Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Still not sure that starting 11 has enough goals in it.
    Stockley 15-20
    DJ & Kirk 15-20 between them
    Gilbey 5-10
    Morgan 5
    Clare 5
    Inniss & other defenders 5
    Washington 10

That’s a 60-75 goals. The numbers add up quickly.
    Sean Clare got 2 goals in 58 games at Gillingham, Oxford and Burton.
    Morgan has 1 league goal in his career.
    The most Gilbey has ever got in a season is 5.

All would have to improve dramatically to reach your numbers. Not impossible of course, and i hope they do, but it's a bit unlikely.
    Clare also scored 7 in 54 in the league (12 in 71 including cups) for Hearts, though that included some penalties.

I’d like to see us sign playmaker in CM with an eye for goal, but I wouldn’t rule out a few players stepping up and adding more goals to their game.

Gilbey showed signs of it last season, with the right role he had freedom to get forward and got something like 3 in 10 towards the end of the season.
    He did yes but i only posted the stats for him playing in league one. 
  • Arsenal to Spurs, the next Sol Campbell hopefully for us!
    Harry Kane?
  • Charlton looking at a loan deal for West Ham wingback Emmanuel Longelo - West Ham keen to get him some first team action this season. 

Leftie?
  • edited August 2021
    bobmunro said:
    Charlton looking at a loan deal for West Ham wingback Emmanuel Longelo - West Ham keen to get him some first team action this season. 

Leftie?
    Believe so;
    https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2021/may/18-may/emmanuel-longelo-signs-new-west-ham-united-contract
  • I trump your Ventokeles and Crawleys with a Davidson 😆
  • Sponsored links:

• Pacey LB/wing back/left winger according to wiki.

Telling that as the EPL is due to start the number of rumours about young players ramps up.
  • Charlton looking at a loan deal for West Ham wingback Emmanuel Longelo - West Ham keen to get him some first team action this season. 
    Quality player but should have Champ options and some fans even want him to be considered for first team squad. 
  • Boothroyd
  • Blimey can wee renamed thus as the incorect spalling Fred.
    I can c the berth of anuver pun ifff weee r nott carful B)
  • Sponsored links:

• I quite like getting loans from West Ham. They have a great academy and you know that players that get to where they are ready for loans will have been schooled well. I’m sure Emmanuel Longelo will be a bit raw and like Maatsen before him will make errors but it’s an exciting prospect to have an attack minded wing back option to compete with steady eddy Purrington. I guess we’ll see.
  • RedChaser said:
    bobmunro said:
    Charlton looking at a loan deal for West Ham wingback Emmanuel Longelo - West Ham keen to get him some first team action this season. 

Leftie?
    Believe so;
    https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2021/may/18-may/emmanuel-longelo-signs-new-west-ham-united-contract
    Under 21 too
  • se9addick said:
    Stockley 15-20
    Gilbey 5-10
    Morgan 5
    Clare 5
    Washington 10

All would have to improve dramatically to reach your numbers. Not impossible of course, and i hope they do, but it's a bit unlikely.
    Morgan’s shooting accuracy is the worst of any attacking player in the history of professional football. 
    His passing is accurate though.  Once he get one he’ll calm down in front of goal and be more composed
  • edited August 2021
    Stockley 15-20
    Gilbey 5-10
    Morgan 5
    Clare 5
    Washington 10

Sean Clare has been mostly played out of position at those clubs, especially Oxford (17 apps at right back). I would be hoping we’ll get the Clare that had license to get forward and support attacks at Hearts where he got 7 in 54.

Morgan has one league goal in his career yes. He’s just been given the no.10 shirt and should be expected to kick on now. But all of a sudden the AM fan club are telling me to manage expectation and five goals is too many to ask? That has to be a bare minimum for someone with the 10 on their back and the talent he possesses.

I’ll give you Gilbey but at the same time, I am supremely confident that Adkins unlocked something there that we didn’t see under Bow. 3 in 10 is good going from midfield and translates to 13-14 in a full season. He can get to 10 with enough minutes.
  • Hearing Jephcott is in the mix.
    Go on then....

https://youtu.be/PFIE1OTvs94
  • edited August 2021
    For what it's worth if Albie remains our key play maker in the 10 role, I do expect him to score at least 5. 

Gilbey I would guess is Albie's direct competition. If they get 5 each, I'd say that's decent. 

If we agree on the 15 from the wings.

Stockley adds another 15 imo. 

Washington is our unknown in this formation. I'd say 7-10 if he's used regularly.

The rest of the squad combined maybe 15-20 goals.

That's around 70 goals.

When JFC returns, we can expect 2-3 from him too.

• Still not sure that starting 11 has enough goals in it.
    Stockley 15-20
    Gilbey 5-10
    Morgan 5
    Clare 5
    Washington 10

Sean Clare has been mostly played out of position at those clubs, especially Oxford (17 apps at right back). I would be hoping we’ll get the Clare that had license to get forward and support attacks at Hearts where he got 7 in 54.

Morgan has one league goal in his career yes. He’s just been given the no.10 shirt and should be expected to kick on now. But all of a sudden the AM fan club are telling me to manage expectation and five goals is too many to ask? That has to be a bare minimum for someone with the 10 on their back and the talent he possesses.

I’ll give you Gilbey but at the same time, I am supremely confident that Adkins unlocked something there that we didn’t see under Bow. 3 in 10 is good going from midfield and translates to 13-14 in a full season. He can get to 10 with enough minutes.
    Really liked what I saw with Gilbey under Adkins. He’s one of those players whose attributes are better without the ball; pressing, defensively sound, making runs into the box late. Only concern is that when teams come to sit back and he is forced to try and play as a playmaker when it’s not his strengths.
  • Still not sure that starting 11 has enough goals in it.
    Stockley 15-20
    Gilbey 5-10
    Morgan 5
    Clare 5
    Washington 10

I'd be very surprised if he gets more than 5 goals, personally whoever is CAM or the playmaker will need to get more 8-10, with assists in abundance like 10-15, I don't think currently Albie offers this. Happy if he is a back up or brought on. I am not sure he is quite ready still and doubtful whether he is even league one standard. Again i don't want to criticise him too much, just my current opinion, if Gilbey is not fit for another month we need someone or we need to change our formation to accommodate two up front.

TLDR: Albie prove me wrong please! 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!