Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• If Sandgaard ran around the pitch naked, bar his guitar playing the Telly Tubbies theme, I would have liked it if we had a decent squad. It was so innapropriate playing his song with the squad we have and it probably highlights his lack of knowledge in terms of football. Not sure why people at the club wouldn't have explained it to him though. This start surely can't be seen as a surprise or I would be really worried.

• edited August 2021
    Quote above from one my favourite baseball films The Bull Durham sums it up. You can do things like guitar stuff when you're winning, but when you losing it looks cringe and awful sadly thats how it goes. Think the honeymoon period is over for TS now, just hope he learns from mistakes. 
  • Redhenry said:
    Floebot said:
    Ablie, Dobson and Gunter can't be a part of our 1st eleven. Need upgrades at each position. 
    Matthews gets away with a lot on here, the most cautious RB we have ever had
    He actually made it into the MK Dons half yesterday, so a slight improvement from Saturday at least
  • Not a rumour but I expect us to sign someone before Wigan (probably wishful thinking on my part)
  • TeeC said:

Talking of Tommy D. This was from July
    FFS Why are people asking that 2 Bob c*nt for an opinion.
    Get a life

• Sponsored links:

• ct_addick said:
    what happened to Gomes ? 
    We will probably get him on deadline day, when we are desperate. And of course, he won’t be match fit.
  • Wonder if at any point before the window TS realises he’s not pumped enough into the squad and gives Gallen/Roddy another cash reserve to play with.  Surely Adkins makes his feelings known after last night.  
  • Wonder if at any point before the window TS realises he’s not pumped enough into the squad and gives Gallen/Roddy another cash reserve to play with.  Surely Adkins makes his feelings known after last night.  
    We can hope. Just seems mad to me that we've left the bulk of our recruitment to this late (if that is the case), when MK Dons got Parrott and Eisa done so early.
  • If Roddy has taken over from Steve which has been rumored then it is clear he is not good enough at his job we never had this problem before and to be fair to Steve look at some of the players he recruited Cullen bellicose are but a couple of realy good players.
  • Prescriptive text bellicose christ even I had to laugh at that one you all know who I mean.
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:
    Roddy is now in charge of identifying players and Gallen does the negotiations. Gallen’s role has changed which is evident from the dross we’ve signed this summer.
    No he don’t .. NA identity who he wants and SG director of football goes about getting his targets in … 
    Rich Cawley has just written exactly what @J BLOCK has said!!
    Link to where Cawley said that??

If true, Roddy needs to fuck off 
  • edited August 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    Roddy is now in charge of identifying players and Gallen does the negotiations. Gallen’s role has changed which is evident from the dross we’ve signed this summer.
    No he don’t .. NA identity who he wants and SG director of football goes about getting his targets in … 
    Rich Cawley has just written exactly what @J BLOCK has said!!
    Link to where Cawley said that??

If true, Roddy needs to fuck off 
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Adkins said this to me a while back....“We’ve obviously got Steve Gallen, who is in negotiation with the players, the players’ agents and opposite clubs – because he is linked to the finances. Ged Roddy and his recruitment team identify players as part of a process as well.&quot;</p>&mdash; Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) <a href="">August 18, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  • I'm amazed people keep talking about we have 2 weeks to bring players in.

It's now too late.

We've had 3 months to sign players. Anyone decent who would make us a top 6 side has already been signed up.......or will cost more than TS is prepared to throw at it.

The only players coming in before Sept 1st will be loans & freebies. The loans will be mainly untried & untested like Levitt and the freebies players who have not done a pre-season so will take weeks to get match fit.
    I agree we’ve left it too late but there is still two weeks. That’s a fact. 
  • I'm amazed people keep talking about we have 2 weeks to bring players in.

It's now too late.

We've had 3 months to sign players. Anyone decent who would make us a top 6 side has already been signed up.......or will cost more than TS is prepared to throw at it.

The only players coming in before Sept 1st will be loans & freebies. The loans will be mainly untried & untested like Levitt and the freebies players who have not done a pre-season so will take weeks to get match fit.
    So we dont bother to bring anyone f**king in???
  • J BLOCK said:
    I don't believe Adkins plays any part in the recruitment whatsoever - he only met Kirk for the first time after he'd signed.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!