Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited August 2021
    Valley11 said:
    Hearing Jephcott is in the mix.
    Go on then....

https://youtu.be/PFIE1OTvs94
    Looks a good finisher from the vid. Not knocking him as a potential signing whatsoever, but his goals appear to be reliant on good supply from wingers laying it on a plate for the tidy finish - not a pace man too run in behind or create for himself. We haven't in recent history always played that way with the wingers and had strikers like Ajose come in with a similar highlight reel and never played to that strength resulting in them looking pony. Kirks wing play would look suited to him based on those clips. If Adkins is purely pacey/tricky wingers and the bigger target man who can also finish then he would fit the bill but still want that no 10 in as higher priority
  • JamesSeed said:
    What the hell?!
    Charlie Kirk signs a four year deal, and rumours that Solomon Otaba is trialling and Tobi Omole is joining on loan from Spurs. 
    All in one day. 
    Nurse!!

DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    What the hell?!
    Charlie Kirk signs a four year deal, and rumours that Solomon Otaba is trialling and Tobi Omole is joining on loan from Spurs. 
    All in one day. 
    Nurse!!

otaba training with us this week is not a rumour - its a fact 
    Richard J said:
    After signing Kirk I would be surprised if Soloman Otomar or Sims was under consideration. 

Surely we would need a left footed Winger now. DJ and Kirk are both right footed. 

Solomon-Otabor

that's the chap - Birmingham 
  • edited August 2021
    Valley11 said:
    Go on then....

Looks a good finisher from the vid. Not knocking him as a potential signing whatsoever, but his goals appear to be reliant on good supply from wingers laying it on a plate for the tidy finish - not a pace man too run in behind or create for himself. We've had strikers like Ajose come in with a similar highlight reel and we've never played to that strength resulting in them looking pony. Kirks wing play would look suited to him based on those clips
    I seem to remember Ajose’s highlight reel being way more impressive. Scored every sort of goal you can imagine, not just tap ins. 
  • RedChaser said:
    I trump your Ventokeles and Crawleys with a Davidson 😆
    I'll raise with a Boyer ?
  • AndyG said:
    Clare will get goals in this team. He has been played out of position in previous clubs. Gilby if he can get back to fitness will also get goals I'm sure. Alfie is another matter imo. Adkins has been clever in terms of being supportive towards him but if we bring another starting midfielder in it will be Albie that makes way I think. 
    Believe Clare got 6 assists in 20 Burton appearances too. So can clearly pass. 
  • I'd be very impressed if we got Jephcott simply because i can't believe he'd have no Championship interest.
  • Scoham said:
    RedChaser said:
    bobmunro said:
    Charlton looking at a loan deal for West Ham wingback Emmanuel Longelo - West Ham keen to get him some first team action this season. 

Leftie?
    Believe so https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2021/may/18-may/emmanuel-longelo-signs-new-west-ham-united-contract
    “An adventurous and athletic left-back” - the right type of left back then, more so than the Spurs youngster who’s a CB that can play left back.

Ideally I’d like a permanent signing in that position. Would be great to have a long term Wiggins style left back playing behind Kirk.
    adventurous?? - won't mind if brown thumb does the medical then  :D
  • Valley11 said:
    Go on then....

Not the best video that. And based on it looks no better than Washington
  • Valley11 said:
    Go on then....

Yes, agree. Dion Charles would be a quality signing
  • Sponsored links:

• I quite like getting loans from West Ham. They have a great academy and you know that players that get to where they are ready for loans will have been schooled well. I’m sure Emmanuel Longelo will be a bit raw and like Maatsen before him will make errors but it’s an exciting prospect to have an attack minded wing back option to compete with steady eddy Purrington. I guess we’ll see.
    it was better back in the Curbishley era when we just nicked them 
  • edited August 2021
    JamesSeed said:

I seem to remember Ajose’s highlight reel being way more impressive. Scored every sort of goal you can imagine, not just tap ins. 
    You could be right mate, more highlight reels than hot dinners on here. Easy to forget

Point remains that if your striker has looked good scoring goals for a team who attack the byline and cut back for the composed finish, if we don't play like that and lump it long to him he's gonna look bang average I'd imagine. Targeted Ajose there cos I don't think he was a shocking player but we gave him little to no chance to look good with our setup
  • Hearing Jephcott is in the mix.
    we've already got a DJ 
  • Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Go on then....

Accrington apparently quoted Stoke 2m for him and he has plenty of championship interest so we'd have no chance.
  • Morgan isn't a top league 1 10 at the monent.  If he is ever going to be, I have no idea.  I would, at the moment play him almost next to Dobson and have Clare in front of them.

I don't think we have two midfielders good enough, at the moment, to play someone like Kirk or DJ as the ten.

I suspect we will play more with 2 6s and an 8 or a 6 and two 8s more of then than a proper 10.
  • Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Go on then....

sounds like he'd be great at the karaoke as well 
  • Chunes said:
    Morgan had two really good chances in the last league game. If he keeps getting into those areas I can't see how he wouldn't score 5. He would have to be one of the worst finishers ever. 
    Against a pretty tight and high quality defence, too.
  • Sponsored links:

• If we’re going to sign another forward (and not convinced we are) I’d like to us looking for someone with bags of pace. 
    LB, CAM and RCB would seem like priorities. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    If we’re going to sign another forward (and not convinced we are) I’d like to us looking for someone with bags of pace. 
    You’re probably right. But if Stockley gets injured we’re woefully short up top. 
  • I'd be very impressed if we got Jephcott simply because i can't believe he'd have no Championship interest.
    As well as he just signed a new 2-year deal with Plymouth in June. 
  • Jephcott and Charles would be excellent signings, alas Jephcott signed a new deal in June and Charles I can't believe won't have Champ interest this late in the window. Blackburn probably with the Armstrong money 
  • JamesSeed said:
    If we’re going to sign another forward (and not convinced we are) I’d like to us looking for someone with bags of pace. 
    I think we’re looking at Jephcott because he’s obviously available and we’d be negligent not to if the price was within budget. I doubt it’s a priority and I hope a number 10 is highest on our list to spend money. For me it’s the keystone to everything else we do. I don’t think we have the players to dominate other midfields yet and that’s my concern. 
  • Valley11 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    You’re probably right. But if Stockley gets injured we’re woefully short up top. 
    Quite literally mate. 
  • Chunes said:
    Morgan had two really good chances in the last league game. If he keeps getting into those areas I can't see how he wouldn't score 5. He would have to be one of the worst finishers ever. 
    On Saturday he was!
  • edited August 2021
    Only thing was I felt last season we had too many central midfielders, and left us lacking in depth in other positions, so I hope that isn't the case this Yr. I think attacking midfielder is 5th on my priority.
  • I wonder with the Inniss and Famewo concerns we could go with 5 CB's. Sign a right footed one and Omole too. That way we still have Omole and Gunter to cover left-back but also have strong CB cover. I wouldn't be against this, I know some will as they want an attacking LB but also means less of Pearce which I'd be happy with. 
    We have a solid LB, what we don't have is an attacking LB (like Maatsen was)

I know nothing about the player, but would assume that Omole, as primarily a CB, will be more a defensive LB, rather than the one bombing down the wing and sending in crosses?
    I don't disagree, I was just thinking it might be the way we go. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!