potential we just need a few tweaks and quite a few more players. Yet again we have players out of position, our starting lefthand side was makeshift again.  Bring in a leftback, another midfielder (preferably two), another wide player to challenge those there and a decent option up top, plus strengthen the bench. Then when they have gelled, probably November at this rate, we will start to look good.
    I also have potential, but it ain't never gonna happen! 

• F*** sake, do we really need to start posting Driesen tweets again?!!!
    Hate to say it but he’s bang on the money with that one.
    Let’s give players a chance Dobson was mom v Sheff and done  his job last night … Clare was our best player last night by a mile yet they get attacked why … this is Charlton they are now our players young players let’s get behind them and support them …..

Clare was vastly improved on his performance from Oxford but that is not not saying much.  He was still a long way off being our best player (in a side that was overall dreadful)
  • We can all see we need 5+ Quality signings to come straight into the 1st team, but can they actually happen now. It's certainly not too late to make 5+ signings but where do we find the quality ones at such a late stage of the transfer window?
  • What about Stockley if your attacking anyone he missed two sitters now that would have changed the whole start to the season ?? But there no mention of him …
    ITS ONLY THREE GAMES .. look at Oxford last season in Nov after 14 games they were 10 points of play offs where did they finish ? Sheff Utd got 6 points out of first 15 yet still finished with over 100 points … 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!