Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• One goalless draw, 2 defeats & zero goals from open play.

It's not been the start we wanted but that's not suprising with so few signings and absolutely nothing on the bench to change/influence a game.

The club will be fully aware that we need a CAM, LB, ST, CB & another winger. With two tough games coming up against MK Dons & Wigan, let's hope they bring them in sooner rather than later so we don't fall too far away before we have a squad capable of competing & winning games.
  • Chunes said:
    We have no Astrit, Reid, Murphy, Aribo, Jensen-type player. The kind who can bring you into a game by putting his foot on the ball. We need to sign one desperately. 
    This is the missing piece of the puzzle for me . The midfield is all a bit samey at the moment , that creative spark that will open up a side is key. 
  • Southbank said:
    Think window is going very similar to the January window. 

The fans can clearly see where we need players in, the management and recruitment team are the only ones that don't. 

Everyone knew we needed a CB in that window, just like everyone knows we need a LB, AM, ST and 3 others in this one. 
    What we need and what Tommy is prepared to pay for now seem to be widely apart. Adkins gone by Xmas?
    I dont understand this. We have paid fees for 2 players. We were set to sign the player from wigan but he failed a medical, he would not have come cheap in terms of wages and a signing on fee. Famewo might only be a loan but most premier league teams charge loan fee’s? We’ve already agreed a fee to make the deal permanent.

without fully understand what Tommy has paid and what else we have lined up, makes this comment ridiculous 
    Stockley, Clare, DJ, Kirk and Schwartz must be close to 1.5m in transfer fees in 2021. I bet there's not many league one clubs who have spent more in that time.
  • edited August 2021
    Southbank said:

The fans can clearly see where we need players in, the management and recruitment team are the only ones that don't. 

Everyone knew we needed a CB in that window, just like everyone knows we need a LB, AM, ST and 3 others in this one. 
    What we need and what Tommy is prepared to pay for now seem to be widely apart. Adkins gone by Xmas?
    I dont understand this. We have paid fees for 2 players. We were set to sign the player from wigan but he failed a medical, he would not have come cheap in terms of wages and a signing on fee. Famewo might only be a loan but most premier league teams charge loan fee’s? We’ve already agreed a fee to make the deal permanent.

without fully understand what Tommy has paid and what else we have lined up, makes this comment ridiculous 
    Stockley, Clare, DJ, Kirk and Schwartz must be close to 1.5m in transfer fees in 2021. I bet there's not many league one clubs who have spent more in that time.
    The signing on fee is not the whole equation. Wednesday have had a transfer embargo but had signed 12 non-fee players on top money and have more to come according to reports. As a club that appeared to be pot-less only a few months ago, it begs the question, where is the money coming from. Surely they must be risking administration if they don't go up. 
  • Just over 2 weeks of the window left. We need 5-6 players. In our recruitment staff we trust ?  Well , actually,  no.
    I think we maybe need one more than that to get ourselves in the position we need to be:

Striker to compete with Stockley 
    Morgan replacement (Morgan becomes squad player)
    Clare replacement (Clare becomes squad player)
    New left back 
    Additional centre back option 
    Reserve keeper to put pressure on the new bloke 

Potentially also be nice to get squad options to compete with DJ….

So 6-7…. We have been told to be patient and they will come. Guess we will find out in the next two weeks.

• Southbank said:

I meant this season, not realising that Clare cost a transfer fee. But your list does aid my point, Tommy has spent money on the squad and for other posters to question Tommy’s outlay is pathetic.  We could always ask southall to come back with his supa dupa phone
  • Southbank said:

I meant this season, not realising that Clare cost a transfer fee. But your list does aid my point, Tommy has spent money on the squad and for other posters to question Tommy’s outlay is pathetic.  We could always ask southall to come back with his supa dupa phone
    Maybe for all of his grinning and positivity, Adkins isn’t up to it . 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Southbank said:

Strange ain't it, when things don't go just so, blame the manager, he is just an east target and it seems first in line for any abuse, but this goes a lot deeper than Nige, he wants it as much as the next man but can only work with the tools at his disposal, so recruitment team, step up and try to give him something to work with if possible, I know we are only 2 games in but we can't slip too far behind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Southbank said:

