Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• RedChaser said:
    Crusty54 said:
    Sage said:
    He’s not good enough and that is ultimately the crux of the matter.
    Totally disagree. He has played well in both full back positions. Cleared off the line on Tuesday and played significantly better than all but one of the U23 players. Young and much to improve. 
    And I disagree with you, I must have been watching a different player then, he wasn’t totally pants but he wasn’t that special either . Gunter is a far better option allbeit on his less favoured side at LB.
    Looks like nepotism to me 
  • Do people honestly think the club haven't been trying to get a LB? 

Seems to me some would be happy for the club to go and get any old LB just for the sake of it regardless of if they are any good or not.

Personally I would rather they wait for the right person to become available, if that's deadline day then so be it.

Some also seem to think we are a bigger club than we actually are, yes we are big club in league 1 terms but let's face it we have been bang average for over a decade now so it should come as no surprise that players chose other clubs over us.

Whilst I agree we are clearly lacking in a couple of areas on the pitch and Thomas was naive in saying we will tear up the league this season I'm just glad I still have a club to support as let's be honest we probably wouldn't have if Thomas hadn't persevered and saved us from the inevitable under ESI.

I have no idea of who has signed who but I'm willing to bet that a club in League 1 has signed a left back over the past 3 months. 
  • Addickted said:
    I thought Gunter had a good game against the Massive.
    He might have done ok, but he's not going to run down the line & put a cross in on his left.
    Neither is Purrington tbf.

Not digging him out but his delivery is woeful. 
  • Do people honestly think the club haven't been trying to get a LB? 

Seems to me some would be happy for the club to go and get any old LB just for the sake of it regardless of if they are any good or not.

Personally I would rather they wait for the right person to become available, if that's deadline day then so be it.

Some also seem to think we are a bigger club than we actually are, yes we are big club in league 1 terms but let's face it we have been bang average for over a decade now so it should come as no surprise that players chose other clubs over us.

Whilst I agree we are clearly lacking in a couple of areas on the pitch and Thomas was naive in saying we will tear up the league this season I'm just glad I still have a club to support as let's be honest we probably wouldn't have if Thomas hadn't persevered and saved us from the inevitable under ESI.

I have no idea of who has signed who but I'm willing to bet that a club in League 1 has signed a left back over the past 3 months. 
    So what?

What makes you you think we were interested in any of them or that any of them wanted to come to us?
  • Have we had ANY rumours about us even looking at a left back? 
  • seth plum said:
    Roddy is very young. We have frequent discussions regarding the progress of young players (be circumspect when observing Deji’s progress), and the same consideration should be extended to Jacob Roddy. Being his father’s son ought not to be in the equation, goodness knows what happens if Miles Leaburn ever has an indifferent game in the first team.

There should be no one with the audacity to have a go at Miles Leaburn. Considering who his parents are that would be like having a pop at Jesus.
    Wasn’t Jesus the illegitimate son of a shepherd and the ‘virgin’ Mary? I wouldn’t compare them to the Leaburns tbf. 

(this is a joke please do not take it seriously) 
  • seth plum said:
    Roddy is very young. We have frequent discussions regarding the progress of young players (be circumspect when observing Deji’s progress), and the same consideration should be extended to Jacob Roddy. Being his father’s son ought not to be in the equation, goodness knows what happens if Miles Leaburn ever has an indifferent game in the first team.

There should be no one with the audacity to have a go at Miles Leaburn. Considering who his parents are that would be like having a pop at Jesus.
    Wasn’t Jesus the illegitimate son of a shepherd and the ‘virgin’ Mary? I wouldn’t compare them to the Leaburns tbf. 

(this is a joke please do not take it seriously) 

No, Jesus was the son of God so very apt if you think about it.
  • So what's going on then? 

Adkins can't be happy with the talent in the team. 
  • So what's going on then? 

Adkins can't be happy with the talent in the team. 

