Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• In reply to forever addicted we have an offer for tucker on the table but as we all know the valuation gills have placed on him it will happen hopefully.As for mullins we enquired but his agent blew that one out of the window these things happen in football nailed on one minute blown out the next 
  • Any competition for DJ is welcome. Who hasn't shown much so far 
  • edited August 2021
    I can't quite work out why Cawley has been allowed to make this one public.

It's either because it's a done deal or the players agent needs exposure and he recently had a trial with us or perhaps he's been allowed to put it in the public domain to show another winger (and their agent/club) that if he doesn't hurry up and make a decision then we've got back up options.
    Or if you want to be cynical, release a story to keep the fans happy. ‘Look, we are doing something….’
    I think if it was cynical on the club's part, you'd think they would go all in and put out a story about a top end L1 / Championship calibre player like Owen Dale. Would be a bizarre move to make up a rumour about someone who is moving on from League Two.
    Well TS did say we would be signing players for depth now. This guy definitely looks like a squad player. 
  • edited August 2021

It's either because it's a done deal or the players agent needs exposure and he recently had a trial with us or perhaps he's been allowed to put it in the public domain to show another winger (and their agent/club) that if he doesn't hurry up and make a decision then we've got back up options.
    Or if you want to be cynical, release a story to keep the fans happy. ‘Look, we are doing something….’
    I think if it was cynical on the club's part, you'd think they would go all in and put out a story about a top end L1 / Championship calibre player like Owen Dale. Would be a bizarre move to make up a rumour about someone who is moving on from League Two.
    But if this doesn’t come off then the fans aren’t gonna be bothered. Imagine with the state of some of our fans that we released a story about trying to get Dale and it didn’t happen. 

Btw I’m in no way saying I think this is actually what’s happened. I’m just suggesting another reason that Cawley was able to go public.
  • Addicks59 said:
    In reply to forever addicted we have an offer for tucker on the table but as we all know the valuation gills have placed on him it will happen hopefully.As for mullins we enquired but his agent blew that one out of the window these things happen in football nailed on one minute blown out the next 
    Neither of those sound like they were ever close to nailed on though from your own description. Sounds like we didn't get to actually communicating with the player in either cases to me
  • edited August 2021

And a player released by their club and not exactly one of their top stars at that.

Other way to look at it perhaps is the top league 1 / champ calibre players are the ones they need to keep quiet due to greater chance of being poached by another club.
    Was he released, or did he refuse to sign a new Contract? - Especially if clubs like Charlton / Wigan are showing interest - Lyle Taylor was released by us, not because we wanted to release him though.

If the rumours are true and Wigan didnt want to pay the compensation - It says to me says that they offered him a new deal, which he turned down. Because its exactly why Oxford had to pay us compensation for the released Tariqe Fosu.

If Tranmere released him themselves, I understand they'd be entitled to no compensation.
  • Highly rated as a youngster and at 23 needs to make his next move impactful. 

At this point, I’m just grateful for the bodies 
  • It sounds like Clayden and Ghandour aren't ready yet and we need some depth on the wings. I'd take him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonder where it all went wrong for Blackett-Taylor? Maybe there is something in the 'lack of motivation' at Tranmere. His wiki said he played for England U19s and scored 2 in 4 at the age of just 16. Now you must be fairly decent to be that far ahead of your age group.
  • Blackett-Taylor sounds like your typical lower league winger , when he's on it he's brilliant but the rest of the time he doesn't do much. We do badly need depth behind Kirk and DJ if Clayden isn't deemed ready. 

Slight concern about " Motivation issues" but that could just be Keith Hill related. 
  • Tommy Lowery Signed a new 1 year contract at Crewe in May so where did you get this story from ?!?! 
  • the nose is different so its a no from me 
  • Tommy Lowery Signed a new 1 year contract at Crewe in May so where did you get this story from ?!?! 
    errr this 
    https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/crewe-alexandra-tom-lowery-contract-21217853 
    Not unless he had a time machine he didn't

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/crewe-alexandra-tom-lowery-contract-21217853 
  • Its worth noting that Keith Hill (the Tranmere Manager) was extremely unpopular there last season.

Was so unpopular he got sacked just prior to their Play-Off campaign

So can question if he was partly responsible for being unable to motivate the player - Havent we seen it here recently?
    Very good point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tranmere fans say he plays well when he can be bothered, which works out about once every 5 games. Sounds like a typical Charlton winger.
    Not good enough for a top league 1 team pushing for promotion we need better !!
    This is what happens when you are late to the boxing day sales. All that is left is what no-one else wants. Or damaged goods at the bottom of the bargain bins. 
  • I can't quite work out why Cawley has been allowed to make this one public.

This in spades. 
  • Addicks59 said:
    Sean clare WAS mentioned before he signed for us by no less than me on page 402.But like everything else out came the bully boys rubbished it.
    Bully boys? Stop feeling sorry for yourself. You've posted a load of rumours of which very few were anything like accurate. You posted about Clare after it had been speculated on all morning. A bit like me coming on now saying Blackett-Taylor is a target, it was hardly breaking news. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

?? 
    Separated at birth... 
  • I can't quite work out why Cawley has been allowed to make this one public.

If that was the case, wouldn’t you go for something a bit more ambitious than an unattached winger no one has heard of?
  • No idea about Blackett-Taylor but it’s not a name that’s sets the pulse racing is it. 
  • Addicks59 said:
    In reply to forever addicted we have an offer for tucker on the table but as we all know the valuation gills have placed on him it will happen hopefully.As for mullins we enquired but his agent blew that one out of the window these things happen in football nailed on one minute blown out the next 
    Neither of those sound like they were ever close to nailed on though from your own description. Sounds like we didn't get to actually communicating with the player in either cases to me
    Cawley said we had no interest in Mullin. Correct spelling.
    Addicks59 said we wanted Mullins. Incorrect spelling.
    I believe Cawley.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!