Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• J BLOCK said:
    Painfully quite 
    Quite what? ;-)
  • Yann897 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Squad player, adds depth, so there's that at least. 

If it comes off I hope it's not at the expense of signing a more creative CM/CAM. 
    The reason I liked the Aribo/ Cullen/ Bielik midfield was that they could do a bit of everything.  I’m not expecting players that good but I would like to have a more fluid system rather than this incredibly rigid 433/ 4231 that Adkins has employed so far . 
    But the everyone slaged off the diamond.... 
    Did they ? It was hard work for the outside 2, but it was a lot better than this dross.  
    It’s only been two games and we still havnt got a full squad, the end of last season was fine. 
    I don’t deny that but I’m not sure our current XI is any worse than that and therefore we are missing Aneke as a bench option . 
  • No Dale in the Crewe squad tonight ???
  • edited August 2021
    No Dale in the Crewe squad tonight ???

Seems he’s ill
  • Floebot said:
    Ablie, Dobson and Gunter can't be a part of our 1st eleven. Need upgrades at each position. 
    Say it louder! 
  • Sponsored links:

• We are in desperate need of 3-4 quality additions. We look to have no real quality in key areas, especially midfield. Defence looks disjointed also, left back needs to be addressed. 
  • Why was Ged Roddy sacked @ Reading?

Says it all about someone within Football if you manage to get the sack!!
  • Anyone with a bit of pace please. Crying out for something different to a long ball to Stockley 
  • Also been quiet, but please can we sign anyone. Just anyone. For the love of god. 
  • 2121 said:
    Also been quiet, but please can we sign anyone. Just anyone. For the love of god. 
    Winger from League 2 incoming
    What's the point of having loads of wingers and only one centre forward.

This system isn't working, change it before we get relegated. Simples!

As the great Mike Bassett said I will be playing 4 4 f**king 2!

Please buy a striker so Stockley has some help!
  • Quite frankly, fuck rumours, we need confirmation of five quality signings before the window shuts or our season is a write off before it’s even begun. Sadly, I don’t see it happening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Need update:

RCB not just for back up, more like 20 games.
    LB for the love of god get it done.
    CDM Dobson not good enough so far.
    CAM Morgan still squad player at the moment.
    Winger, squad back up.
    STR, as good as Stockley. 
    Agree but think we need two wingers and two strikers.  Schwartz and Davison are miles off good enough and I don't think Washington is up to it either.  One striker to play with Stockley and mix it up occasionally and one as back up.
  • edited August 2021
    We need another goalkeeper, a centre back, a left back, a defensive midfielder, an attacking central midfielder, a quick striker.

We'll get half of that at best, and they'll be squad quality rather than starters.

I wasn't an earlier worrier back in June etc, but I've steadily got there and joined those who were.
  • Well we know Gallen is good at his job so somethings changed! Geddy?  My Own thoughts are TS is on an ego trip & loves the limelight, this is fine when everything is going well but at the moment looks like an egotistical showman. Has he surrounded himself with yes men?   Maybe I’m just frustrated and pissed off! 
  • Need a left back and a winger before Saturday. 
  • Need update:

RCB not just for back up, more like 20 games.
    LB for the love of god get it done.
    CDM Dobson not good enough so far.
    CAM Morgan still squad player at the moment.
    Winger, squad back up.
    STR, as good as Stockley. 
    Agree but think we need two wingers and two strikers.  Schwartz and Davison are miles off good enough and I don't think Washington is up to it either.  One striker to play with Stockley and mix it up occasionally and one as back up.
    If we play 433 no way are we going to even think about two more wingers and two more strikers. I would probably sign 3 (2 wingers and 1 striker) but I think we'll just get one of each. 

Think you're being a bit harsh on Washington, he's a decent player but he's not a 433 player. Think he'll play his part this season. 
  • Well we know Gallen is good at his job so somethings changed! Geddy?  My Own thoughts are TS is on an ego trip & loves the limelight, this is fine when everything is going well but at the moment looks like an egotistical showman. Has he surrounded himself with yes men?   Maybe I’m just frustrated and pissed off! 
    Really? 
    Whilst he has brought in some good players, his record is pretty average and very much a scattergun approach! 

Truly believe he only is seen as a positive, as he comes after & is compared to dreisen! 

Compared to Phil chapel - he isn’t much better, but has had a considerable amount more budget!!
  • I'm not going to judge Gallen too much because I don't know who is identifying the players but if he recommended signing Clare and Dobson then no, he isn't good enough. Sunderland gave Dobson away while he was under contract, tells you what you need to know. Clare couldn't get into the Oxford team, we paid for that guy. 
    whoever did the recruitment to sign these 2 and think they were promotion level players needs to be sacked, they've not shown anything for us or former clubs to show they are anywhere near the level
    Feels like NA is a bit of a yes man too, with his vast experience and contacts in the game surely he could of identified a few better players as well
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!