Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• RedRobin said:
    From another forum but Gallen is apparently back up Crewe today…….

Lowery maybe? 
    Maybe he’s visiting the Bentley works to order the latest model.
  • Rothko said:
    Lowery is refusing to even negotiate on a new contract isn't he? For those who don't follow players from other clubs, what type of midfielder is he, won't pass the height test will he?
    He is tiny, when I saw him he reminded me of David Perkins, which is a good thing IMO.  I can't think of a Charlton player I would say he was like.  Maybe the Morgan we have seen glimpses of?

He isn't as combative as a Jones, Cullen or Kashi but very tidy and maybe a little more inventive.  Maybe a bit like the Ben Watson that played against us, not the one that played for us! 
  • J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Painfully quite 
    Or....maybe......just maybe.....they are working on things behind the scenes and keeping the cards close to there chest...
    Ah yes, just like throughout the summer where we've been overloaded with signings that came without even a rumour. 
    Do we need to know as fans? We have no right to that.

Id much rather they just got on with it instead of flapping there gums about this and that. 

Anyway...even if there was rumour to be shared on here, people are mostly avoiding it because if it doesnt come off they get beasted. 

Just support the players we have for now instead of moaning.
  • In recent years we've gotten into a culture of not trusting smaller or slighter midfielders, both from senior staff and from fans. It does my absolute head in. 'Too lightweight' I keep hearing. Yeah coz we've seen so many huge bastards who've worked bloody wonders in there right
  • Rothko said:
    RedRobin said:
    Rothko said:
    Lowery is refusing to even negotiate on a new contract isn't he? For those who don't follow players from other clubs, what type of midfielder is he, won't pass the height test will he?
    Midfield playmaker, more assists than goals. Not sure why we wouldn’t have enquired about him whilst talking to Crewe about Kirk? Unless we have, it’s a rumour I’ll take it. 
    The rumour is that Gallen is in Crewe again, could be he got the train to MK, fell asleep and ended up in Crewe by accident 
    No that’s Birmingham Mr Porter 😉
  • J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Painfully quite 
    Or....maybe......just maybe.....they are working on things behind the scenes and keeping the cards close to there chest...
    Ah yes, just like throughout the summer where we've been overloaded with signings that came without even a rumour. 

Id much rather they just got on with it instead of flapping there gums about this and that. 

Anyway...even if there was rumour to be shared on here, people are mostly avoiding it because if it doesnt come off they get beasted. 

That's not really the point.

The point is that we are 5/6 players short and except the Henderson rumour we have little else. How often have we signed a player totally out of the blue with not one rumour of interest before hand? It can't be many and certainly with the amount of players we need to challenge, I would expect more. 

• From 3rd August:

Crewe Alex manager Dave Artell is hoping for a breakthrough in Tommy Lowery’s contract talks but admits to frustration so far.
    The 23-year-old midfielder is entering the final year of his current deal and hasn’t been selected for pre-season games because he hasn't signed the new contract.

Artell says Lowery has continued to train professionally but there is a disagreement about elements of the offer.

Speaking at this week’s meet-the-fans event at the club, the manager said: “We made an offer to Tom probably ten or 12 weeks ago. He wanted something in the contract, we couldn’t agree to what he asked for. The agent believes that is correct but we have proved through facts from previous transfers out of League One midfielders that it is not the case.”

The manager revealed that he and assistant manager Kenny Lunt had lengthy talks with the midfielder on Monday but the stalemate remains.

Artell says no player is bigger than the club and it’s up to Lowery and his representative to make the next move. He says he fundamentally disagrees with the position taken by the player and his agent.

However, he added: “I am hopeful. Tom is a great bloke. Quite a lot of us call him 'The Smiler' because he is such a bubbly character and I am hopeful there will be an amicable and sensible resolution.

• edited August 2021
    Apparently Gallen wanted to go to Birmingham.
    Only a nanosecond SHG but you snooze you lose 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• an amicable and sensible resolution would be to sell him to us. Hopefully Captain will put in a good word.
  • J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Painfully quite 

The point is that we are 5/6 players short and except the Henderson rumour we have little else. How often have we signed a player totally out of the blue with not one rumour of interest before hand? It can't be many and certainly with the amount of players we need to challenge, I would expect more. 

I don't think there was any mention of Clare until the team talk article 
  • From 3rd August:

Crewe Alex manager Dave Artell is hoping for a breakthrough in Tommy Lowery’s contract talks but admits to frustration so far.
    The 23-year-old midfielder is entering the final year of his current deal and hasn’t been selected for pre-season games because he hasn't signed the new contract.

Artell says Lowery has continued to train professionally but there is a disagreement about elements of the offer.

Speaking at this week’s meet-the-fans event at the club, the manager said: “We made an offer to Tom probably ten or 12 weeks ago. He wanted something in the contract, we couldn’t agree to what he asked for. The agent believes that is correct but we have proved through facts from previous transfers out of League One midfielders that it is not the case.”

The manager revealed that he and assistant manager Kenny Lunt had lengthy talks with the midfielder on Monday but the stalemate remains.