The signing on fee is not the whole equation. Wednesday have had a transfer embargo but had signed 12 non-fee players on top money and have more to come according to reports. As a club that appeared to be pot-less only a few months ago, it begs the question, where is the money coming from. Surely they must be risking administration if they don't go up. 
    I think I read their fans saying their owner had a temporary embargo on taking money out of his home country (Thailand maybe?), but that has now been lifted so they are rich again.  May be wrong.
  • wmcf123 said:
    Southbank said:

No manager would be with this squad, we all know we need at least 4/5 signings.
  • Southbank said:

I think I read their fans saying their owner had a temporary embargo on taking money out of his home country (Thailand maybe?), but that has now been lifted so they are rich again.  May be wrong.

Yeah I saw this from one of the Wednesday fans that posts on here that Chansiri couldn't get the money out of Thailand and it wasn't that he didn't have the money 
  • Scoham said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Southbank said:

Exactly. He's got a far worse squad than he finished with last season. Not a single option on the bench to change the game, and arguably a worse starting midfield to begin with. I feel he is too stubborn to his tactics baring in mind the players we have at our disposal, but it's far too early to right him off. The issue is not Adkins.
  • Scoham said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Southbank said:

Interested to know why that’s worth a LOL, perhaps we should spend the remaining budget on replacing Adkins instead of making any further signings?
  • Chunes said:
    Croydon said:

Anyone still think Gunter is a good option at LB? Desperately need a natural left footer in there
    I don’t think many people have said he is a good option. People have said he is a suitable short term solution until a loan comes in and purrington is fit
    I think it was Adkins who said he is a good option. I am a bit worried that he was being serious.
    Or it’s nice to see a manager give some public confidence to a very young player. 
  • Southbank said:

Its not a matter of how much he has spent, it is a matter of how much he needs to spend to create a promotion winning team.
    At the moment it is not enough by a long way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not surprised with SC’s or DJ’s number of touches. Famewo, Innis and Dobson played the ball to one another countless times and on most occasions then lumped it up to Stockley as they came under increased pressure due to Oxford’s press. I thought that would be sorted out second half but not a great deal changed unfortunately 
  • Chunes said:
    Croydon said:

Anyone still think Gunter is a good option at LB? Desperately need a natural left footer in there
    I don’t think many people have said he is a good option. People have said he is a suitable short term solution until a loan comes in and purrington is fit
    I think it was Adkins who said he is a good option. I am a bit worried that he was being serious.
    Or it’s nice to see a manager give some public confidence to a very young player. 
    Gunter!?
  • Scoham said:

44:20 TS talks about signing more players.

https://youtu.be/WR_usTRtvJ0

3:35 NA does the same.

https://twitter.com/cafcofficial/status/1426587246891868173?s=21

It couldn’t be made clearer that they’re fully aware we need several signings.

I agree more players will come but I don't get the impression it will be 'several'.
  • Not surprised with SC’s or DJ’s number of touches. Famewo, Innis and Dobson played the ball to one another countless times and on most occasions then lumped it up to Stockley as they came under increased pressure due to Oxford’s press. I thought that would be sorted out second half but not a great deal changed unfortunately 
    This has been a problem for two seasons. Why is that teams press us and force us to go long, but we can't press teams in the same way? They just pass it around us like we're not even there.
  • wmcf123 said:
    Southbank said:

50% win rate over the 10 games last season. We have started against sheff wed and Oxford! We have the same points as ipswich who have played moreCombe and burton. But yet Adkins is now getting written off?? That comment is as ridiculous as calling out Tommy for not spending enough cash.
    Remind me how we did against Burton last year....?
  • Scoham said:

44:20 TS talks about signing more players.

https://youtu.be/WR_usTRtvJ0

3:35 NA does the same.

https://twitter.com/cafcofficial/status/1426587246891868173?s=21

It couldn’t be made clearer that they’re fully aware we need several signings.

I agree more players will come but I don't get the impression it will be 'several'.
    Maybe “a few” would be better? Either way I expect at least 3 and hopefully more than that.
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Croydon said:

Gunter!?
    I’m losing it, was sure I’d read Roddy! 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!