Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited August 2021
    barstool said:
    It sounds from the interview with Adkins that he is very confident with a few new players plus the loans. Season will start improving after that no doubt 
    To me it sounded like it was loans specifically he was talking about rather than players plus the loans. Hope it's a 2+2=5 from me but the transfer quotes starts with:
    "Charlton are expected to further utilise the loan market before the window shuts, their only temporary deal so far being the return of Akin Famewo from Norwich."
    That said, Nigel isn't overly open with the press, he didn't even give a jist that Charlie Kirk might be incoming Monday when asked the Friday before, then again given the Kirk personal situation he may genuinely have not known.
  • Defender on loan from Prem sounds fairly close.
    Club?
    The Spurs kid? Went to school in Bexleyheath.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/teams/under-23/players/tobi-omole/
  • Rated Hendo quite highly before and he knows the club, plus is an older head in a position where age is less important. 

If he is fit and passes a fitness test and if his wage expectations are relatively low I would be keen on that.  A player that would likely be ok on the bench but equally has the quality to put real pressure on Mac (which from what I have seen so far is a definite need)
    Not getting mixed up with Henderson and we are playing rush goalie are you @Covered_End_Lad B)
  • Sponsored links:

• If he saw the game on Saturday he might have to reassess his transfer plans . 
  • I interpret a handful as five.

Maybe one short of what is required. 
  • If its a big handful I'll be less worried

• edited August 2021
  • Sponsored links:

• He said some (not all) will be last ditch loan signings to add depth to the squad.If you factor in Purrington and Gilbey to come back together with Schwartz and Kirk who is yet to play then another 5 additions will mean we won't be relying on youngsters on the bench. 
  • He also said we are pretty much there with our starting 11 which means we aren't there yet.
  • All I take from that is we need some more players and we will get more players. 
    That’s pretty much what I took from it. 
  • All I take from that is we need some more players and we will get more players. 
    Agree, See that he dropped the word "hope" to get some in, seems he is mellowing in his approach to how things will progress, but no reason to doubt his intentions at this moment
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!