Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Ferryman said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨RUMOUR 🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

He is rapid 
    Probably an upgrade on Ghandour and Clayden, but if we gamble on him not worth more than a one year deal IMO. Saw him for Tranmere against Morecombe, had some good moments with some Chucks style battering ram element.
    According to Wikipedia, he’s 5ft 7. You sure you are talking about the right player?
  • Only thing I know about Blackett-Taylor is that he is absolutely lightening quick.
  • Only thing I know about Blackett-Taylor is that he is absolutely lightening quick.
    If this is the case, does address an area we are lacking. Could be useful impact sub.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Blackett-Taylor sounds like a player with the talent but not the attitude. That's pretty much what Adkins is for though, isn't it? A supportive manager who can bring the best out of him sounds like exactly what he needs. There are plenty who wish that Adkins had been around for Williams and Maddison, so getting in talent that needs his head sorting should be a good thing for us.
    Was Adkins the manager that couldn't manage Puncheon at Southampton.   I honestly can't remember. 
    I can't remember either, but he made Guly do Prado look like a footballer so there's that
    Just not when in possession of a football. 
  • Couple of weeks until the window slams shut and I’m hopeful we’ll be impressed but can’t say I’m confident.
     I'm concerned. However,a mate of mine who has a bit of an ear with the club isn't.
    Reckons Gallen is confident of getting some good quality through the door before the close. Thinks it may go to the wire as he thinks we've missed out on a few gooduns in the past right at the end of windows past because Duchatelet would never stump up.
    Hopefully TS is a bit looser with the purse strings?
    That's literally what Steve Gallen and Thomas Sandgaard have said. I don't know why this is going round and round in circles discussing the same points
  • Couple of weeks until the window slams shut and I’m hopeful we’ll be impressed but can’t say I’m confident.
     I'm concerned. However,a mate of mine who has a bit of an ear with the club isn't.
    Reckons Gallen is confident of getting some good quality through the door before the close. Thinks it may go to the wire as he thinks we've missed out on a few gooduns in the past right at the end of windows past because Duchatelet would never stump up.
    It's the hope that kills you.
  • SamE7 said:
    Couple of weeks until the window slams shut and I’m hopeful we’ll be impressed but can’t say I’m confident.
    That's literally what Steve Gallen and Thomas Sandgaard have said. I don't know why this is going round and round in circles discussing the same points
    You’ve just added to the circle.
  • is a circle an infinite number of points joined together or a finite number of fatter dots that appear to be conjoined? 

Of the latter what happens if someone else adds a point that crosses over the previous points made, does that make that part of the circle more worthy ore value than where the points barely touch? 
  • Sponsored links:

As Dennis Rommedahl proved, a good amount of pace can definitely take you an incredibly long way.

(See also: David Odonkor; Bebe, Jesper Gronkjaer)
  • I can't quite work out why Cawley has been allowed to make this one public.

It's either because it's a done deal or the players agent needs exposure and he recently had a trial with us or perhaps he's been allowed to put it in the public domain to show another winger (and their agent/club) that if he doesn't hurry up and make a decision then we've got back up options.
    Or if you want to be cynical, release a story to keep the fans happy. ‘Look, we are doing something….’
    If that was the case, wouldn’t you go for something a bit more ambitious than an unattached winger no one has heard of?
    What I posted a couple mins after when someone mentioned the same thing as you…
    I can't quite work out why Cawley has been allowed to make this one public.

It's either because it's a done deal or the players agent needs exposure and he recently had a trial with us or perhaps he's been allowed to put it in the public domain to show another winger (and their agent/club) that if he doesn't hurry up and make a decision then we've got back up options.
    Or if you want to be cynical, release a story to keep the fans happy. ‘Look, we are doing something….’
    I think if it was cynical on the club's part, you'd think they would go all in and put out a story about a top end L1 / Championship calibre player like Owen Dale. Would be a bizarre move to make up a rumour about someone who is moving on from League Two.
    But if this doesn’t come off then the fans aren’t gonna be bothered. Imagine with the state of some of our fans that we released a story about trying to get Dale and it didn’t happen. 

Btw I’m in no way saying I think this is actually what’s happened. I’m just suggesting another reason that Cawley was able to go public.

Wait until the last minute...then overpay...
  • Blackett-Taylor baby, Blackett-Taylor whoah

At least we have a ready made song for him
  • Looks to me like his first touch forced him right across the pitch. Very good recovery mind.
  • Squad player, adds depth, so there's that at least. 

If it comes off I hope it's not at the expense of signing a more creative CM/CAM. 
  • Blackett-Taylor. Purple no. 23. https://youtu.be/cuCrfOuIrzs
  • Squad player, adds depth, so there's that at least. 

If it comes off I hope it's not at the expense of signing a more creative CM/CAM. 
    The reason I liked the Aribo/ Cullen/ Bielik midfield was that they could do a bit of everything.  I’m not expecting players that good but I would like to have a more fluid system rather than this incredibly rigid 433/ 4231 that Adkins has employed so far . 
  • edited August 2021
    wmcf123 said:
    Squad player, adds depth, so there's that at least. 

The reason I liked the Aribo/ Cullen/ Bielik midfield was that they could do a bit of everything.  I’m not expecting players that good but I would like to have a more fluid system rather than this incredibly rigid 433/ 4231 that Adkins has employed so far . 
    But then everyone slaged off the diamond.... 
  • Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:

You say you don’t expect players that good - but I have to ask why not? We had players that good under much worse ownership and whilst playing in league one.

I don’t see a reason why we shouldn’t expect a team at least as good as the previous ownership managed.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    wmcf123 said:

But the everyone slaged off the diamond.... 
    Did they ? It was hard work for the outside 2, but it was a lot better than this dross.  
  • edited August 2021
    Know nothing of Blackett-Taylor but DJ needs competition to get the best out of him, sounds like this fella does too.  Maybe them both fighting for a spot may make both of them better.
  • wmcf123 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    wmcf123 said:

Did they ? It was hard work for the outside 2, but it was a lot better than this dross.  
    It’s only been two games and we still havnt got a full squad, the end of last season was fine. 
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Only thing I know about Blackett-Taylor is that he is absolutely lightening quick.
    As Dennis Rommedahl proved, a good amount of pace can definitely take you an incredibly long way.

Just not in a Charlton shirt .
    Oi he's a cult hero like Luke Varney
  • wmcf123 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    wmcf123 said:

Yes dozens of people on here last season were sick of it and hoped to never see it again. 
  • Was being linked with Millwall and Swansea last year so might have potential. Plays a bit like Mark Marshall in those clips. 
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Only thing I know about Blackett-Taylor is that he is absolutely lightening quick.

Just not in a Charlton shirt .
    Dennis in the last minute. 
    Scenes. 
  • Crispy said:
    Blackett-Taylor. Purple no. 23. https://youtu.be/cuCrfOuIrzs

All I'm thinking is how did Coventry not win that game?!
    Same here. Looked like one of the most one sided game ever. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!