Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    ColinTat said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Painfully quite 
    Or....maybe......just maybe.....they are working on things behind the scenes and keeping the cards close to there chest...
    Ah yes, just like throughout the summer where we've been overloaded with signings that came without even a rumour. 
    Do we need to know as fans? We have no right to that.

Id much rather they just got on with it instead of flapping there gums about this and that. 

Anyway...even if there was rumour to be shared on here, people are mostly avoiding it because if it doesnt come off they get beasted. 

Just support the players we have for now instead of moaning.
    That's not really the point.

The point is that we are 5/6 players short and except the Henderson rumour we have little else. How often have we signed a player totally out of the blue with not one rumour of interest before hand? It can't be many and certainly with the amount of players we need to challenge, I would expect more. 

I don't think there was any mention of Clare until the team talk article 

https://the72.co.uk/242656/charlton-athletic-poised-to-sign-sean-clare-from-oxford-united/
    "as per a report by teamtalk'
    So it confirmed he was rumoured before he was signed then... 
    Less than 24 hours before.

There wasn't any ITK whispers at all.  Which was my point. 
    So there was a rumour he signed before he did.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    ColinTat said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Painfully quite 
    Or....maybe......just maybe.....they are working on things behind the scenes and keeping the cards close to there chest...
    Ah yes, just like throughout the summer where we've been overloaded with signings that came without even a rumour. 

Id much rather they just got on with it instead of flapping there gums about this and that. 

Anyway...even if there was rumour to be shared on here, people are mostly avoiding it because if it doesnt come off they get beasted. 

The point is that we are 5/6 players short and except the Henderson rumour we have little else. How often have we signed a player totally out of the blue with not one rumour of interest before hand? It can't be many and certainly with the amount of players we need to challenge, I would expect more. 

https://the72.co.uk/242656/charlton-athletic-poised-to-sign-sean-clare-from-oxford-united/

Well I don't know what time he signed, do you?  The article appeared in the morning and he was announced in the afternoon.  Maybe he had signed by the time the article appeared.  Your being pedantic now. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    ColinTat said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Painfully quite 

Well I don't know what time he signed, do you?  The article appeared in the morning and he was announced in the afternoon.  Maybe he had signed by the time the article appeared.  Your being pedantic now. 
    Fella, he was rumoured to sign before he did, you have proved my point. Stop fighting it. 
  • Reading in to it it looks like Tranmere are due compensation if he signs for anyone which stopped Wigan doing a deal with him. Seen a few tranmere fans say he’s got potential and has the odd good game but just doesn’t have the motivation to do it often enough. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨RUMOUR 🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

He is rapid 
  • RedRobin said:
    From another forum but Gallen is apparently back up Crewe today…….

Lowery maybe? 
    There is a historic railway station and a railway museum in Crewe. Say no more ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• an amicable and sensible resolution would be to sell him to us. Hopefully 

Crewe trying to Klingon to him?
  • Tranmere fans say he plays well when he can be bothered, which works out about once every 5 games. Sounds like twice as motivated as a typical Charlton winger 
  • Tranmere fans say he plays well when he can be bothered, which works out about once every 5 games. Sounds like a typical winger.

• Sean clare WAS mentioned before he signed for us by no less than me on page 402.But like everything else out came the bully boys rubbished it.
  • I can't quite work out why Cawley has been allowed to make this one public.

It's either because it's a done deal or the players agent needs exposure and he recently had a trial with us or perhaps he's been allowed to put it in the public domain to show another winger (and their agent/club) that if he doesn't hurry up and make a decision then we've got back up options.
  • Sponsored links:

• Imagine he'll come in more as a backup rather than as someone who expects to start every week.

So whilst I'll hope that he can push Kirk and Jaiyesimi for a place in the starting line up - I wouldnt expect him to be getting in ahead of them on a regular basis unless form plays a part... After all, we didnt pay around £800k for those two to sit on the bench themselves every week - You'd just hope he's a better winger option than Washington / Clayden.

It's either because it's a done deal or the players agent needs exposure and he recently had a trial with us or perhaps he's been allowed to put it in the public domain to show another winger (and their agent/club) that if he doesn't hurry up and make a decision then we've got back up options.
    Or if you want to be cynical, release a story to keep the fans happy. ‘Look, we are doing something….’
  • Tranmere fans say he plays well when he can be bothered, which works out about once every 5 games. Sounds like a typical Charlton winger.
    Yep, it sounds like every Charlton winger since and not including Colin Powell.
  • edited August 2021
    Reading in to it it looks like Tranmere are due compensation if he signs for anyone which stopped Wigan doing a deal with him. Seen a few tranmere fans say he’s got potential and has the odd good game but just doesn’t have the motivation to do it often enough
    Sounds great...
  • Addicks59 said:
    Sean clare WAS mentioned before he signed for us by no less than me on page 402.But like everything else out came the bully boys rubbished it.
    Addicks59 → Cafc43v3r
    Wrong again ist time clare was mentioned was on page397 by charlton hero if you constancely going to correct me GET your facts right now piss off to the other site you are on and keep off my comments you prick.
     1Like 10LOL

Make your mind up...... 
  • edited August 2021
    Its worth noting that Keith Hill (the Tranmere Manager) was extremely unpopular there last season.

Was so unpopular he got sacked just prior to their Play-Off campaign

So can question if he was partly responsible for being unable to motivate the player - Havent we seen it here recently?
  • Addicks59 said:
    Sean clare has signed reported on team talk.
    Or do you mean this little exclusive?

• edited August 2021
    I can't quite work out why Cawley has been allowed to make this one public.

Or if you want to be cynical, release a story to keep the fans happy. ‘Look, we are doing something….’
    I think if it was cynical on the club's part, you'd think they would go all in and put out a story about a top end L1 / Championship calibre player like Owen Dale. Would be a bizarre move to make up a rumour about someone who is moving on from League Two.
  • An erratic attacking player? With our fans? "Mr Gorbachev, tear down this winger!" 

I think if it was cynical on the club's part, you'd think they would go all in and put out a story about a top end L1 / Championship calibre player like Owen Dale. Would be a bizarre move to make up a rumour about someone who is moving on from League Two.
    And a player released by their club and not exactly one of their top stars at that.

Other way to look at it perhaps is the top league 1 / champ calibre players are the ones they need to keep quiet due to greater chance of being poached by another club.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!