Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• I've been told we're going to sign Tobi Omole from Spurs on loan, 21 year old left footed cb originally from Lewisham, 6ft2 so i would guess cover for Akin as to not rely on Deji to play in the league at least

Source is from Spurs end, also didn't confirm when other than before the window shuts

Went to St Columbas in Bexleyheath, was an Arsenal academy player but after being released moved to Spurs
  • With the restriction on squad numbers, Watson feels like a waste of a space
    You could delete the first half of that sentence and it would still be right. 
    The difference with squad number restrictions, is that deadwood players aren't just a waste of a salary, they're actually preventing us signing someone else
  • Jac_52 said:
    I've been told we're going to sign Tobi Omole from Spurs on loan, 21 year old left footed cb originally from Lewisham, 6ft2 so i would guess cover for Akin as to not rely on Deji to play in the league at least

Source is from Spurs end, also didn't confirm when other than before the window shuts

Pearce is cover for Akin so bit of a weird one signing another left footed CB.
    Famewo has played on the right I guess, although unless it's just a coincidence he hasn't played anywhere near as well there. I'd definitely be targeting a right footed CB but if a left footed one came up that was too good to turn down I'd understand. 
  • Think there could be something in the Tobi Omole rumour.
  • PFA have challenged the squad limit as they did the salary cap 

And like the salary cap the smaller league one and two clubs, as EFL members, will probably drag their feet so that it's still in place when the window shuts.

That way the bigger clubs have less of an advantage.

It's 25 in the EPL.

And like the salary cap the smaller league one and two clubs, as EFL members, will probably drag their feet so that it's still in place when the window shuts.

It's 25 in the EPL.
    Doesn't the EPL one include goalkeepers though?
  • _MrDick said:
    I have a feeling the next two through the door will be loan signings from Premiership teams. A left back and a creative midfielder, maybe. No inside information, just a hunch. 
    Do they not tend to come towards the end of the window? Last day or two even?
  • Sponsored links:

It's 25 in the EPL.
    Don't know, could be.
  • Think there could be something in the Tobi Omole rumour.
    Went to school in Bexleyheath and played for Thamesmead.

Can play left back too

• Looks a unit 

It's 25 in the EPL.
    Don't know, could be.
    Not 100% sure but believe it does. In fairness, I don't believe the squad cap is a terrible thing. The salary cap was a bit shite, this makes more sense. I think it will be good for players like Dempsey generally, he's either got to be included or you would think most clubs will allow him to go away and develop elsewhere. 
  • Arsenal to Spurs, the next Sol Campbell hopefully for us!
  • Right age to be pushing on. Next 18 months will define his next five or six years. 
  • Sage said:
    What's Josh Sims up to?
    Hopefully following Kirk’s directions to Sparrows Lane. That’s my wish anyway.
    Do you think Sims is attacking enough to play in a 433? No expert on him but on the few occasions he's looked more like a 442 winger to me. 

It's 25 in the EPL.
    Don't know, could be.
    Not 100% sure but believe it does. In fairness, I don't believe the squad cap is a terrible thing. The salary cap was a bit shite, this makes more sense. I think it will be good for players like Dempsey generally, he's either got to be included or you would think most clubs will allow him to go away and develop elsewhere. 
    But reducing it to 20 players suits teams like Accrington and not us.

Dempsey etc would find it harder to find a league club as others have same limit.

I can see the logic in some sort of squad limit but this seems too low and U21 too young.
    Fair points, yes reducing it to 20 I agree with, 22 seems about right. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    What's Josh Sims up to?
    Do you think Sims is attacking enough to play in a 433? No expert on him but on the few occasions he's looked more like a 442 winger to me. 
    Played 4-3-3 at Doncaster and by all means done very well. Capable of playing as a 10 as well but definitely more of a winger. Can play right and left wing so good option for a fluid front line. Quick, can run with the ball and take players on. Would definitely sign him up.
    Fair enough, cheers. Didn't know enough about him, but sounds like a decent option, definitely need a third winger and sounds like he fits the bill. 
  • edited August 2021
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    What's Josh Sims up to?
    Played 4-3-3 at Doncaster and by all means done very well. Capable of playing as a 10 as well but definitely more of a winger. Can play right and left wing so good option for a fluid front line. Quick, can run with the ball and take players on. Would definitely sign him up.
    Could be very exciting part of a rotating three behind Stockley. Unfortunately I think he’s likely to end up with Darren Moore at Chef Wendy…

Kirk - left wing or no.10
    DJ - right wing or left wing
    Sims - left wing, ring wing or no. 10

Not forgetting Albie or Gilbey’s part to play in that no.10 role either.
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    What's Josh Sims up to?
    Fair enough, cheers. Didn't know enough about him, but sounds like a decent option, definitely need a third winger and sounds like he fits the bill. 
    The only problem I would have with him is he hasn’t played many games for the age he is now at. He needs to choose his next team wisely and needs a good season of regularly being involved, which if he signed I think he would be as he could come on for either DJ or Kirk. Or if we needed to be even more attacking, could come in and have all 3 behind Stockley. Doubling and tripling up on either wing with full backs pushing on. 
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    What's Josh Sims up to?
    Totally agree with this. Would give us good options but not sure how likely we’d be to get him especially with Solomon Otabor training with us. 

Nice to see rumours being discussed at last!
  • I wonder with the Inniss and Famewo concerns we could go with 5 CB's. Sign a right footed one and Omole too. That way we still have Omole and Gunter to cover left-back but also have strong CB cover. I wouldn't be against this, I know some will as they want an attacking LB but also means less of Pearce which I'd be happy with. 
  • AndyG said:
    I know I'm going to get absolute pelters for this but looking at the highlights of Kirk slamming balls across the area maybe Ronnie has a future? He must be looking at that and thinking he would fill his boots
    Schwartz has been rested till Kirk comes in.  You watch Ronald get a hat-trick on Saturday.
    Including a last minute penalty rifled into the top corner to bury his demons.
  • Having watched the video of Kirk & having read what Crewe fans have said I'd say we need an attacking LB to overlap with Kirk & also a poacher to finish off the chances he creates. He puts a lot of balls across the 6 yard line & would be a shame to see them go to waste.

As for Morgan. I see him more as a playmaker as his passing is pretty decent....but he is not a finisher & I doubt he'd get more than a couple of goals a season. Not enough composure & not a natural striker if the ball. 

All in all, another 3 or 4 players and we should be sorted.

Striker
    Left back
    Attacking midfielder 

This. 

• I wonder with the Inniss and Famewo concerns we could go with 5 CB's. Sign a right footed one and Omole too. That way we still have Omole and Gunter to cover left-back but also have strong CB cover. I wouldn't be against this, I know some will as they want an attacking LB but also means less of Pearce which I'd be happy with. 
    We have a solid LB, what we don't have is an attacking LB (like Maatsen was)

I know nothing about the player, but would assume that Omole, as primarily a CB, will be more a defensive LB, rather than the one bombing down the wing and sending in crosses?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!