I can imagine his positivity wearing pretty thin tbh. Even he won’t be able to put a spin on what he’s been given.
  • Sponsored links:

• A lot of work to do to make this terrible team/squad palatable.

• Ipswich signing centre back Cameron Burgess from Accrington, according to Accrington manager Coleman.

Probably helps them fend off bids for Dion Charles for another few months

• I know Colin.
  • It might be worth taking that gamble on Solomon-Otabor.
  • Ipswich signing centre back Cameron Burgess from Accrington, according to Accrington manager Coleman.

That’s a really good signing. Statistically he was one of the best CB’s in League One last season. Burgess & Edmundson should be a very good partnership at this level.

But still it’s hard to sign good players in this window 🙄
  • Maccn05 said:
    Ipswich signing centre back Cameron Burgess from Accrington, according to Accrington manager Coleman.

That’s a really good signing. Statistically he was one of the best CB’s in League One last season. Burgess & Edmundson should be a very good partnership at this level.

Are they better then Famewo and Innis don’t think so 
  • edited August 2021
    Croydon said:

Anyone still think Gunter is a good option at LB? Desperately need a natural left footer in there
    No I don't think anyone ever thought he was a good option.  People thought he could do a decent job for a game or two.

It's stating the obvious really, isn't it? 
  • Maccn05 said:
    Ipswich signing centre back Cameron Burgess from Accrington, according to Accrington manager Coleman.

Are they better then Famewo and Innis don’t think so 
    We need more than two centre backs 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    Croydon said:

Anyone still think Gunter is a good option at LB? Desperately need a natural left footer in there
    I don’t think many people have said he is a good option. People have said he is a suitable short term solution until a loan comes in and purrington is fit
  • Think window is going very similar to the January window. 

The fans can clearly see where we need players in, the management and recruitment team are the only ones that don't. 

Everyone knew we needed a CB in that window, just like everyone knows we need a LB, AM, ST and 3 others in this one. 
  • Think window is going very similar to the January window. 

The fans can clearly see where we need players in, the management and recruitment team are the only ones that don't. 

Everyone knew we needed a CB in that window, just like everyone knows we need a LB, AM, ST and 3 others in this one. 
    What we need and what Tommy is prepared to pay for now seem to be widely apart. Adkins gone by Xmas?
  • Out of interest just when does the transfer window close ?

I've seen in be 11pm on 31st August (as that is when the PL and most of Europe closes), but then I've seen it being 2nd Sept for EFL clubs. @Airman Brown in VOTV said 31st August........but I'm not so sure.
  • edited August 2021
    Croydon said:

I don’t think many people have said he is a good option. People have said he is a suitable short term solution until a loan comes in and purrington is fit
    I think it was Adkins who said he is a good option. I am a bit worried that he was being serious.
  • Addickted said:
    I thought Gunter had a good game against the Massive.
    He might have done ok, but he's not going to run down the line & put a cross in on his left.
    Neither is Purrington tbf.

Not digging him out but his delivery is woeful. 
    Has Purrington suddenly become Chris Powell ? Must have missed that 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    SamE7 said:
    Scoham said:
    Sunderland with another Prem London club signing, this time a West Ham CB on loan. Have we missed out?
    Are we expected to be in for every player in the transfer market?
    Obviously yes else it shows a total lack of money on the owners part and/or effort on Gallen.  Either that or Rody is sabotaging the whole thing.

Or not depending on your view. 
    Roddy needs not to intervene , now he’s got his lad a deal
    Apart from it being confirmed by a player how much more evidence that he isn't his son do people want? 
    He categorically is his son .  I know this 100%
  • edited August 2021
    Chunes said:
    Croydon said:

I think it was Adkins who said he is a good option. I am a bit worried that he was being serious.
    I think he was being serious when faced with choices he has at this moment in time, until purrington is fit, or an alternative is miraculously found, which is very much needed in the long term anyway.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!