Artell says no player is bigger than the club and it’s up to Lowery and his representative to make the next move. He says he fundamentally disagrees with the position taken by the player and his agent.

However, he added: “I am hopeful. Tom is a great bloke. Quite a lot of us call him 'The Smiler' because he is such a bubbly character and I am hopeful there will be an amicable and sensible resolution.

He has the same agent as Joe Gomez.  The request is obviously for a release clause that they can't agree on, why else would they provide stats for midfielders transfered out of league 1?
  • Lowery? Should be good on canvas, trouble is we need a footballer not another wrestler like Pearce 😉
  • Apparently Gallen wanted to go to Birmingham.
    Ridiculous Comment 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Painfully quite 

The only signing we had much talk about more than 24-48 hours before signing was Stockley. Technically Kirk too but I believe we were already in talks when the chat actually started.
  • Rothko said:
    RedRobin said:
    Rothko said:
    Midfield playmaker, more assists than goals. Not sure why we wouldn’t have enquired about him whilst talking to Crewe about Kirk? Unless we have, it’s a rumour I’ll take it. 
    The rumour is that Gallen is in Crewe again, could be he got the train to MK, fell asleep and ended up in Crewe by accident 
    He could travel down with them to Cherwell Valley services then thumb a lift to MK. It's not far....... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Painfully quite 

https://the72.co.uk/242656/charlton-athletic-poised-to-sign-sean-clare-from-oxford-united/
  • edited August 2021
    Rothko said:
    RedRobin said:
    Rothko said:
    🎼 Oh Mr Porter what shall I do, I wanted to go to Milton Keynes but here I am in Crewe?
    Send me back to London as quickly as you can.
    Oh Mr Porter what a silly chap I am. 🎼
    Very good,,exit stage left.. B)
  • RedRobin said:
    From another forum but Gallen is apparently back up Crewe today…….

Lowery maybe? 
    He found a lovely spot on platform 4
  • _MrDick said:
    Apparently Gallen wanted to go to Birmingham.
    Ridiculous Comment 
    Whoooosh!!!
  • edited August 2021
    thenewbie said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Clarky said:

Obviously getting these deals done is not really simple, however , I think this is a perfectly reasonable tweet and thought process. The top 4 players are all playing in League 1 and will all be on lower wages than we should be able to afford bearing in mind 3 of them play in front of crowds of 5k or less. The loan player will be a Prem loan. Maybe they want to go to the Championship but money there seems even tighter than our League and as we reach the end of the window , its reasonable to assume that prices will fall a bit from those quoted above.

None of us are privy to what Thomas's financial limitations are but I think the basic premise above is a fair one that with the players quoted, all of whom are likely to be available and on 'relatively' low wages we would be building a team for the next 3-4 years and we would have a much greater chance of promotion which brings a stronger financial model. 

Trouble is he criticised TS for his "ridiculous claims" and begins this bit of fun with "it's really simple". 
    Well picking a list of realistic targets is simple - but never said getting the deals done would.

The claims from TS we’re ridiculous and are proving so, his raising of expectations is a large reason why a big section of the fans are unhappy. That can’t be disputed.

and to be fair I didn’t Criticise him in the post only on here even though. Some people seem to think you can’t be a TS supporter but still disagree with things he does.
    It absolutely can. I really don't know how people somehow took what was clearly an extravagant and excitable person being extravagant and excitable as some sort of gospel truth or policy pledge.

If it is "ridiculous" now, it was equally ridiculous then, and if this is true then more fool anyone who took it seriously and now feels daft. Reality is we are in League One in a post-Covid reality and competing against clubs like Sunderland, Wigan and Ipswich (Just as examples) who can at least match us in the market and probably offer more.

If Sandgaard was a Hulyer or Southall type I would agree.
    Sandgaard is CEO of Zynex Inc.
    I thought you could believe a man of that standing.
    I know better now, but I don't feel daft.
    I won't be so trusting again, which is a pity.
  • Rothko said:
    RedRobin said:
    Rothko said:
    🎼 Oh Mr Porter what shall I do?
    I wanted to go to Milton Keynes but here I am in Crewe.
    Send me back to London as quickly as you can.
    Oh Mr Porter what a silly chap I am. 🎼

• J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Painfully quite 

https://the72.co.uk/242656/charlton-athletic-poised-to-sign-sean-clare-from-oxford-united/
    "as per a report by teamtalk'
  • ColinTat said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Painfully quite 

So it confirmed he was rumoured before he was signed then... 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Painfully quite 

Did you even read it?

"Charlton Athletic are set to win the race to sign Sean Clare from Oxford United, as per a report by TEAMtalk."
  • edited August 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    ColinTat said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Painfully quite 

So it confirmed he was rumoured before he was signed then... 
    Less than 24 hours before.

There wasn't any ITK whispers at all.  Which was my point.   I honestly can't think of any signing that the first anyone heard of it was on the official site/socials.  Maybe deadline day when other outlets can't cover everything?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!